TheBalm Sexy Mama

4.2

mica, boron nitride, polyethylene (and) PTFE, zea mays (Corn) starch, silica, isoeicosane, zinc stearate, styrene/DVB copolymer, polyisobutene, dimethylimidinone rice starch, iron oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, gossypium herbaceum (Cotton) powder, sodium dehydroacetate, dimethicone.

on 7/6/2013 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As always the packaging's adorable, as is everything in TheBalm's line. The price is crazy for a face powder but I bought it after reading the positive reviews. What I don't like about this powder is I find it dulls my skin, I find it makes me sallow and my skin look dull and tends to highlight my large pores and any patches of dry skin. I've very dissatisfied with this product and I would not repurchase.

on 6/10/2013 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I got Sexy Mama at TJ Maxx in a 3 product set for $20! I had recently finished my MACBlot powder and really dididn't want to spend $26 one that one item. When I saw this at TJ Maxx I immediately had to have it for this one item. I have oily skin so I love blot powders and finishing powders. First off, I like the caedboard packaging. It feels sturdy and is easy to open and close. It also contains a mirror. The only thing I'm a like "ehh" about is the girl in lingerie on the cover. When I use this, I always get funny stares in public. Lol! Most arr curious as to what I am putting on my face. But that's the only thing off putting, in my opinion. But I just found some cute cloth and covered it that. Secondly, the product itself is awesome! I blot my face with it and it helps the oils and disapears into my skin! Love it and I will buy again!

on 6/10/2013 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my everyday powder and I'm not planning to change it. I don't wear much of foundation. Just a BB cream and then this amazing powder on. The reason I first bought this because it was translucent. And most brands claim to have translucent, but they are always darker than my very fair skin. The Balm solved my problem with this powder. I'm already on my third pack now.

The packaging is cute. When others see it, they never think it's actually a mu product, which amuses me. But it's adorable and I'm happy about the Balm's products. The price is nice for this quality of powder. While the Balm makes nice discounts at times, I always seem to miss them. *shakes fist at*

Will keep on repurchasing! <3

on 6/5/2013 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I was looking for a face powder and honestly I bought this one because I was attracted by the packaging which was really cute. The second reason was it said "oil absorbent" because I have a really really really (so many really's) oily skin.

to be honest, I wasn't expecting so much from this product because usually cute packaging lies about quality. surprisingly, this product exceeded my expectations. It keeps my face matte, it does not cause breakout and it has pretty packaging with a mirror. I also got my friends asking me what i had used that my face became less oily. i always use this powder everyday after I put on my bb cream and it sits on my skin quite long. even though it's quite expensive i would totally repurchase it because it's worth it!

on 5/28/2013 7:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

this is perfect for setting makeup at the end. when you finish all your makeup, just let it blend all your face. so natural. i will definetely buy again cause i don't like the look of make the powder covers my face. after 8 hours, there was nothing wrong on my face no bad feeling tough

on 5/27/2013 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This powder is not as finely milled as I like but is one of the few pale enough for me.

Added- After some use I have found that the translucence of this powder is misrepresented. I am incredibly pale and it makes my face 3 shades darker than my neck and chest.

I don't get excited by the packaging. I don't mind the cardboard, but the print and name are silly and I'm not always in the mood for silly. What I like about this product is that it does not contain talc, bismuth oxychloride, or cyclopentasiloxane. I have dermatitis-prone, sensitive, clog-prone skin and I react badly to all those ingredients. This powder sets the makeup around my t-zone and keeps my nose shine-free for at least three hours until I have to blot. Three hours is a lot of shine-free hours. I have a very shiny nose. What else? I love the size, the portability of the product, and what else...? I think the color is really translucent (for me anyway, I'm NC20-25). It is very hard for me to find easily accessible facial make up (powder, foundation, concealer) that does not contain ingredients that irritate my skin, so I hope TheBalm never stops making this powder.

on 4/27/2013 8:16:00 PM

I have combination skin with oily t-zone. My skin preparation consist of washing my face in the morning, applying Sheer tint moisturiser by Dermalogica and a little bit of Bare Minerals mineral foundation. I usually need a touch-up around 2-3pm, because of my oily t-zone.

This product works fine as a touch-up, it does not get too powdery and melts into the skin without creating more oiliness. I do not use it every day, so I have not experienced that it clogs my pores nor creating break-outs. The only thing that really irritates me is that there is no brush or applier for this powder. I like to keep it in my purse for touch-ups during the day, and this requires me to bring an additional brush (since I do not like to bring my entire make-up purse). Because this is so impractical, I will only give it three lippies. I think I will try and find something else that has a brush or a pad in the packaging.

on 4/11/2013 12:04:00 PM

A good powder - I liked it, though not to the point where I'm desperate to repurchase now that I've run out. I only use powder as a mattifier for my oily lids or as an eyeshadow base, and to set under-eye concealer. (Occasionally, I'll use it to anchor lipstick, too). My point is, though, that I use it predominantly only on/around eyes, as I don't like to powder over my base (I prefer to blot away T-zone oil instead). And for my purposes, it performs quite well. The coverage is good enough that I can dust it onto my eyelids and get away without putting a coloured eyeshadow on top - it just gives me a decent neutral base. However, I find it quite a 'powdery' powder, so can't be too heavy-handed when picking some up onto my brush. It's a little heavier than I'd like under my eyes, though lasts quite well throughout the day. It's definitely a good option for those seeking coverage, rather than a sheer, 'invisible' powder - though, I think this makes it best suited to lighter skin tones, rather than a universal shade.
The packaging is pseudo-Benefit, which I can take or leave. Being cardboard book-style means it gets a little shabby when I tote it around with me, but the magnetic closure stays tight. So it was quite nice not carrying round a plastic-lidded product which I normally ended up cracking!
So, overall, a powder with decent oil-control properties, that didn't oxidise ,and was gentle and non-irritating even around the eye area. Just a bit 'powdery' for my liking, and not giving my skin the lightweight 'invisible' finish it promised to deliver. Therefore, I'd possibly repurchase, but it certainly wouldn't be my first choice!

Ingredients: BORON NITRIDE, CORN STARCH, POLYETHYLENE, SILICA, ISOEICOSANE, ZINC STEARATE, PTFE, STYRENE/DVB CROSSPOLYMER, POLYISOBUTENE, DIMETHYLIMIDAZOLIDINONE RICE STARCH, COTTON POWDER, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE. MAY CONTAIN MICQ, CI 77491, CI77492, CI77499

on 4/5/2013 6:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is a good solid powder. I feel it's a little more substantive, less chalky and smoother than its reliable alternative, MAC Blot. Better coverage if that's what you're seeking, though I don't know that it would work for all skin tones as promised. But I am very pale and it does for me. I wouldn't mind if it were SLIGHTLY yellower (still looking for an alternative to Revlon New Compexion Even Out, my discontinued holy grail!). But I've been using it daily, so that says something, and will probably repurchase. The packaging while nicely light and portable is a little too cutesy for my taste and though this sounds prudish I don't like having to explain to my kids what a "sexy mama" is....;) Nor does it make sense to me that a basic powder would be called that...marketing is indeed mysterious!

Recommended for Normal Skin