October 25, 2014 | 1896 users online

Skincare - Face - Sephora - Face Complexion Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this brush, I keep it in my shower and that's what I use when I'm in there to wash my face. I know another reviewer mentioned it will "spray" the face wash and water all over...which is true and why I only keep it in the shower. To me the bristles are just fine as far as softness, I think they are rough enough to exfoliate good but not sooo rough you feel like you are scrubbing skin off. I'd say you get more than what you pay for with this brush...I usually buy a new one after couple of months because the bristles do start to fray. But for 5 dollars this is great because there is NO WAY I will drop the $$ for a clarisonic. Great brush, no regrets, will continue to repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by anneh08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

i was excited to get this ( i got this before i got hte clarisonic, just two weeks ago) this was ok at first i didn tknow how soft the bristles shoudl be! but like..THIS WAS SO ROUGH..NOT SOFT AT ALL. opposite o the clarisonic. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GET THE CLARISONIC INSTEAD IT IS FLIPPING AMAZING.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by starapples

Like many others, I've been dying to try out a Clarisonic, but since it's so damn expensive I bought this to try in the meantime. I was really skeptical at first since when I went up to pay for it, the sales associate at Sephora gushed hardcore that it worked just as well as her Clarisonic. For $5, I bought it with a grain of salt and tried it out that night. WOW. Guys, this actually works!! My complexion really is clearer and brighter! The bristles are so gentle and soft; it never feels scratchy against my face. It's much gentler than any exfoliating scrub I've ever used and works so much better as it's abrasive enough to get the job done but it's never irritating or painful. Since I have dry skin, exfoliating is important to my skin care to keep me from looking dull and clogged pores/acne at bay. I use this brush day and night with my cleanser and have not had to use a weekly exfoliating scrub. My skin is brighter, clearer, and smoother. My only complaint is that it sprays onto my mirror, and like other reviews below, I wish the bristles were a bit shorter for better control. But aside from that, I'm so shocked this dinky little brush works as well as it does! If this brush is amazing, I feel like I'll go completely berserk when I finally get my hands on a Clarisonic...!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Two lippies for price and that's it. WAY too harsh on my face. Also, everytime I used it, it would spray the cleanser all over the place especially on my mirror. Annoying. Got what I paid for!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by benette

I hate to say it, but I think this is a case of getting what you pay for. When I took this little brush out of the box I was pleasantly surprised to find that the bristles were soft. Unfortunately, they're not soft enough. Once wet, they sort of clump together and get a bit stabby/scratchy. At first it felt ok, but soon it hurt, and my sensitive cheeks (rosacea, yay) were on fire. Also, some of the bristles are splayed and I've only used it the one time. I don't think it would keep its shape for long.
If your skin is not as sensitive as mine I suppose it's worth a shot, especially if you're trying to kill your desire to try the Clarisonic since it's only $5. For me, I am surprised to find that I like the Sephora Pore Cleansing Pad much, much more. I thought I'd hate that and love the brush, but it's the other way around for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by twiceasmnystars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe how well this brush works! I can't really attest to it's long term benefits, as I've only used it once so far. But even after one use I really notice a difference in the texture of my skin! It's smoother, softer, and my dry patches on my chin have dimished. I hope it continues to work well and hopefully helps get rid of my acne!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by anjel_kisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up on a whim today after seeing my roommate use this a long time ago. I've been breaking out lately for unknown reasons so I thought maybe this would be a better way to really clean my face without costing an arm and a leg for a Clarisonic (although I definitely would if I had the money). I just washed my face with this using my St. Ives Green Tea Cleanser and I immediately noticed a difference in the mirror. My face pores almost seemed to diminish and my skin looked really bright and clean. I agree with the other reviewers in that the bristles are a bit longer than I'd like, making it hard to reach around the nose area. Also it was a bit rougher than I'd thought it would be. Initially I rubbed the tester against my hand in the store and thought they might be too soft and ineffective for my face but that was definitely not the case. With that said, I have to use a lighter hand. I'll continue to use this and update on the long term effects but so far I'm loving it.

EDIT - Day 3: My face looks amazing. Pimples decreasing in size, skin looks visibly more even and clear, looks and feels so smooth and supple! I'm sold.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this daily (morning) for over a month now and I really like it. The brush size is good, but hard to get to areas around your nose. The bristles are equally soft, stiff and flexible, your able to do a good scrubbing without it be harsh for your skin.

The brush comes with a plastic cap that's about useless since it doesn't really stay on. I do plan to purchase one more for my travel bag, and replacements as needed.

UPDATE (01/01/2011) I use this at night now with my cleasner. I was worried in the beginning of scrubbing the makeup into my pores, but that not an issue. Still happy with it.

UPDATE (03/06/2011) I've since switched to Muslin Wash clothes and I'm not looking back. They are much gentler but great for cleaning, the facial brushes are nice but just to abrasive (and messy) for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by jmotluck

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I was a teenager, complexion brushes were very popular. Then overnight they disappeared as they were bad for your skin - hands were the way to go. Then Oprah got everyone hyped up on Clarisonic. Well, I'm not going to spend that kind of money on a beauty tool. Thank goodness I don't have to. This little brush works great. My skin is clean, clear and smooth. The handle makes it easy to use with any type of cleanser. You will get more mileage from your cleanser using this brush, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by broadway0rbust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am jonesing bad for a Clarisonic, but don't know that I can justify paying that much money for it - especially if it may irritate my skin! So, as a cheap alternative, I decided to pick this up and use it to see how my face would take it.

I love it! My skin doesn't have rough, dry patches anymore, the pores on my nose are a lot smaller (I find that I don't have to extract as man black heads anymore, and when I do, it's not as often as before), and my skin feels so much nicer.

Like another reviewer, I do wish that the bristles were a bit shorter. That would help with control around my nose area. Other than that, I love this tool... but of course, it just makes me want to try the Clarisonic now! ;-)