August 1, 2014 | 1754 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Capture Totale Liquid Foundation SPF15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by 6824emma

Nice anti ageing foundation, gives good coverage but as im in my 30's i found the intense moisturising properties alittle too rich for my skin.

However for older dehydrated skin it would work really well and the anti ageing capture totale in built properties will improve skin as you wear the makeup. Medium to full coverage with a nice glow, would recommend using a foundation brush to apply given that the texture is rather rich. Colours tend to come up a tad dark so normally i would be 020, i went down to a 010 as the 020 was alittle too warm.

Good product, good quality, not a bad buy for those looking for anti ageing boosting properties and a good nice coverage. Personally for my skin I prefer the Chanel Lumiere Lift just over the Dior as its not as rich, but again thats just my skin. Good price for the quality, as compared to Sisleys new foundation or YSL Temps Majeur etc

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2011 9:02:00 AM More reviews by halve_moon

It doesn't give as much staying power on my combination skin... my skin starts to get oily within the hour and I have to blot a lot. It does give a nice finish right after you put it on, though. I have a feeling it's only the formula that wasn't suitable for my skin. Am giving it to my mom who has dry mature skin and she seems to like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by svprior

Amazing. I was not sure about spending such a lot of money on a foundation - but after researching and reading reviews all over the web, I got the courage. I was not disappointed. I found my perfect colour (Cameo 22) and there's a good range of shades for everyone. It's very blendable with good coverage. Initially, I was wondering what the fuss was about - it was a nice foundation, but not spectacular ... then after about 5 minutes, I started to glow, after 10-15 minutes I was glowing and my skin was dewy. Gorgeous! Due to the scary price, I intend to keep this for my special events/nights out - the rest of the time I use Estee Lauder Double Wear (in Pale Almond) which I love a lot :0)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by whatisaspacebar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Dita Von Teese tweeted that she uses this foundation and I can see why. What sold me on CT was the dewy, or subtly glowing look it gives my skin. I have very sensitive skin and have had no problems with this makeup- in fact it feels lovely on. CT is definitely for those with dry- NOT oily skin. I still apply a bit of moisturiser to my skin before using it. I also like the fact it isn't a heavy liquid and allows me to control and build coverage. That said, I do still add concealer over any blemishes or red spots. For reference, I have very pale skin (dry and often dull looking, with a few sun spots on my cheeks and very fine lines near my eyes) and use CT shade 010.

I find that sparingly brushing MAC mineralize skinfinish powder (another product Dita Von Teese uses) over the top works beautifully with CT (I use MAC msf powder in "light").

As mentioned, it's pricey ($140 AUS a bottle), so I recommend trying it at the Christian Dior counter first (your entire face, not a dab on the chin) before shelling out the money, just to make sure it's right for you. I hate how expensive it is, but it looks so good on (and feels good too), I'm definitely buying it again. People at work often compliment me on my "nice skin" and I say to them it's actually my "nice foundation". For the time being CT is my HG foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Anetteee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this foundation for a year. Didn't switch to another because it was so expensive. I love that it has SPF 15 and I used it everyday without breaking out. It coveres my acnescarred skin very well, but it's negative that I had to reapply the foundation during the day for the coverage I need. If you don't have ALOT of scars or acne, BY IT!! It would be amazing for your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 8:12:00 AM More reviews by youngtempest

This has got to be one of the most high quality foundations I have ever used!

PROS that I had using this foudation:
- Very blendable: I tend to use my fingers with this as I feel like it helps melt the product into my skin, if you are correctly colour matched, I would say it'd be hard to make a mistake when blending with this product
- Natural finish: I think the biggest difference I see when using this is how it helps conceal my pores, it does a great job doing that. The finish is satin-like and not overly glowly but still natural.
- Long wearing: I have combination skin and this foundation latest well on my cheeks which is where I have normal-dry skin but on my t-zone after a full day of wearing it, there was shine which is to be expected if you have oily skin. So, good if you have normal to dry skin, I'd still recommend this to someone with oily skin but you will probably still have to do a touch up after a while. Just depends on your skin really.
- Coverage: this has medium coverage which suited me well but if you have heavy scaring or active blemishes, this might not be enough if you're hoping to get an absolutely flawless finish.
- Generaly Quality: packaging was luxurious as always from Christian Dior and is sturdy. Quite bulky but durable.

CON:
The price! Extremely expensive. But if you're willing to invest in a high quality foundation then go for it. My advice is to see if you can get your hands on a sample first before committing.

There is no strong scents in this product. This is really one of my 'special' foundations so I don't like using it often as it is very pricey but when I'm in the mood and I need coverage fast I will just use this with my fingers- pretty much mistake proof when it comes to the blending.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by BlondySofia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been searching for the perfect foundation for months and finally I found this wonderful product. My sensitive tender porcelain skin was in need for a foundation not only perfectly matching my skin tone (I am using the lightest shade, and it looks divine on my fair skin) but also the foundation which nourishes the skin, provides it with moisture (while not making the T-Zone shiny) & giving my skin glow from inside. I found everything I wanted in this luxury product. Yes, it is somewhat pricey, but it costs every penny. I feel so beautiful & special putting it on my face in the morning, I love the way it feels on my skin, the way it glows, the way it smooths every little line & perfects every little skin imperfection... I am just in love with it. I am not sure if it can be recommended to girls with oily skin, but I believe it will be perfect for girls with normal to dry, and combination to dry skin.
As a comparison, I was using La Rosche foundation before I tried this amazing CD product, well... I must say La Rosche product feels like it has sand inside & the texture is very unpleasant in comparison to this wonderful thing. I threw La Rosche in the garbage... and I am enjoying this new product for about 2 weeks now, and I can not be happier :)))

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by simonetrue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I had considered buying Chanel Vitalumiere after I had been using the sample for a few days. But I found that after a few hours, it made my face shiny and I don't have oily skin. I chanced upon the Dior counter and the wonderful Dominik helped me match my shade. It's clever in that each colour shade also has a corresponding undertone. I was matched to 033 which is a warm beige colour but with peachy undertones. For reference, I am 50 Natural in Vitalumiere, Shade F in Stila, Beige Sienne in Vitalumiere Aqua.

I LOVE this foundation. You need a tiny amount to just even out the skin and it lasted all day and left my skin glowing not shiny. I set it with a small amount of the Totale powder which is the nicest powder I've ever used.

This foundation is very expensive but to be honest I have wasted so much time and money on my quest for the perfect foundation, that the price was worth coming to the end of that search and being so so happy when I look in the mirror after I have applied this and also hours later. Dior might be my new Chanel so shall be going back to look at other products.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by mackiesmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Been on a mission to find my HG - this is just ok for me. I like how it feels going on, but it settles into my lines. I'm not that old (early 30's), but I have super DRY skin. I feels like Armani's Luminous Silk going on, but once it dries, it's not the best, at least in the colder months for me. I prefer MAC's Studio Sculpt becuase it's a thicker gel consistency. I'll have to give this another chance in the summer.
For reference, I an NC37 and use this is Medium Beige 30, Asian, super dry skin, no blemishes/skin issues.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2010 5:23:00 AM More reviews by ChocoCoco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hey guys, just got my CD foundation. Ordered it online. However, would like to know how to read the expiry date. anyone knows??? it is 0X03. Thanks!