April 18, 2014 | 917 users online

Loose Powders - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2008 3:14:00 PM More reviews by jhollyw00d

I have a few things to say about this product.

I bought it on a whim. I was in the store, searching for a loose powder to replace my Neutrogena loose powder, as I had recently changed over my skin cleansing routine to all natural, organic cleansers and it was working beautifully. I didn't want to mess up the wonderful balance that my skin was now in by throwing some stuff full of chemicals on top of my freshly clean skin. So I stood in CVS and scratched my chin, and finally found this packaging that was "natural looking," paused and read the ingredients, looked at the price and GASPED at first, and then tossed it into my little basket and skipped to the register with my find.

When I got it home, I was at first turned off by the double packaging (plastic container inside unnecessary cardboard box, creating more waste sitting in a landfill). Then I got to the container, placed it gingerly on the counter top, and took a step back. And then another. HOW WAS I TO GET MY HUGE, NATURAL POWDER BRUSH CRAMMED INTO THIS TINY LITTLE JAR?

Then I opened the jar, and was appalled. There was a little teeny goat hair brush on top, fastened firmly to a little flap that closed off the rest of the pot. I lifted the flap and had serious doubts.

Needless to say, it's messy to put on, as I have to shake the pot to get it to come to the surface, and then I have to shove my brush into the little pot, get about 1/2 square inch of powder on my brush, hope that a light breeze doesn't enter the room, and quickly swipe the brush across my face. The powder then flies up my nose, and, truth-be-told, does not have the most pleasant smell. I then attend the funeral of very many little powder particles daily.

HOWEVER, I have combination, acne-prone skin, and this product does not build up, does not show shine, does not clog my pores and stays on all day, unless I touch my face like a bad girl. The texture isn't the greatest, but I put a dab of foundation on if I'm having a bad skin day, or a little bit of moisturizer to give it a base to stick to, and then revel in my organic goodness.

If only they would change that packaging.............................

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 2:00:00 PM More reviews by ktu64

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well, I'm going to say that I did not like this! I thought that the organic wear line would be great, and ok, I guess it would be better if I could get a right shade. I thought beige would be dark enough (I bought a powder, blush and bronzer at costco for 22 dollars, no testers), but nope, this went on like chalk and smelled gross. Btw, this was the darkest shade there. The colour was way too pale and the brush is small dinky and not that great.

Its not 1 lippie because I know it would be great for fair people with sensitive skin, and acne-prone skn, but none of these go on dark enough for me (I'm asian and very suntanned).This does have good coverage for a powder, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2008 4:00:00 PM More reviews by PaperAlias

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Physician's Formula. They make lots of great cosmetic products that work well with sensitive / acne-prone skin. This powder is no different. It keeps me matte through most of the day and it doesn't feel heavy on my face or cause breakouts. The only thing I don't like about this product is the brush it comes with. It's small, and stiff. I'd recommend using a larger, softer brush for more even coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by chocolaterachel

my friend gave this to me and i'm glad she did, she liked it alot it was just too light for her so she gave it to me and its really good i like it alot, it covers well, its a lil light on me but its fine really. awesome powder

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by cattykitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had high hope for this product since PF advertises it as being so natural and contains no preservatives. However, this product really disappoints me. First, the powder has a very strong odor maybe due to no added fragrance. It's something foul that's tolerable but definitely unpleasant to linger around your nose. Secondly, the powder is a bit drying and cakey. It doesn't have that light feel. You could feel you are wearing a layer of something. This powder doesn't provide much coverage, and the lasting power is just all right. It did not irritate my acne prone skin. The shade selection is very limited, most are relatively light. I would not recommend this to anyone. Oh, did I mention the goat hair brush is absolutely un-usable?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by ksi218

I think this stuff is great! I have adult acne and a lot of other makeups made it worse. This stuff has actually helped to calm my skin. I like that it's organic so I know nothing synthetic is in it that could cause my skin to react. It goes on lightly and you can build up the coverage which is nice for those trouble spots. I like that it feels really light and not heavy or cakey. My skin can breath with it on. I really like the packaging. The mirror on the back is great but I only use it for doing my lips or mascara. I've been using the brush that comes with it and I like it. Some of the other reviews didn't seem to like the brush as much but I think it works well. I will definitely repurchase again. I'm very happy with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2008 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Borovichka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this powder! The fact that it is organic is very impressive (number one reason I picked it up). It gives very sheer coverage, so I use my Stila Tinted Moisturizer and canceller with it. It gives a very matte finish, and also total shine control. I hate the brush it comes with, it shades like crazy! But product overall is good for the money, I think even better than some high end mineral foundations! It also has this very weird smell, but nothing to major.
I will repurchase it again (I do not think I will have to, it is huge amount of product), I also will recommend it for people who tend to break out and have some very shiny and oily complexion, but it will not cover anything by itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2008 1:23:00 AM More reviews by meena818

Pros:

-Sets perfectly on foundation

-Love the brush, I use the brush for my foundation too!

its THAT good

- Great price

-Gentle on skin

its full of organics, no chemicals, so its perfect for acne prone skin

- my HG powder <33

Cons:

-hard time finding the right shade

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2008 11:50:00 AM More reviews by lillyntally

I actually like this one. A few years ago, I ordered Bare Minerals and did not like it. It was mostly because of the mess it made (and I ordered the wrong color). This is nice because you have a deep lid to shake the powder into. It looks nice and fresh plus it comes with a handy-dandy mirror on the back. Glad I bought this!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 8:56:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay so after using tons of mineral makeup and normal makeup, and my skin reacting to every single one of them, I finally thought "well maybe i should try organic and natural makeup since nothing suits my skin". So, I hopped off to SDM and got this as it also claims that it's for extra-sensitive skin and blemish-prone skin. It says it's 100% Talc free as well and no bismyth oxychloride etc. Let's just say that it doesn't have the greatest coverage but it is calming my already-hyper-reactive-damaged skin. It's not aggravating it which is a huge plus as I need to cover all the pimples that i've gotten from using all sorts of mmu lately (BE, CoverFX, etc). This makeup looks very natural (i have the Translument Medium colour (it is a little pinkish for my taste. I will try another colour when I do buy it again). For reference, I'm NC 25ish, M40 in PowderFX, asian with yellow undertones) and does cover some acne and acne scars but not all. I can't be too picky now kuz my first priority is to simply have an even toned skin while not making my acne worse. I find it quite pricey for a drugstore brand but I've spent more money on other mu that i'm willing to spend this $$ if it helps my skin. So let's see how long this makeup continues to be good to my skin. (Btw, I don't find this product has a smell to it like so many has complained about. Also, the coverage is even and smooth and not blotchy, which so many have complained about too.). EDIT: I wear this everyday and now that my skin is starting to clear up, this looks extremely natural and like I have nothing on. Totally awesome! Will definitely purchase this again! EDIT: Now that I've found EA Flawless Face Pressed Powder, I've stopped using this because 1) the colour of EA is much more compatible for my skitnone and 2) the texture and quality of the EA powder is much more finely milled and smooth.