MAC Paint Pot - Quite Natural

4.5

on 12/28/2011 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

As a cream eyeshadow or a primer, I'd give this product two lippies. It's been my least used paint pot due to it's texture. This goes on patchy and uneven, it fades quicker than my other paint pots and is generally disappointing. I was ready to write it off until I read about people using it on their brows. I was intrigued and decided to give it a try. I haven't wanted too use anything else on my brows since. It goes on easily, blends to look natural, lasts ALL day without fading or moving. Who would have thought? The only reason I deduct a lippie from using it this way is that it is a pretty warm brown on my skin but it still looks natural enough I can get away with it.

on 12/12/2011 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm someone who usually doesn't like to wear eyeshadow, but I really like this product. This is my first MAC PP and I do plan on getting more. For reference, I have oily, hooded eyelids (I know... a perfect recipe for creasing!). Initially, I wanted a long-lasting cream shadow to create nice warm smokey brown eyes.

I bought this on the MAC website for $17.50 (excluding tax) with free shipping. It comes in a little glass jar with a black screw-top lid. The color looks like a matte medium chocolate brown. No sheen, no glitter, nothing. No smell either. First time using it, I applied it with my fingertips. The formula was a bit drier than I expected, and it was a little tough to blend. Most of the product would end up staying on my fingertips, and once it dries, it doesn't budge. I also noticed some of it would "bunch" and collect into little dry bits (it almost looked like dirt). But I wasn't ready to give up yet; I knew it was going to take some experimentation to get this to work right for me.

So I decided to find a brush to use this with, and now it goes on and blends SO MUCH MORE EASILY! (I use the ELF Studio Angled Contour Brush). It applies so beautifully, and much more quickly now. I get that lovely smokey brown effect that I wanted. I just apply this all over the upper and lower lid, add mascara, and I'm good to go.

First time I used this, I didn't use a primer, just to see how it would hold up, and it did crease pretty badly by the end of the day (as I said, I have oily, hooded lids). But with a primer, it lasted much longer. Doesn't bleed, or slide around, or fade. Doesn't feel greasy. And I love how it doesn't feel like I have anything on my eyes at all. Very nice formula.

It's a nice versatile brown color. You can use it as a shadow, brow color, and eyeliner. A bit expensive, yes, but when I run out, I'll replace it in a heartbeat.

If you find that it doesn't apply smoothly or looks blotchy at first, I definitely recommend trying out different brushes and experimenting with application. It can be a tricky product, but I still recommend it.

on 11/27/2011 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this PP! I've been on a natural colors kick lately and I purchased Blackground and Quite Natural to use them as liners to define my eyes. I used to always use black liner, but I wanted to try new colors and since then, I haven't touched my Black Black Chromaline! I use this to line and then smudge it with Maybelline's gel liner brush. It has great lasting power (greater than Fluidline, I must say) and looks more natural than Dipdown on me. Overall I think most of the PPs are worthwhile, and I will definitely repurchase this!

on 10/16/2011 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this paintpot! At first, it is a very versatile product, as you can use it in your eyebrows (I am blonde) and it looks the most natural finish and lasts all day.
You can also use it as base (like painterly), and it will darken your eyeshadows in a really beautiful natural way.
I also wear it in the crease, using painterly as a base, and then with a 217 just swipe this colour in your crease, and the result is a natural, beautiful finish.
I definately will buy it again.

on 10/13/2011 12:31:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I've been desperate to move away from shimmer eyeshadow but still make my brown eyes pop. This stuff is freaking amazing.

For daytime I put Quite Natural on my lids, blend some MAC Soft Brown eyeshadow into my crease, slap on some mascara. Looks so soft and beautiful!

For nighttime I do the same thing except I add thick black eyeliner on top and blend it up to make a really classy smokey eye. So easy!

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm Mac matchmaster 8.5 with a undertones neither too warm or cool. This paint pot is one of my holy grails it's a VERY COOL matte muddy medium brown with a slight hint of gray taupe undertones. I use this everyday in the crease as a base for my natural skin toned transition colors which are combos of Macís saddle/brown script or texture/brown script (used interchangeably). Since Macís saddle, texture & brown script eye shadows don't show up on my bare pigmented lids quite natural pp makes them show up giving the shadows something to stick to. It gives my crease a flawless airbrush look of natural skin playing a crucial part in blending shadows on the crease making a smooth transition. This is also a good base from crease to lid for NATURAL/NEUTRAL eye looks ONLY. I love this product don't recommend it as a base on the mobile lid underneath bright/dark/vibrant colorful shadows cause it DULLS them down significantly painterly, soft ochre or white-ish base is best for making bright/dark/bold/vibrant shadows pop. None of Mac paint pots crease or fade on me except for constructivist. If you are a deep dark skinned WOC this is a MUST have staple item thatís recognized.

on 7/6/2011 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have used this as a base, but I find it makes any brown shadow ashy and unfortunately it didn't work out for a smoky eye as i like warmer bases :(

the amazing purpose it has served has been to shape my brows, as many have already mentioned it is good for. my eyebrows are in good shape but the tails ends never quite recovered from the years of abuse, so i draw the ends in with this paint pot and they are set for the rest of the day.
i've gone swimming in the ocean, and my eyebrows were still there when i got home! strangely enough, they always seem to fade a little on the side of my face that my bangs fall on. but the formula does amazingly well.

the last half of my pot has dried up at this point, but i usually keep the pot uncapped throughout the 20 minutes it takes me to get my brows perfect. i might try mixing in some water, since this has worked with my fluidline.

great for brows, didnt like it as a base.

on 5/25/2011 1:58:00 PM

i love this pp for when im doing a dark smoky eye! its even amazing for the lower lash line :) love it.

on 4/13/2011 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Interesting product, this is the first paint pot i purchased!
the color looks quite different on, than when in the jar, but overall i was quite pleased.

I have heard so many people rave about the MAC paint pots, so i decided to try one.

Overall, quite nice.

on 4/10/2011 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love the color of Quite Natural. It's a true brown shade that looks great on anyone! It's great used alone or as a base. It made my shimmery brown shadows pop! I didn't need any primer anymore. Yes, it is slightly on the dry side, but it didn't bother me at all. I swivel my finger in circles just to make it melt a bit (with the warmth of my hand), and apply! This is just amazing! One of my must haves from now on!

Top Rated MAC Products