September 22, 2014 | 2082 users online

Powder - Laura Geller - Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation in Fair

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by tweety1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

"This is a product I didn't think would ever be anything special, but I was however intreasted how many positive review and was Intrigued into finding out why it was such an amazing product I am a fan of bare minerals and love the way it feel on my skin and looks but by the end of the day need refreshing, I bought this product and was shocked at the results I got from them it went on like a dream and the compact is so much easy than bare escentuals and at the end of the day it looked as fresh as it did when I put it on in the morning , the way I put the foundation on is with my handy kabuki brush from bare escentuals so quick and easy I use a very small amount and I buff into the skin , I don't think I will ever go back to bare minerals except for there mineral veil looks gorgeous with this make up thank you Laura geller you truly are amazing x

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by msmommarn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

At first I felt this was going to work like any other pressed powder. What you must know that this is not a pressed powder. It is a medium to full coverage foundation. This is a product that starts its life as a liquid and is baked.
Applied with a kabuki brush and concealer brush, this stuff has great coverage. Very light feeling. Every time I put it on I feel naked as though I forgot foundation. I check the mirror and see a super nice matte finish that evens skin tone and covers well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

First off the color shade on this is a little off. This is a little dark for me but I make it work with a lighter concealer. I saw Laura promoting this on one of the home shopping shows and I was pretty impressed with this. So I gave it a try. I am so happy I did. The first day I wore this my husband was staring at me and finally said how amazing my skin looked. I was so happy to hear that. I have really bad acne and it takes so much effort to get my skin to even look a little nice. This product does that. I use primer as normal and then a liquid concealer. If I need to I will touch up my concealer after the powder, but I usually do not have to. This goes on so lovely and it literally takes me no time to get my whole face done in a lot less time then it usually takes me with some of my other makeup. I find myself wearing this more then any other makeup because it is so easy yet makes me look so radiant and healthy. I am completely sold on this although I would love to see it in a fairer color, like snow white fair. I would advise to make sure you have the Retractable Baked Powder brush to use with this. I have tried other brushes and none smooth this on as well as that brush does.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by harls321

I have a light medium skintone and this was a good match however it does not provide enough coverage for me as my other powder foundations. It does nothing for my oily skin as I am always blotting my shine with this. I do like the finish since it never looks cakey no matter how much you apply. It also feels so lightweight, like nothing is on. I guess I will use it as a finishing powder instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2010 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Allthatglittersisnotgold

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using Laura Geller products for around a year now and have used a couple of 'Balance n Brighten' compacts within that time.
I like the consistency, I think it gives great coverage for a powder foundation (and I have alot to cover) but, as previous reviewers have stated, it is far too orangey for my fair skin, particularly when I'm layering it! It looks fine when I first put it on, but then I get outside during the day and catch myself in a reflection and I look like I've just been recruited at Willy Wonka's. Apparently Laura is bringing out a 'fairer' one, which hopefully won't be orange, and I could wear alone without liquid foundation underneath to even out the orange, but this could take a couple of years to be released, bummer! Also, even though the compact is handy, I wouldn't dare take the full size out with me in my handbag, they're so fragile, they crack so easily (from personal experience) and make a complete mess, so I guess in that respect they're not that ergonomical. I actually have the baked to go version just for taking out with me. So overall I like this foundation, but I'd love it if it was fairer as unfortunately, I'm no umpa lumpa.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Well..I'm a big fan of Laura Geller. I absolutely love the Baked Body Frosting--love it! I also love the Eye-Rimz shadow/liner--the pigmentation is amazing and it lasts and lasts. The eye spackle is amazing as well. I've watched Ms. Geller on QVC and to tell you the truth, she comes across as so amiable--I just could not wait to receive this Balance n Brighten! As I am very fair skinned, I naturallyl ordered the fair. OK--for all you fair-skinned, freckle-faced women such as I, do you have the jackie-O-Lantern syndrome like me? I'm telling you--whenever I purchase any foundation I have to to the orange test. So many products turn my face into a little oompah-loompah, jackie-o-lantern cutie! Same with eye shadows and lipsticks!
So I get this BnB, I practically rip the box apart because I'm as excited as a kid in a candy store. No sooner does the foundation hit my face that the orange-haze appears! Oh, I cannot tell you how beyond dissappointed I was..and I'll tell you, I was really upset at Laura Geller!
Yes! She is a make-up artist with a line of great products. Ya think after all the research she does that she would find a product that does not turn orange! Oh the humanity!!
I WOULD purchase this product again if Ms. Geller happens to come up with a formula for fair skin that doesn't turn orange. The baked body frosting doesn't turn orange--and I use it on my face all the time--so why can't a foundation have a similar formula.
Anyway, that's it. If your face has the slightest tendancy to turn orange please keep far away from this!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Tralana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just like the last poster, I got this in the "on the bright side" collection from QVC. I used to use bare minerals, which was always just so annoying to use. Let me tell you..after using this, I threw away ALL my other foundations! This stuff covers like a dream, idk why ppl complain about the case, it's cute and all the LG products have their own mirror. I just use a retractable brush with it..I love it! And also, they're going to start selling the banish n brighten I think in July? It came with my package and it's a awesome concealer! The concealer and this foundation are my HG! Covers everything, even the redness!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by PinkLily

Love love love this! It is the best powder foundation I have ever used. I have it in Fair because I got it in a kit and they had only Fair available. I'm glad they did because I think Medium/Regular would have been too dark for me. I don't consider myself particularly "fair" but I think I am more pale than I think... lol Anyway... on to the review.

I use a powder brush and lightly spritz some facial spray on the brush and then sweep that over the pan. This alleviates any loose powder flying all ove the place and being wasted. (I read some reviews - I can't remember if it was on here or on qvc.com - that had complaints about the powder being wasted from merely swirling your brush in the pan.)

This powder sort of "melts" into your skin (I use it over either the Pure Luxe eraser primer or the Mally Beauty primer) and leaves a very nice finish. It's not shiny at all - but not flat matte. It's juuuuust riiiight. The coverage is relatively sheer. Sort of "your skin but better." I use a concealer brush and apply to areas that need more coverage.

All in all, I'm really glad I bought this powder. The kit (I can't remember the full name but it was something about brightening) was probably not worth it but this powder is 100%.

My only complaint is that the packaging looks cheap. But that's not a big deal to me. I'm not using this for touchups in public, so I don't care that much.

I wish I had known about this powder and had bought loads when it was on sale at Sephora. Oh well. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 6:33:00 AM More reviews by antoniaaddict

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this alot in fair.
It can vary in colour,sometimes lighter than previous container.
Alot complain its too yellow based.
I find it is quick at covering redness rather than a liquid.
Allways use spackle underneath.
Im on my 4th one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by bhindhazeleyez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation! I had been using loose mineral make-up, but I hate that is is so messy! This is much less messy and faster to do in the morning when I am in a rush. The color is not an exact match for me, but I can wear it almost all year long and make it work. I do find that it can be somewhat drying, but if I apply it over moisturizer and spackle, then it is much less drying than when applied on bare skin. Overall, it is a nice alternative to messy mineral make-up.