April 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Powder - Laura Geller - Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation in Fair

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Tralana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just like the last poster, I got this in the "on the bright side" collection from QVC. I used to use bare minerals, which was always just so annoying to use. Let me tell you..after using this, I threw away ALL my other foundations! This stuff covers like a dream, idk why ppl complain about the case, it's cute and all the LG products have their own mirror. I just use a retractable brush with it..I love it! And also, they're going to start selling the banish n brighten I think in July? It came with my package and it's a awesome concealer! The concealer and this foundation are my HG! Covers everything, even the redness!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by PinkLily

Love love love this! It is the best powder foundation I have ever used. I have it in Fair because I got it in a kit and they had only Fair available. I'm glad they did because I think Medium/Regular would have been too dark for me. I don't consider myself particularly "fair" but I think I am more pale than I think... lol Anyway... on to the review.

I use a powder brush and lightly spritz some facial spray on the brush and then sweep that over the pan. This alleviates any loose powder flying all ove the place and being wasted. (I read some reviews - I can't remember if it was on here or on qvc.com - that had complaints about the powder being wasted from merely swirling your brush in the pan.)

This powder sort of "melts" into your skin (I use it over either the Pure Luxe eraser primer or the Mally Beauty primer) and leaves a very nice finish. It's not shiny at all - but not flat matte. It's juuuuust riiiight. The coverage is relatively sheer. Sort of "your skin but better." I use a concealer brush and apply to areas that need more coverage.

All in all, I'm really glad I bought this powder. The kit (I can't remember the full name but it was something about brightening) was probably not worth it but this powder is 100%.

My only complaint is that the packaging looks cheap. But that's not a big deal to me. I'm not using this for touchups in public, so I don't care that much.

I wish I had known about this powder and had bought loads when it was on sale at Sephora. Oh well. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 6:33:00 AM More reviews by antoniaaddict

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this alot in fair.
It can vary in colour,sometimes lighter than previous container.
Alot complain its too yellow based.
I find it is quick at covering redness rather than a liquid.
Allways use spackle underneath.
Im on my 4th one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by bhindhazeleyez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation! I had been using loose mineral make-up, but I hate that is is so messy! This is much less messy and faster to do in the morning when I am in a rush. The color is not an exact match for me, but I can wear it almost all year long and make it work. I do find that it can be somewhat drying, but if I apply it over moisturizer and spackle, then it is much less drying than when applied on bare skin. Overall, it is a nice alternative to messy mineral make-up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 3:06:00 PM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have this in fair & I love it. It brightens my skin and helps to reduce the redness from my rosacea. It's a very sheer foundation, but can be layered for more coverage. It doesn't oxidize on me, but my chin sometimes starts to look a little oily at the end of the day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by mrsbigsky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

There is nothing special about this product. I was so disappointed. My MIL swears by this stuff and she looks adorable in it. It may work for others but it did not work for me. The fair was not fair enough... Maybe it would work in the summer when I have a little more color.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Deesign

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Received the light shade of Balance N Brighten in the QVC TSV Delectable Chocolate Beauty set. This was my first LG purchase. They seemed very popular so I wanted to try them. I'm over 50 with very few lines and no wrinkles, a light peachy complexion and sensitive, combination skin. I was so excited to try this that I didn't read the lists of ingredients, which I always do because of my sensitivity. I applied the BNB powder over clean skin and a primer and my skin looked chalky, dry and felt tight. Even though I used a primer and eye cream, I had dryness around my eyes, and it pulled my skin and created lines and scales where there weren't any visible before. The obvious reason for the drying effect is that the first ingredient in both this product and the blushes is talc, and it's the 2nd ingredient in the eyeshadow as well. Talc is no longer used in many cosmetics because of its potential health hazards. The list of ingredients for the BnB in this set is different that those on the LG site.

This is going back to QVC.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Im50

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loved my Laura Geller blush, so thought I should give this powder a try....not a good idea. It is far too dark for my fair skin, and it really doesn't have coverage. I am going back to my Pur Minerals, quite content to pay through the nose for the privilege! This might have been a good product had it matched my skin tone - the brush is soft, and the product itself does not break you out or cause problems in that way. Unfortunately, it does not give you coverage, either.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2009 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Heather0kay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would not call this "fair " ; it is more like a medium -light tone. It makes my pale olive skin look dirty and dark and does not brighten anything. Too bad because it is not at all powdery looking; maybe I can use it nest summer. I would purchase if it came in a lighter color!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by tracy1031

mineral makeup =not for me. this aint bad, but its not oilfree so take caution if you're acne prone!