April 20, 2014 | 1593 users online

Foundations - Elizabeth Arden - Intervene

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a beautiful, skin-perfecting foundation! To me, it performs like Armani or Chanel; it's undoubtedly high quality. Intervene lasts on my skin as long as MAC Pro-Longwear, but it doesn't have the flat, matte finish; and Intervene's finish is more flattering and contemporary looking on me. It adds some dimension, yet controls oil. It has a finish that gives a perfected, rather than natural look. Soft Beige is more "neutral" than "warm". I wish there were a couple more shades because Soft Beige is just a little too light, and not warm enough. It has such a beautiful finish on my skin I don't mind tweaking the shade by blending in a bit of other foundation and setting with bronzer or pigmented powder. If I do repurchase, I'll buy Soft Toast. (I'm NC35-37, C4). If you're looking for something to make pores disappear, you must try this foundation! This is what I use for an "airbrushed" look. It isn't as natural-looking as my favorite, Face & Body Makeup, but as long as I keep my other makeup light, it works very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 4:53:00 AM More reviews by Luciel86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I am so happy I tried this! It's my new HG. I have it in soft porcelain and it's perfect match for my fair skin. Very creamy, the application is very easy. I love this on my skin, because it's very light, no mask at all. No problem with my oily T-zone! The skin looks so flawless! I recommend to anyone, beucase it's not expensive and definitely worth trying! I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by jjoiner2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I randomly walked up to a make up counter and picked up this product and tested it out, IM SO FREAKIN HAPPY I PICKED IT UP. I think this foundation is perfect, it doesn't look like you have on foundation when you're wearing it. My skin feels so soft when I have it on and it looks great. I love it. (I'm soft tan) I will be buying this again, im giving my other foundations away lol

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2011 2:56:00 AM More reviews by uhlizubeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is no better than any drugstore foundation. The shades were way too dark for me, offered no coverage and didn't look natural at all. Before I bought this I was using L'oreal infallible foundation and immediately switched back to it when I finished it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Flunda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really don't like this foundation. I looks really good just after it's been put on, but it goes blotchy and uneven soon after application. It's not the most expensive foundation I've ever bought, but certainly not worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by tarha

i have very oily sensitive pale skin and have tried lots of foundations but this gives me good coverage, does not feel too heavy and did not cause me to break out or rash when i washed it off. It is by far the best foundation i have found. if it had a bit more coverage then it would even better. until i find another foundation like this that gives more coverage, im sticking with elizabeth arden intervene!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by XxLauRUNxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a freebie when i worked at Ulta in the color 02 Soft Shell, which just happened to match my winter pale skin perfectly. This is an over all great foundation... i'm a bit oily sometimes and this didn't emphasize that at all. It didn't dry me out either, it just stayed normal. Only thing i dont like is that I can feel it on my face, and it takes a lot to build it up. The only reason i wouldn't re-buy is because i wouldnt be able to afford it, i think its $38, but when you get it for free... hey now lol.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2010 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Anja89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

HG!!!! This is the best foundation I've ever tried. Great coverage, very light, it doesn't dry out my skin, doesn't emphasize dry patches, doesn't make my oily t-zone shiny, lasts all day. it's perfect.

edit: taking two lippies off because I realized it does make me oily and doesn't last very long

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by cfmarie79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I received a sample of this as a GWP in soft cameo which is WAY too dark for me so I didn't know what I was going to do with it. I decided that instead of throwing it out I would mix it with equal parts of my facial moisturizer and use it that way... well OMG boys and girls I couldn't believe it, flawless, oilfree perfection all day. Plus, because I cut it with moisturizer it totally worked for my skintone!

If you are having a good skin day and just need something to even and matte your face then make yourself a TM with this and you will be in love like me. I just set it with a translucent powder and voila! In fact, I am going to buy a full size in soft cameo because this is working so well for me. For the record, I mix it with Biore pore minimizing moisturizer with spf 15. I took one lippie off because of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by GG93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE IT!!!!
my HG foundation!!

I have extremely oily skin so I used A LOT of foundations that could handle my oiliness! The foundations i bought were quite cheap because i never believed in the more expensiv the better concept!
but a lovely pharmacist introduced me to this foundation and i have never looked back!
I found my EXACT match which is very rare because i have a yellow base.

FEW TIPS:
Use a foundation brush...dont use a sponge!! (sponge make s it look a bit cakey)
and definitely less is more...when i caked it on when i used it the first time (like i normally did with my old foundation) i realized that as hours went by, it looked a tiny bit streaky.

I def recommend this foundation!

DISCONTINUED MY COLOUR! :(