Elizabeth Arden Intervene

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water/Aqua/Eau, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Mica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Silylate, Sorbitan Tristearate, PEG/PPG-8/18 Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Narcissus Tazetta Bulb Extract, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Laureth-4, Laureth-7, Steareth-20, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Fragrance/Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 1/6/2012 1:34:00 AM

I have to say that I am impressed with this product. I have it in soft porcelain, the lightest shade. The first thing I noticed was that the formula was quite thin for a foundation, let alone a matte one. Despite that, it went on wonderfully and gave me great coverage. My foundation routine used to include a liquid foundation and a powder to get the coverage and finish this gives me. The feel is ok, it feels fairly light on, but a bit heavy to the touch, which I quess is pretty normal for a matte foundation.

on 11/27/2011 3:39:00 AM

I got this for 20 bucks an it's originally 50 so I got such a good deal, the packaging is lovely and comes in a box and a really nice bottle :) I have this in soft porcelain, the lightest shade and I have to say this is my new HG, it's creamy and looks matte when you apply it, you don't even need powder! It light and doesn't feel cakey even though it's creamy. Definite re-purchase :)! 10/10

on 9/28/2011 10:33:00 AM

First thing I'm going to say is that the woman manning the counter matched my skin-tone VERY poorly. I ended up paying quite a bit for a foundation that is too dark for me. However, I'm keeping it because in the summer with a tan I think it will be the perfect match.

I use this specific foundation with L'Oreal Studio Secrets primer and my BB foundation brush, and it glides on. Its very blendable, and the thing I liked most about it is the ability to build up the coverage. Sometimes I want very light coverage, and sometimes (often) I really do need something a bit more 'there'. However the finish is quite matte on my skin, I'm absolutely in love with the dewy look, so I do tend to either mix a bit of High Beam in with it before applying, or highlight when I'm finished. I dont generally need to conceal too much after I've finished my base which is always a winner with me. This foundation doesnt clog my pores or make me breakout at all, but I dont generally have issue skin (unless using Dramatically Different Moisturiser Lotion!!!)
I just wish I'd had the correct shade to start with, and for me the finish it a bit too matte... But with a highlighter this is a excellent all-rounder foundation (:

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have only used this foundation for a few days, but I am impressed so far. As I have gotten closer to 40, my skin has become increasing oilier and my pores have become much more noticeable. For the past year or so, I have tried just about every foundation from Estee Lauder to Rimmel and everything in between with horrible results. This foundation is definitely the best so far.

When I first apply it, my skin looked airbrushed. My pores are barely noticeable. As the day wears on, my foundation looks less prefect, but still pretty good. Since my skin is so oily, I blot several times a day, which probably contributes to at least some of the wearing off of the foundation. Some reviews have found it to be drying, however, on my skin, that is not the case.

The coverage is pretty good and it is buildable. I mix a very small amount with my moisturizer to make my own tinted moisturizer and apply. Once the moisturizer has dried, then I apply about 1 to 2 pumps to cover my entire face.

If things change, I will update, but as of right now, this is definitely my new favorite foundation.

on 5/25/2011 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a beautiful, skin-perfecting foundation! To me, it performs like Armani or Chanel; it's undoubtedly high quality. Intervene lasts on my skin as long as MAC Pro-Longwear, but it doesn't have the flat, matte finish; and Intervene's finish is more flattering and contemporary looking on me. It adds some dimension, yet controls oil. It has a finish that gives a perfected, rather than natural look. Soft Beige is more "neutral" than "warm". I wish there were a couple more shades because Soft Beige is just a little too light, and not warm enough. It has such a beautiful finish on my skin I don't mind tweaking the shade by blending in a bit of other foundation and setting with bronzer or pigmented powder. If I do repurchase, I'll buy Soft Toast. (I'm NC35-37, C4). If you're looking for something to make pores disappear, you must try this foundation! This is what I use for an "airbrushed" look. It isn't as natural-looking as my favorite, Face & Body Makeup, but as long as I keep my other makeup light, it works very well.

on 3/24/2011 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I am so happy I tried this! It's my new HG. I have it in soft porcelain and it's perfect match for my fair skin. Very creamy, the application is very easy. I love this on my skin, because it's very light, no mask at all. No problem with my oily T-zone! The skin looks so flawless! I recommend to anyone, beucase it's not expensive and definitely worth trying! I will repurchase.

on 2/20/2011 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I randomly walked up to a make up counter and picked up this product and tested it out, IM SO FREAKIN HAPPY I PICKED IT UP. I think this foundation is perfect, it doesn't look like you have on foundation when you're wearing it. My skin feels so soft when I have it on and it looks great. I love it. (I'm soft tan) I will be buying this again, im giving my other foundations away lol

on 2/4/2011 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is no better than any drugstore foundation. The shades were way too dark for me, offered no coverage and didn't look natural at all. Before I bought this I was using L'oreal infallible foundation and immediately switched back to it when I finished it.

on 9/22/2010 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really don't like this foundation. I looks really good just after it's been put on, but it goes blotchy and uneven soon after application. It's not the most expensive foundation I've ever bought, but certainly not worth the price.

on 9/18/2010 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i have very oily sensitive pale skin and have tried lots of foundations but this gives me good coverage, does not feel too heavy and did not cause me to break out or rash when i washed it off. It is by far the best foundation i have found. if it had a bit more coverage then it would even better. until i find another foundation like this that gives more coverage, im sticking with elizabeth arden intervene!