December 19, 2014 | 1542 users online

Fragrances - The Body Shop - Japanese Cherry Blossom EDT

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 5:07:00 AM More reviews by bluemushroom

such a pretty and girly smell..I got this as a gift, and have been wearing it religiously every weekend. In my opinion, this is something that you can wear on a date, day party or weekend with the girls. not going to buy it again, as I prefer my usual Clinique happy heart over this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2010 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Veedebee

This is a very pretty floral scent, light, fresh and breezy. It is not overpowering in any way and it lasts a reasonable length of time, but not all day. Compliments the bodywash and gel or body butter beautifully for very little cost and in an adequate bottle. Maybe a going out scent for a young girl, but definately a freshen up/daytime everyday scent for most women. Very little not to like about this. On me it stays true to the fragrance of the first spray whilst I am wearing it, it does not develop - though that may be different for others.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Indrawn

I actually tried this on in the shop and didn't end up buying it. I was searching for a sweet, light, everyday perfume and I thought Cherry Blossoms were supposed to be just that. It's a floral scent, fairly light but a bit more heavy than I'd like. This costs $30 AUD, slightly overpriced like all Body Shop items. I'd buy it if it was cheaper, but it's too 'ordinary' smelling to be worth $30.

- - -
PRICE [3] $30 AUD | PACKAGING [4] | REPURCHASE [no]

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by abbyyyy

I sampled this fragrance whilst searching for a cheap, clean smelling perfume that I could use everyday. I find that majority of TBS's EDT line are reasonably priced, and are a good middle ground alternative for everyday perfumes value wise. However, this perfume just smelt cheap on my skin.

The perfume was flat and tacky, a hot mess of far too sweet soap. I did not get any appealing scent out of this, let alone a clean smelling scent I was looking for. The smell is overpowering and head ache enducing.

The bottle is cute, with the cherry trees and flowers against the shades of pink being very cute, however as I have said in other reviews I would like to see TBS introduce boxes with their perfumes - althought I realise I am probably asking too much for TBS.

Will not be buying this any time soon.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this scent out, and I thought it was disgusting! To me, it smelled like powder-scented deodorant times ten. Gross! If you're looking for a good Japanese Cherry Blossom fragrance, then just head over to Bath and Body Works. B&BW's Japanese Cherry Blossom puts this one to shame.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 8:49:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

I bought this at the end of a long and hot day when everything expensive kind of smelled so cheap- probably because of the burning heat. I was actually looking for L'occitane's cherry or cherry blossom- both of which are better than this imo- but could only get hold of this. The body shop cherry blossom is lighter and weaker than the previous ones and the opening -where you get the most cherry blossom- might smell a tad synthetic to more picky noses. To me, it wasn't super disturbing and the plastic smell disappeared in one minute anyway. This little frag. even managed to have a lifting opening in that minute as well. The rest is linear, very clean and durable, somewhere between a soft cotton candy and a very light, clean, creamy floral. It may not be a HG for many, but in the end of the day, it was a life saver for me on a very hot day. That it didn't turn sour or rootten needs to be appreciated.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2009 10:27:00 AM More reviews by alabaster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On me it smells like candle wax. Great on everyone else but not me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by NatureLover0685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I use this with the puree body lotion. The price was a bit too expensive, but I thought the scent is quite nice. Japanese Cherry Blossom has always been one of my favorite flowers, so it's very ideal for springtime. Not too strong, but very simple, fresh, and sweet.

The only downside is the price, plus the scent doesn't last very long. Must use it with the lotion or you'll have to reapply at least 2-3 times a day just to keep the scent going.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by 52pigtails

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this because I found it quite plasticky. My problem may be that I compared it to L'Occitane Cherry Blossom, which is far different and I love much (L'Occitane contains real cherries, too, which makes the fragrance fruitier). Also, I tried it along with Moroccan Rose, sultry and rich, which conquered me.
This fragrance may be pleasant, but compared to others it just... disappears!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by operapearls

I don't understand all of the negative reviews for this product! I love it! It's the perfect clean sweet scent for the summer.