September 18, 2014 | 2171 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by xglasgowgirl

This done nothing but make my face look oily and made my skin look more problematic. wouldnt re-purchase

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2014 4:27:00 AM More reviews by tia347

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This just didn't seems to work for me at all. I break out everytime I tried it. And on top of that it didn't work like it should have. My face looked the same with or without this under my foundation. No extra lasting power either that I noticed.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by Emilymarie0103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, I have been testing this product out for 1-2 days a week for the last 3 weeks or so. So I feel I have a pretty good grasp on how it went for me now.

I purchased this in the hopes that I could find an everyday primer instead of using my expensive Stila all the time. Here are the reasons I personally do not like this product.

After patting this into my skin I find that it clings to any slightly dry patch I may have and accentuates it even more when i apply my dewy finish foundation. I moisturise prior to primer and let settle for about 5 mins before going in with primer waiting another 5 for settle time and then applying foundation and so on, my skin is well prepped and has never done this to me before.
This primer also seems to make all my foundations oxidise after about an hour,sometimes sooner, i'm unsure if this has anything to do with the tint to the product but that's just my guess. Having yellow undertones, my foundations turning pinky/orange only when i seem to be trialling this primer is a big no no for me.
It also has a scent to it, quite florally and not the most pleasant but luckily it seems to fade after a wee bit.

There were two things that I did like about this primer though, it did prolong the wear time of my foundations as opposed to not wearing any and it also seemed to keep me shine free/matte while I was at a Beyonce concert dancing my heart away :) This was a pretty good thing i thought.

Overall I think that if you have a more pink based skin tone this primer could be ok, maybe trial pairing a foundation that is a shade or two lighter to allow for the possibility of it oxidising. Have a play with it, I think this would definitely work for someone out there but for myself I dislike it... quite a lot :/

I can safely say I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Bittersweet43

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hardly ever use Primer. Maybe once a month if I go out somewhere where I really "dress up" like a club or a party.
I've been using it for a few years ever since my urban decay ran out and i've been lacking funds.
Anyway. I like it a re-buy it because it does the job. for me at least. IT IS an awkward color. I never really was bothered by the color until I read all these reviews talking about how gross the color is lol. Once I put foundation I don't notice the orangey undertones.... maybe that's just me?
I have a medium to tan complexion too.
It keeps my face on. It doesn't crease or maybe me look cakey. It makes my skin look smoother and nicer.
I will continue to by this until I can afford something better.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by BeatFaceBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Brought this primer years ago when I was just starting out in makeup and didn't know any better, I wish I had. Picked it up at Walmart, cost around $7.99~$8. I couldn't even use it because of the orange color, I'm a brown skinned girl so I never even had a chance :/ To the tanned and brown...You've been warned.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by azulxxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product hoping it would be good enough so i wouldnt have to end up buying a more expensive primer!
It really does suck.. The apricot colour is really strange and the primer doesnt do anything infact it has made my makeup look cakey and gross and the apricot undertone has made my usually flawless Mac NC25 look horrible!

Hopefully the Smashbox primer i buy will be much better, the reviews seem great! x

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great primer! I use this one and have also used the other one called pro. This one I prefer more, it feels so smooth on the skin, helps keep my oily t-zone in check, and my makeup applies smoothly over top. I will definately buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by toulose

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favourite primer was a YSL, has been discontinued and its replacement priced itself off my list. No matter, there is Rimmel, a winner for me and when I used it on my Mother's skin as wedding makeup for her grandson's wedding she loved it too. I bought a non tinted one in the States and the tinted one in my home country. My advice is to try both and see which one works best with your makeup. It's worth serious consideration.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by NICOLESINGH1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer is really good. My foundation breaks on my smiles lines and looks really ugly. Ive tried quite a few primers but this one works pretty well. It also helps my makeup go on smoother. I also like that its a peach colour, it help even out my skin a lil bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Sinjin1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Being an older lady I was quite impressed with primer not just being a sheer dimethicone lotion. I apply with a stipple and use a foundation over it..Very important how you apply a setting powder. It hid pores and lines quite well. It comes in several formula's. I think it works well. I would highly recommend for older skin, I've got a drawer full of primers..I find myself reaching for this product.