August 28, 2014 | 1665 users online

Concealers - By Terry - Touch-Expert

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by syasya83

I bought this one today #3. I didnt fins shade #2 and #3 has dramatic difference so i pick up #3. Texture is creamy, takes time to dry, blends very well with my skin tone. Excellent concealer and for undereye. NO cakey or crease because i have oily lids. Pricey but worth it. Got the last one in store.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this because in the hot humid hell that is a Philadelphia summer, most years, my creamy concealer stash, my previous HG Cle de Peau and my current fav, La Mer were just too greasy even on my dry 60 year old under eye area.

Let's get out of the way the fact that the color selection sucks (which accounts for 4 rather than 5 as my rating), there's a light pink (#1), a beigey orange (#2) and a true beige (#3) that looks way too dark when applied to my ppp skin. Amazingly, #3 sinks right in. Lines are less noticeable and staying power is about equal to the CdP or La Mer, which is to say, if I apply it at 6am, unless I am going out after work, I don't need a touch up all day. The cost of these 2 products combined are a hell of a lot of $$ for concealer, which distresses me b/c they are pretty damned good.

This color is awful for me as a spot concealer. I bought the By Terry Touch Veloute for that. That's a new purchase, so I'm not ready to review it yet.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 8:48:00 AM More reviews by one_teaspoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

After using this everyday for a month, I think I can safely write a review without it being too premature. My overall feeling is that I am so glad I bought this!

I was previously using Becca's undereye concealer, and then Laura Mercier's secret concealer, and then YSL Touche Eclat. My main gripe with Becca's was that I did not need the heavier concealer, so half the container was a waste. LM was not bad but it creased into fine lines. The YSL was better but it wasn't the right colour even though I used #2, it still seemed too light for me, and the next colour was definitely wrong. And thenl I found By Terry!

I use By Terry's #2 and the colour is similar to LM's #2 also. I think so anyway, I can't really comment on its undertones. Whatever it is, it works very well for my undereye circles. It's a combination of YSL Touche Eclat and LM secret concealer if you ask me. It has the colour & coverage of the LM but the highlighting of the YSL. It looks very, very natural and better than either the YSL or the LM. It has incredible lasting power! It outlasted the YSL and LM on me.

It's AUD$85 which is rather dear - more expensive than Becca, LM or YSL - but worth every bit because I need undereye concealer to look awake, and this definitely does the job! Will be repurchasing when I run out. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 2:41:00 AM More reviews by cshea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

God has a sense of humor. Just as you reach the point in your life where the purple hollows around your eyes make it impossible to leave the house without concealer, you develop lines and creping that make it impossible to wear concealer. After a year of trying every product available, I took a trip to New York City, in significant part because I wanted to try this product. It was worth the trip. Touch Expert conceals, but it doesn't cake in my wrinkles. Additionally, even though it's a liquid, the consistency allows me to be very exacting in where I put it (purple hollows yes, lower lid no.) Sometimes I use my finger to put it on, sometimes the brush, sometimes a little of both. Love it. I also appreciate that it comes in so many shades. I was able to find the perfect one for me.

31 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Hayne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am loving this product. Terry did a much better job on this than YSL Eclat. It does not cake and the color is better. The 1 in YSL was to pink and light. I keep this in my purse and use at least once a day for touch-ups.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by goldenbrown

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG! LOVE IT! Hate the packaging! The price is terrible but this product is amazing - I look beautiful with this on - get so many compliments!

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! It lasts all day, covers everything and I look beautiful, glowing! It also pretty much matches my skin, NW15 - I add a bit of stargazer into it!

EDIT; GOD, I love this! I never thought Id find something that made me look so beautiful throughout the day., Covers my terrible acne, scars, bags, it makes me glow and looks natural! Ah, Adore!

EDIT: CHANGE THE FORMULA BACK! CHANGE IT BACK! I hate the new one :( and it costs more! Ruined my only HG product! I hate you people grr >.>!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2009 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Dimitra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was a very expensive product and when I was first using it I was in love, but over time i realised that this product moved and tendy to look quite cakey.

I liked this product because it was light reflecting and had good coverage, i noticed though that after a while on the skin it sat in fine lines and aged my skin around the eyes and looked cakey.. for the $90 price tag.. so not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by lovelycupcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

does anyone know where i can buy this great concealer in the US? any online websites? pleeeease please send me a PM or post any help, i am running out and in need! thanks girls!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 8:21:00 AM More reviews by mc82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have always liked the idea of YSL touche eclat, but for me, even trying the no.3 shade, it just doesn't look right on my under eye area. This is a much better alternative, I have used the no.3 shade and this has a much more apricot tone to it, which for my NC42 skin tone, looks natural and not ashy which I found with the YSL. I would say it brightens and has sheer concealer properties.
I got this from Space NK here in the UK for about 26, which is more then YSL, but with this you get 2.5ml, where as YSL is 1ml. This has lasted a long time so I think you do get better value for money. Recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by steffi23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

And i have to agree with everybody on this product so far its the best!! i have tried ysl touche eclat after telling the nice sales lady with the white teeth and perfect skin that i suffer badly with bruised looking undereyes so she told me about the ysl concealer and tried it on me and as always under the stores dim lighting it looked rather good and felt light. but once i got it home and tried it i looked a bit cakey and too white for my skin but i kept with it for a few months. but then i decided to pop into my local spacenk and asked the ladies in there if there was anything better than ysl and they told me that by terry had a very good concealer and that the ysl one that i was using was merley a highlighter only. so i tried by terry's concealer and it was love at first sight and problem over!! it was the perfect natural shade too and i dont know about anyone eles but it has a great undiscribable scent too!! love it!!