April 25, 2014 | 1102 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Lumene - Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover for Eyes and Lips

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by LindaYAY

I first found this product at CVS while it was on sale ($7-8, I think?) with ECBs back AND I had a coupon. All in all it ended up near free, but I would probably repurchase even if I had to pay full price -- and for me, that's saying something. I find it removes my waterproof mascara pretty easily. Also, it doesn't sting or mess up my contacts, and it feels nourishing to my skin. The only problem I have with this is that *sometimes,* like when I've done a really dramatic look like lots of smudgy eyeliner, it'll take a few more swipes to get it all off. Still, if it'll just a smidgen of eye shadow and liner, then mascara, this'll do the job in just one swipe!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2011 2:26:00 AM More reviews by beauanderos

THEEEE BEST waterproof eye makeup remover!!!
it works really well, not as oily as you think it'd be, no scrubbing needed!
it takes EVERYTHING off, so you never have that leftover eye makeup smudging down your eyes in the morning.

i will def buy again! its worth the 11 bucks at cvs to not have to worry about all your waterproof eyeliner or mascara not coming off!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by GooMavs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I didn't think I would ever have an HG eye makeup remover, but this is it!! Takes off all my eye makeup and any long-lasting lip color that I can't wash off. Nice packaging as well. It doesn't spill in my bag. Just make sure you shake the bottle first!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by PandaBrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This product is really easy to use. You shake the bottle to mix the two liquids and pour the liquid out through a small hole at the top of the bottle. The bottle itself is nice to look at too.

The eye makeup remover works well, but I didn't expect it to be so oily. But don't worry too much about that. It doesn't stay really oily for long, just in the initial few seconds. What you can do is swipe off your eye makeup with this and then just wash your face, and it'll be fine.

Sometimes I'll notice that after I'm done washing my face, when I tilt my head up and look in the mirror, I have a few black streaks coming down from my eyes that I guess the eye makeup remover didn't get off. It may just be that I have to wipe my eyes more thoroughly with the product though.

It's gentle and I can use it with my contacts, so that's a plus. It's not absolutely fantastic, but it works well enough to where I would repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've been a devout, long-time user of cold-cream to remove everything at the end of the day (followed by a gentle cleanser, of course); however, just lately my eyes have become SO sensitive to just about everything, that I'm switching things up to see if the situation improves.

For this reason, I used my CVS "extra bucks" to purchase this remover, and it is awesome! It is SO gentle and so effective, leaving my eye area feeling hydrated and soothed, and no blurry vision afterward!

If you're tired of tugging at your eyes to remove waterproof products, or tired of the blurred vision that occurs with most oil-based removers, give this one a chance. It is inexpensive, and works beautifully.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by vesquer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After trying and throwing away the maybelline waterproof makeup remover, and the loreal eye makeup romover, I bought this makeup remover and I LOVE THIS!!! All it takes is one swipe with a cotton pad. I do not need to tug to get my eye makeup off. It is not too oily it reminds me of the lacome one but less expensive!! I think this is my HG makeup remover...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by schoenl

The most effective yet gentle water proof mascara/eye make-up remover among ALL drugstore brands. PERIOD. I am a contact lenses wearer and this product does not leave any oily residue on my contacts or in my eyes. It is inexpensive as well and the packaging is nice. Hurray!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by nettaOY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! I use to use the Clinique Take the day off - one, but this is as good as that one. And the Clinique one costs like 3 times more.
Will repurchase again and again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Angelsdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is so far the best eye makeup remover ive used. I prefer liquid eye removers to the pad ones because it takes off my waterproof eye makeup better and faster. I have purchased the pad ones before and i have to rub my eyes over and over again to get half the makeup off. This remover i got on sale and it does a great job taking everything over which just a swipe of a cotton pad. However i do not like the dispenser cause its a bit of a hassle to get the product out. The opening is small so i cant get much out. But overall i like it. I'm open to new options but i will definitely keep this product in mind and will repurchase it if i do not find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 3:59:00 AM More reviews by beforenafter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have no idea how many bottles of this I've gone through. I mostly buy at CVS but today I found some at Ulta, so yay. I applied the $5 off $10 purchase and got 2 bottles for $7 plus tax . .. so less than $4 a piece!

All that to say, you've got to be kidding me if I'm going to spend over $22 for Bi-facil!

I like Bi-facil but my absolute favorite is Mary Kay (Although it might just be rose colored memories at this point it's been so long since I've used it .. . ) I've tried Neutrogena's dual phase (hated it) and L'Oreal's (total waste of time) and Almay (fail) and Olay Regenrist (not awesome) and Estee Lauder Gentle (as useless as L'Oreal's) and Bobbi Brown (Okay but kinda sting-y)

Lumene isn't the best but it is the best value.

Edit: 4/23/11

I just received as a gift the bi-facil and in a side by side comparison.: The 2 are NOT the same. The Lumene performed BETTER than Lancome! Really truly. I can't wait til I'm done with the Lancome so that I can go back to Lumene!