Dior Capture Totale Liquid Foundation SPF15

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 3.16%, Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 3.00% Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyldimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cylcohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Diphenyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Talc, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Silica, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Tetrasodium Edta, Parfum, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyacrylate-5, Aluminium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Tocopheyl Acetate, Limonene, Calcium Pantetheine Sulfonate, Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Sorbitol, Bht, Carbomer, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Aframomum Angustifolium Seed Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Root Extract, Kluyveromyces Extract, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, Potentolla Erecta Root Extract, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Faex (Yeast Extract), Algin, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Polysorbate 20, Cellulose Gum, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Citronellol, Geraniol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Sodium Metabisulfate, Mica, Ci 77891 (Titnium Dioxide), Ci 77492-Ci 77491-Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 3/31/2012 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been wearing this foundation for a little over a week now. It is expensive. I went to Macy's to look for a foundation. I feel like the Nordstrom at Arden Fair Mall just tries to sell me expensive products to make a commission and not actually products that look good on my skin. Anyway, my skin has been super dry from using Peter Thomas Roth's Fusion PM. I love that stuff, but it is just tight because I've been using it too much. I can wear 020 in this foundation. My face is darker than my neck, and it matches pretty good, but you have to apply it correctly or it will look like a disgusting, shiny mask. If you use 2 pumps of this stuff and apply it, it looks shiny and really orange. Yuck! There was a Dior makeup artist, and she advised me to just use one pump or it would look like a mask. It really does cover the whole face with one pump on a foundation brush. You have to moisturize well for the one pump to work properly. This has a luminous quality to it, which does give a little bit of a glow. It is a light to medium coverage. It's worth a try for dryer skin that is older. It doesn't settle into fine lines. I like it well enough. It isn't a miracle product, but it is pretty good. And, it doesn't break me out, so that is a big bonus.

on 3/3/2012 11:52:00 PM

First I discovered Nude and loved it. Then I came across the new Forever and thought wow! I finally tried Capture Totale, which I had been wanting to try for a couple years, but kept getting told that it was for "mature skin." I first tried it at the Dior counter with the Diorskin loose mineral powder and thought it looked pretty good but couldn't tell b/c of the Nordstrom lighting. Then when I got home and looked at my face, I was in complete awe (and believe me, I've tried liquid/cream foundations from almost every line)! My face looked so absolutely radiant and angelic that I couldn't stop looking at myself! I've been applying this with the Sephora #56 Airbrush. I use about a full pump and a half for my entire face, and I use the shade 020 Beige Clair, which has a brightening effect on my fair-medium skintone. Having now tried Nude, Forever, and CT, I have to say that CT surprisingly holds up the best out of the 3. Four to five hours later, my face still looks radiant and dewy (not greasy). No foundation has ever made my face look THIS radiant and beautiful. CT is very moisturizing, but not too much to the point where you're going to look oily. My laugh lines are actually pretty deep so every foundation settles in those, including CT. I think a light finishing powder, like the Diorskin loose powder is perfect to top it off, adding to the radiance CT provides. Anything thicker (full coverage powders) would make the overall appearance "cakey" imo. This is a heaping $80 but completely worth it in my opinion. I shared my concerns with the Dior SA that I was scared this foundation would make me break out because it was designed for mature skin. On the contrary, she told me that many young people wear this and are in love with it (including a MAC SA right next to the Dior counter). So, my love for Diorskin Forever has been replaced by CT. If you can afford this, no matter the age, please at least try a sample! I will update if it promotes any breakouts/irritation.

**UPDATE---had to remove 2 lippies b/c this did make me break out ultimately, so it's going back to Nordy's. If you have sensitive skin, stay away from the Capture Totale serums!

on 2/27/2012 1:31:00 PM

UPDATE: I've taken off a lippie because after wearing this for a few days I realized that it oxidized horribly on my skin, going several shades darker and turning a little orange. Yuk.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I bought this because I wanted a foundation that helped blend away my freckles and sun damage, but didn't look like I was wearing foundation. It absolutely delivers. I was a bit frightened after being matched at the Christian Dior counter because the MA threw on about 5 coats and it was very obvious and quite heavy-feeling. However, I knew that I wouldn't use that much and thought it was worth a try.

My first time applying it on my own, I used one pump, spread with my fingers and then blended with a foundation brush. When I looked in the mirror, I had a beautiful even complexion. When I looked close-up in the mirror, I couldn't even see any foundation. It was as if it had completely melted into my skin.

