Smashbox O-GLOSS

3.6

on 11/9/2011 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Well I really liked the sound of this gloss , but don't feel it is anything special, I think it just goes a bit too pink for me as I like a very nude look, wouldn't repurchase.

on 10/24/2011 1:11:00 AM

I love this product, I was hesitant to buy it first because it was expensive for a lip gloss and the amount of the product in the tube.
Anyways, this product is amazing, for me the colour is kind of a true pink with hint of red... not quite fuchsia like what others are stating... I guess the heat of my body/lips determines the colour of the product (its clear out of the tube)
I also applied it on my wrist and fingers and they all came out in different colours. I love that its not sticky or thick and its moisturizing.
So I think if you're hesitant, try it out first & get a sample =)

This is a super fun product! The concept is really cool, I don't love the color it give my lips but I like it. The texture is the amazing part. It is the smoothest lip gloss texture I have ever tried with amazing staying power. Everyone should get this. Seriously...go buy it now. :)

on 9/20/2011 11:02:00 AM

I love this lip gloss because it's so fun! My sister bought this first and I tried some of hers and I loved it. But it took me a while to get one of my own since the price scared me a little but finally I did it. I know some people seems to get really weird colours from the lip gloss but on me it always looks gorgeous, the shade is not always the same but it always fits. I also have this in Noir which was from the autumn collection and it is a killer when going out in the evening. It becomes a kind of plum colour that really screams evening. But I'm a little bit more careful in applying Noir then I am the regular O-gloss since Noir can turn to dark if I put on to much. but overall I love both of them and will buy it again, but I am always careful not to loose my tubes and I use them till there is absolutely nothing leftm the lube is always flatter then a pancake when I'm finsihed with it.

on 9/18/2011 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an average gloss formula in a somewhat fun concept. While I do find the idea interesting (*poof* appears your own personalized lipcolor) I find the fact that it is a gloss kind of turns me off of it. I only wear glosses very rarely and I think it is a shame that they didn't come out with a lipbalm version of this (Dior did, also making it much more expensive). I find the gloss to be below-average for me because it slides around my lips and some can migrate to the corners of my mouth, so one lippie off. Also I think the packaging is rather stupid, since it is opaque pink, so you can't see the quantity of gloss you have left. I like to know the quantity of makeup I have to gauge if I should either throw it out, or buy a backup, but with this it is impossible to judge. Hence another lippie off. Also I am rather annoyed with the fact that I only get a small amount of gloss compared to the normal glosses offered by Smashbox, so I docked a lippie off for that. I will not repurchase this since NYX also came out with their version of this lipgloss and as long as I can find a cheaper version, I'll use that one because the gimmick is not worth the price.

on 9/6/2011 4:45:00 PM

this is expensive, especially since i bought it in sweden for 225 krona, which is about $35. it really does change color and even though the shade itself is very flattering, i dont like the actual gloss. its just so sticky. this in lip balm form would be amazing! but i wont buy this gloss again. too expensive, not worth it. nobody likes lip gloss in their hair.

on 8/22/2011 8:26:00 PM

This product works, but not for the long haul. I find myself reapplying it often. It comes out too bright on my skin if it's too hot and I pretty much use this on my cheeks and lips, because it's just the same as the o-blush or whatever it's called. I was disappointed with this product, but I will use it because it does work for a little while and is easy to carry around in a purse.

on 8/4/2011 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm pretty luke warm about this product. The concept it cool, but I would rather control the colour of your lips. It does moisturize, but I find the texture to be a little strange. It feels a little silicone-like.

on 7/31/2011 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I lusted and lemmed over this gloss for quite some time before I finally broke down and purchased a tube. $22 for a gloss that may or may not compliment my skin tone is a pricey gamble. If anyone is interested in this gloss, I'd recommend they try it at their local Sephora/beauty counter and give it a whirl in person.

Luckily for me, the gamble paid off. I'm NW20/Fairly Light in BE, with dark hair and green eyes. When I first applied the gloss, which is clear on the tube, I instantly felt a little silly for buying into the hype of a 'customizable' product that changes with your flesh tone like a cosmetic mood ring. However, after about 10 seconds, the color turned a gorgeous, soft fuschia - like a slightly muted hot pink, warmed by a bit of natural looking soft berry. That's the best way I can describe it. I shrugged at my reflection and went about my day, because even though the shade was pretty, I still wasn't convinced it was worth the price.

However, I realized that the texture of the gloss is my new holy grail of glosses - hydrating, shiny, and not the least bit sticky. And I'm a girl who likes plenty of sticky glosses, from MAC to VS BeautyRush. This is the absolute best gloss I have ever tried, and it makes me want to try other Smashbox glosses in the future.

I would purchase this gloss again, however, I'd feel more comfortable paying $16 - $18 from a reputable blogseller, eBayer, or similar, since I think that's what it's worth. Still, if you feel like treating yourself, and you know the color works for you, I would say go ahead and splurge, if only for the gloss's amazing texture itself. The color for me was lovely, but it was almost an afterthought, until someone complimented me on it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I was quite impressed with this product. I am ddd with medium to dark pigmented lips (my lower lip is a lighter tone than my top lip). This gloss gave me an obvious brownish-pink tint. Very nice. It did look like I had put on coloured lipgloss. And, it is a shade that looks nice without any makeup. Actually, it really is the perfect pink shade for my complexion. The gloss itself is very smooth and non-sticky. I love it, one negative thing is that it is not a lasting tint. I am also concerned about how it will affect the lips of the man I kiss when I am wearing it. Chances are he will not be too thrilled with pink lips.

Recommended for Medium Skin