July 22, 2014 | 2498 users online

Toners - Green Tea tea-bag toner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by indiebaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like many others, I drink a lot of green tea.

Every once and a while I'll put it on my skin. Particularly when my skin is pretty bad, aggravated, sore.... I find green tea really helps to soothe my skin greatly

After making a cup of tea and letting it steep , a take a small bowl and put the green tea bag in it. I squeeze out the liquid which for me is golden, slightly green in color. I just use the tea bag on my face, dipping occasionally in the extra tea. I don't break open the bag or anything. Just dab the tea on with the teabag. I do not rinse.

I use organic BignLow green tea. Just the brand/flavor I like. Huge boxes can be found at places like BJs.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I personally use Lipton Green Tea teabags (caffeinated) and steep them in an 8 oz glass of water for about 3-5 minutes. After steeping i simply apply pat the tea bag on my face and make sure it coats all troublesome areas (forehead, cheeks, chin). A box of tea bags costs around $2-$3 dollars and is a great substitute for a salicylic/witch hazel toner.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by birdyb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a regular green tea drinker, especially in the summer when we drink almost a gallon of it every day, iced.
I've been reading reviews for a few days and tried spent bags as under-eye compresses this afternoon. Amazing for reducing under eye bags and puffiness.
I have had problems with my eyes ever since a friend died tragically this fall. My stress level has been through the roof, coupled with my grief and the cold weather- I look pretty rough: baggy eyes, dull dry skin. I've tried several eye creams/depuffers and they haven't worked. 7 minutes of cooled green tea bags under each eye and it's amazing how the bags have deflated. I have some cooled tea and bought some reusable cotton pads to use as a compress every morning. I'm so excited- the prospect of spending the rest of my 30s and beyond looking this haggard wasn't very nice.

The price is fantastic, too! $3 something for 100 bags of tea that I'll use anyway. I'm sold!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I consider myself pretty objective in my analysis of products- natural or not, and price has no sway on my judgment.
I have concocted the most delightful skin potion, however.
I logically conclude that the concentration of freshly brewed green tea has more beneficial/antioxidant properties than something that's been processed and diluted and indefinitely sitting on a shelf somewhere... consumables don't get any better after packaging.
So basically I brew a couple ounces of VERY strong organic green tea, let cool, add a little bit of royal jelly with honey, a couple drops of tea tree oil (tea tree oil stinks- if it didn't work I wouldn't use it...Smell dissipates however), a drop or two of lavender essential oil in a small glass bottle and keep in fridge. Feel free to adjust ingredients as necessary. Use as a toner. This particular formula gently tightens my skin and keeps my pores clear.
If I find something that works better for any price, I'll buy it but so far, no luck. I demand results and in some cases buying watered down junk on the shelf doesn't do it for me.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by mirrkat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

What works for many, doesn't always for you. I wanted this to work, but it just tightened and irritated my skin from the moment I applied it. It was worth a try. Though I am not quite sure I see the point in toners anyway. I don't really have luck with them.

EDIT: I bumped it up to 3 stars. I tried the freeze method and it did irritate my face a little, not as much as when it was hot (I believe because my skin is already dry, the heat made it worse) But because it still irritated me, even if it was just a little, I won't continue to use it on my face. I will use it for my eyes as it helped a great deal with puffiness and waking up. So Kudos for the eyes, not so great for my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Sam3215

I read that if a product makes your skin feel tight, that causes aging. After the tea drys on my face, it feels very tight! Could my skin be too dry for this tea toner?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by beachsexybronze

Another miracle product!! Green tea is sooo good for puffiness, good health, antioxidents (which is the one of the #1 issues with sagging skin besides the sun and other things), etc. I use these all the time, as a face toner, de-puffer, and drink it!

I usually take about 2 tea bags of pure green tea, and boil water, and let them sit for about 3-4 min, then squeeze just a little water out and put them over my eyes, or just simply "wipe" around my face, neck, eyes, nose, etc..even if there is water dripping,...let it..just hold a papertowel under so it doesn't stain/fall on your clothes. Let the tea water dry on its own over your face, and your face will feel much better and "awake"!

I also use coffee grinds mixed with facial wash and let it sit on my face for about 15 min before washing it off since it also has caffeine in it too. :) LOVE! Green tea is CHEAP, healthy, and beauti-fies!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 5:32:00 AM More reviews by chezzagaga

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i learned this trick from makeup artist..lisa eldridge.. i make the tea as normal using two teabags to make it strong. i then pour it into an icecube tray and freeze. i get out an icecube of green tea, wrap it it a gauze like material and gently dab around my eyes. you feel the tea come through the gauze as your dabbing. im being as honest as i can here. i have tried numerous amounts of eye creams and spent alot of money trying to keep my eyes looking normal. NOTHING has compared to this method. it works amazingly. and my eyes do not have dark circles anymore or puffiness like they had before. i do this before i go to sleep and even dab it all around my face. and i do it in the morning. the beauty of this method is, you dont have to lie down for ten minutes to do it..i walk around doing whatever i gotta do just dabbing the ice cube around my eyes. no lying there for ages with tea bags on the eyes. i highly recomened that people try this. best beauty tip i ever discovered. i just wanted to add incase people wonder how long to do this...i do it until the ice cube has melted. one ice cube for the both eyes is fine..just do a couple of mins on one eye then swap over..keep applying til ice gone. :)

21 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by winniewyli21

A great find on Makeup alley! I read a raving reviews about this natural way to treat my face and it has become an addition to my everyday face regimen.

After cleansing my face, I take the tea bag, put it into boiling water, and let it steep for a while. I wait until the tea bag cools and use it like a cotton pad. Then, I pat it around my face. I end off with sweeping the excess with a real cotton pad (so my face is not dripping everywhere) and add my moisturizer after. I have been doing this for about 3 weeks and it really helps reduce the redness and size of my zits.

Only caution, I tried the cheaper store brand versus the expensive twinings brands and found the store brand works a lot better. Go for organics and stay away from the expensive stuff where they add more "flavours" and additional plants that don't work well with your skin.

Drinking green tea is also a great anti-oxidant and helps your skin glow!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by elin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is awesome. I drink green tea everyday but I also use it on my face as a toner. It's the best toner I've ever used. I make some tea up and then once it's cooled I use a cotton ball to gently rub it on my face. I'll hold the soaked cotton ball over any blemishes for a little bit longer. As a result, my skin feels smoother and more moisturised and looks clearer and brighter. Pimples are reduced in size, probably due to the anti-inflammatory effect of the tea.

Sometimes I make up a combination of green tea and other herbal teas such as white tea or chamomile. I'd recommend making a fresh batch every couple of days as it can start to smell after a few days.

I also add green tea to yoghurt and then use it as a face mask. The green tea soothes my skin and also acts as an exfoliant.