September 18, 2014 | 1629 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Alba Botanica - Un-petroleum Multi-Purpose Jelly

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by SpauldingC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is an excellent makeup remover. I like that it doesn't smell like anything. This seems more sticky than Vaseline but I prefer it for moisturizing my tired eyes at night. I also like that this never makes me breakout.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by GLou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's an inexpensive, pure and natural thick moisturizer. I use it at night on my lips and (very sparingly) on any dry patches of skin and I wake up with moisturized soft lips and skin. I would definitely recommend this product as an alternative to Vaseline.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by 6rungirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Tried using petroluem jelly for an eye moisturizer and on my lips at night...started breaking out. I've been using Alba Un-petroleum for the last couple weeks and no breakouts. It's annoying to have greasy eyes at night, but I really do like the moisturization it gives me. Will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by sudali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Now this is a steal!!! I got this @ Whole Foods for $3.99 I think - omg it's amazing! I use to only use this @ night only but then I started using it in the morning too & I started getting so many complements on my skin! I have a tendency to over-use products lol & by that I mean to use too much but I've learned that a lil is waaaaaaaay better than looking like u can fry eggs on your face lol! I got this for all my family & friends!!! A+++++++++++++++

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Jennylyn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this DOESN'T make me break out. I love it. Yes it does give you a greasy shiny face for your boyfriend at night but you wake up to super soft skin! I have used it every night for about 2 weeks. I do feel that it smooths out my wrinkles around my eyes, and oddly reduces my pore size around my cheeks. I love it, I will continue to use it because I feel it really hydrates my skin, and who doesn't love hydrated skin! This also has made my skin less oily throughout the day? (I do not use this during the day). I wash my face, apply my cerave lotion and then this. I slather it around my eyes, and kind of pat it all over the rest of my face. a little goes a long way! I don't need much to cover my face. Any way I can't tale all the credit for such awesome tips and tricks! Thanks to Kandee Johnson (make-up artist)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

Love this. It's free of mineral oil and actually helps soothe and moisturize the skin instead of creating a barrier, like MO does. I use a heft coating of this applied like lip balm before bed. By the morning the ingredients, (oils) have absorbed into my lips and theyre fresh and soft to start the day. Lovely. it's not that expensive either. less than aquaphor. Try it !

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 9:21:00 AM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Great all natural alternative to vaseline!!Great stuff for lips, cuticles, feet and other dry spots if you are looking for a natural alternative for Vaseline without the petrolatum. I rub it on my feet at night and sleep with socks on. It made the area under my eyes plumper and great for my hands and elbows. I use this on my lashes and brows also. I do not use this on my face nor would I use vaseline on my face. I use it for everything else. The consistency is a bit thinner than petroleum jelly, which I like. A little goes a long way so I have had this for a while. I wish it that it came in a small travel size, and a lip gloss! My 10 yr old has psoriasis and I only use natural products on his skin,not the steroids and medicine that lowers your immune system ect.His skin looks better then people that are on those harsh medications so I ended up finding another use for it

Ingredients: Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, beeswax, hydrogenated castor oil, tocopheryl acetate and tocopherol (Vitamin E).
Made without petrolatum, paraffin, mineral oil, artificial fragrances or parabens.
Hypo-allergenic.
No animal testing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by thebobcat64

This is a great product! I put it on before I go to bed along with some vitamin e oil and my skin looks flawless the next morning. I had been using the Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Mask, which is great, but this gives me better results for a third of the price. I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by edigiovanni

This is an absolutely amazing product. You have to use it with a bit of precautionary warning.... yes, it is thick, oily, and quite frankly lays on the skin without much of it sinking in... However, if you cleanse your skin, apply this at night, let it sink in... you will notice your pores are smaller, your skin is supple, your face is noticeably clearer.

For reference, I am fair to warm skinned, oily/combination skin, and I am prone to breakouts. This does not irritate my skin at all, and in fact, retains the original moisture of my skin and does not interfere with it... It almost feels as though I am not wearing any kind of moisturizer at all in the morning, just like my normal skin but clearer, healthier, brighter...

In addition!! Alba UnPetro is amazing for your feet, elbows, lips, and the under eyes...especially during the day, if you want your eyes to feel totally lifted and moisturized. It's made from natural ingredients and will not clog your pores - just make sure you apply it to a totally clean face, no make-up residue at all, and you will be good.

I find that a main problem with people breaking out, and what might seem like "random" acne, it stems from improper makeup removal - you need to remove products from your face & neck completely - and sleeping on pillows that are loaded with grease and dirt and grime... not good :( .... I had terrible acne scars because I am fair skinned, but I also never realized what was causing RECURRENT acne... Once i stopped routinely breaking out, and I started using un-petro jelly, I noticed my face becoming cleaner & brighter... while eliminating previous acne scars.. As a little side note, please take my advice if you have skin like mine... and wash your sheets & pillow cases at LEAST once a week, if not two to three times....believe me, you will notice a change in your complexion.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by products101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Just amazing. Very inexpensive, and it works better than some of my most expensive moisturizers. Sometimes, Less is more.