I only gave this 4 lippies because it is exorbitantly expensive and the color range could use serious improvement. I'm quite pale and I have the 010, which is the lightest color. If my freckles fade any more, this foundation would be too dark for me. I know if I was to put it on my daughter's skin (my coloring, but no freckles due to me being nuts about sunscreen) it would be far too dark.

on 2/20/2012 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

NC25, dry and sensitive Asian skin. Using this in 021 Linen.
Pros: medium to full coverage, nice satin finish, moisturizing
Cons: the color somehow is a tad grey on my face, esp. compared to Dior Sculpt 021.
I personally like Sculpt more than this: more coverage and better color. Sculpt has a much thicker texture, but blends well with a beautyblender.

on 2/11/2012 12:41:00 AM

Capture Totale and Armani Luminous Silk are tied for first as my favorite foundations of all time. I find that despite the fact that it is much more coverage than i typically want or need, it has an incredibly natural and luxurious finish that I love. I can't say that the serum in it does anything more than make this incredibly smooth and easy to blend. The slightly dewy finish feels moisturizing and looks fantastic.

While everyone's skin is different and, of course, different skin care products can alter the way any foundation blends and wears, I have found that this foundation blends best when I: First stipple the product on with a MAC 187 or similar brush (I like to only use minimal product ). Once the foundation is even, I gently blend away from the center of the face with my fingers and then use my fingers to press the foundation into my skin. I find that the warmth of my hands really makes it melt into my skin and creates the most beautiful, natural, lit-from-within effect.

Since my skin is very dry so I typically don't worry about foundations wearing off over the day. If anything, pigment can settle into dry patches and fine lines after a few hours of wear. With Capture Totale, I don't notice the coverage fading or it settling into dry spots. If it weren't for the price, I would say it was the perfect product!!

on 1/24/2012 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Loved this product. It is very luxurious, radiant and has just the right amount of moisture to make my skin flawless. I have beautiful skin witht the help of CD skincare line. This foundation is good for SLIGHTLY oily skin. Will purchase again. Love it and worth every beautiful penny.

on 12/9/2011 4:39:00 PM

Nice anti ageing foundation, gives good coverage but as im in my 30's i found the intense moisturising properties alittle too rich for my skin.

However for older dehydrated skin it would work really well and the anti ageing capture totale in built properties will improve skin as you wear the makeup. Medium to full coverage with a nice glow, would recommend using a foundation brush to apply given that the texture is rather rich. Colours tend to come up a tad dark so normally i would be 020, i went down to a 010 as the 020 was alittle too warm.

Good product, good quality, not a bad buy for those looking for anti ageing boosting properties and a good nice coverage. Personally for my skin I prefer the Chanel Lumiere Lift just over the Dior as its not as rich, but again thats just my skin. Good price for the quality, as compared to Sisleys new foundation or YSL Temps Majeur etc

on 12/6/2011 9:02:00 AM

It doesn't give as much staying power on my combination skin... my skin starts to get oily within the hour and I have to blot a lot. It does give a nice finish right after you put it on, though. I have a feeling it's only the formula that wasn't suitable for my skin. Am giving it to my mom who has dry mature skin and she seems to like it.

on 8/27/2011 11:38:00 AM

Amazing. I was not sure about spending such a lot of money on a foundation - but after researching and reading reviews all over the web, I got the courage. I was not disappointed. I found my perfect colour (Cameo 22) and there's a good range of shades for everyone. It's very blendable with good coverage. Initially, I was wondering what the fuss was about - it was a nice foundation, but not spectacular ... then after about 5 minutes, I started to glow, after 10-15 minutes I was glowing and my skin was dewy. Gorgeous! Due to the scary price, I intend to keep this for my special events/nights out - the rest of the time I use Estee Lauder Double Wear (in Pale Almond) which I love a lot :0)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Dita Von Teese tweeted that she uses this foundation and I can see why. What sold me on CT was the dewy, or subtly glowing look it gives my skin. I have very sensitive skin and have had no problems with this makeup- in fact it feels lovely on. CT is definitely for those with dry- NOT oily skin. I still apply a bit of moisturiser to my skin before using it. I also like the fact it isn't a heavy liquid and allows me to control and build coverage. That said, I do still add concealer over any blemishes or red spots. For reference, I have very pale skin (dry and often dull looking, with a few sun spots on my cheeks and very fine lines near my eyes) and use CT shade 010.

I find that sparingly brushing MAC mineralize skinfinish powder (another product Dita Von Teese uses) over the top works beautifully with CT (I use MAC msf powder in "light").

As mentioned, it's pricey ($140 AUS a bottle), so I recommend trying it at the Christian Dior counter first (your entire face, not a dab on the chin) before shelling out the money, just to make sure it's right for you. I hate how expensive it is, but it looks so good on (and feels good too), I'm definitely buying it again. People at work often compliment me on my "nice skin" and I say to them it's actually my "nice foundation". For the time being CT is my HG foundation.