July 31, 2014 | 2016 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot - Quite Natural

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by carlafd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this paintpot! At first, it is a very versatile product, as you can use it in your eyebrows (I am blonde) and it looks the most natural finish and lasts all day.
You can also use it as base (like painterly), and it will darken your eyeshadows in a really beautiful natural way.
I also wear it in the crease, using painterly as a base, and then with a 217 just swipe this colour in your crease, and the result is a natural, beautiful finish.
I definately will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by jjay7381

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been desperate to move away from shimmer eyeshadow but still make my brown eyes pop. This stuff is freaking amazing.

For daytime I put Quite Natural on my lids, blend some MAC Soft Brown eyeshadow into my crease, slap on some mascara. Looks so soft and beautiful!

For nighttime I do the same thing except I add thick black eyeliner on top and blend it up to make a really classy smokey eye. So easy!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 2:52:00 AM More reviews by 90sbaby4eva23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm Mac matchmaster 8.5 with a undertones neither too warm or cool. This paint pot is one of my holy grails it's a VERY COOL matte muddy medium brown with a slight hint of gray taupe undertones. I use this everyday in the crease as a base for my natural skin toned transition colors which are combos of Macís saddle/brown script or texture/brown script (used interchangeably). Since Macís saddle, texture & brown script eye shadows don't show up on my bare pigmented lids quite natural pp makes them show up giving the shadows something to stick to. It gives my crease a flawless airbrush look of natural skin playing a crucial part in blending shadows on the crease making a smooth transition. This is also a good base from crease to lid for NATURAL/NEUTRAL eye looks ONLY. I love this product don't recommend it as a base on the mobile lid underneath bright/dark/vibrant colorful shadows cause it DULLS them down significantly painterly, soft ochre or white-ish base is best for making bright/dark/bold/vibrant shadows pop. None of Mac paint pots crease or fade on me except for constructivist. If you are a deep dark skinned WOC this is a MUST have staple item thatís recognized.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 4:39:00 AM More reviews by princessa00

I have used this as a base, but I find it makes any brown shadow ashy and unfortunately it didn't work out for a smoky eye as i like warmer bases :(

the amazing purpose it has served has been to shape my brows, as many have already mentioned it is good for. my eyebrows are in good shape but the tails ends never quite recovered from the years of abuse, so i draw the ends in with this paint pot and they are set for the rest of the day.
i've gone swimming in the ocean, and my eyebrows were still there when i got home! strangely enough, they always seem to fade a little on the side of my face that my bangs fall on. but the formula does amazingly well.

the last half of my pot has dried up at this point, but i usually keep the pot uncapped throughout the 20 minutes it takes me to get my brows perfect. i might try mixing in some water, since this has worked with my fluidline.

great for brows, didnt like it as a base.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by UHMANDUH9

i love this pp for when im doing a dark smoky eye! its even amazing for the lower lash line :) love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by kristiannarj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Interesting product, this is the first paint pot i purchased!
the color looks quite different on, than when in the jar, but overall i was quite pleased.

I have heard so many people rave about the MAC paint pots, so i decided to try one.

Overall, quite nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the color of Quite Natural. It's a true brown shade that looks great on anyone! It's great used alone or as a base. It made my shimmery brown shadows pop! I didn't need any primer anymore. Yes, it is slightly on the dry side, but it didn't bother me at all. I swivel my finger in circles just to make it melt a bit (with the warmth of my hand), and apply! This is just amazing! One of my must haves from now on!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by princessglam

This is going back to mac! Im nc35 with yellow undertones. I usually do neutral make up so i tried this paint pot. It is soooo dry i cnt even blend it! I always had to tug my eye to blend and its like im racing with time to blend it before it dries. Yes, matte make ups are usually dry but i own the painterly one which is also matte but it wasnt as dry as this. And also the color looks muddy. It deserves at least 1 lippie for staying power tho. Mac pint pots stay well! I have indianwood, painterly and bare study! And theyre way creamier than this particular color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by mischa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I went to the MAC counter in search of all the products they used on Quorra in Tron Legacy to achieve the monochromatic look they did in the film, and apparently, this paint pot (along with Bare Study) was one of the paint pots used. (For those who are curious, they also apparently used a kohl black liner smoked out, as well as a black gel liner to achieve the look.... and for the face, they used Strobe Liquid under foundation... still experimenting with it.)

What I discovered was that without the super heavy black/smoked out liner like they did in the film, Quite Natural has turned out to be my H/G for creating a basic but beautiful daytime neutral eye look. It blends easily, and doesn't crease or get weird throughout the day. In fact, I was surprised to see that after 10 hours, it still looked just about like what it looked like when I put it on that morning. Admittedly, I'm not sure if it was this alone, or the fact that I had a MAC Paint (in Bare Canvas) on (in place of a dedicated eye primer). Either way, this has become a staple in my morning routine... I just change out the eyeliner color to suit my mood and add a coat of mascara and I'm out the door.

I used to avoid MAC products because the MUAs working at the counters didn't seem particularly approachable, and their makeup seemed "loud," but after trying their eye makeup, I'm hooked. And, as an added bonus, they're cheaper than Armani/Nars/Chanel/Dior, too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2010 9:17:00 AM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I never actually saw this product until I went to the CCO and it totally caught my eye!!! I am in love with this PP I mean you just put it on and ur good to go no need for eyeshadow or anything! LOVE ITTTT..I think is by far my favorite in my collection! this is a real MUST have! =)
LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this to fill in my eyebrows!