October 20, 2014 | 1965 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Jenhaas504

I saw this product on a youtube video and the user made it look so easy when applying the product. I unfortunately did not have that luck. It was hard and I felt like I was tugging to get any color out of it. I also would have liked if it would have had a way to sharpen the liner as well. Product just didn't work for me at all, wont be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by mayumikiki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product. It's the only brow pencil I use but does anyone know if they still sell it in canada? I've been to shoppers drug mart, rexall, and walmart and couldn't find it anymore! If they did discontinue it can someone suggest another drugstore brow liner that works similarly?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by shoma2k

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After trying Anastasia Eye Brow Gel, Lancomes Eye Brow Powder Pencil, and Anastasia's Brow Powder and some the other brow powders. I must say this is a very good eye brow pencil. I keep on coming back to this pencil. I'm an Asian with brownish black hair and medium fair, and I absolutely love the Dark Blonde Pencil, anything darker looks to powerful. For a nice natural look on me, this is a good color. Doesn't look too drawn in or artificial. Being in a pencil form, one gets good control drawing in sparse areas of the eyebrows. The packaging is good, I just wish there was a brush on the other end, otherwise the product is definitely a bang for the buck.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by blackberries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Have been searching for a good eyebrow item (shadow, pencil, anything), but for now this is good. I don't completely love it because the darkest is only the Dark Brown (I am Chinese, with natural black hair. I want my brows to NOT look different!)

PROS:
- drawing gently with this pencil (one thin, light stroke at a time) creates the exact brows I want!
- the pencil tip is extremely tiny, allowing me to precisely draw my brows
- NO SHARPENING! Love this

CONS:
- the darkest colour is Dark Brown (it's more like a dark chocolate brown, a very warm brown) and this doesn't work very well on me. I am Chinese with natural black hair, if I draw my brows too dark (thus showing off this thick, warm chocolate colour) they look very artificial!!
- I cannot tell at all how much product I have left, and if I should be replacing it soon... I mean, imagine when I'm on-the-go with this pencil and RUN OUT. And say I run out after finishing drawing ONE BROW!? Which btw almost happened -luckily I had a teenie bit of the pencil left to finish the other brow!!

For now, this is my current brow pencil. But I am on the lookout for another....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by caitlinroseg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite eyebrow pencil. And I'm really annoyed that theyve stopped selling it in Australia! GRR. I use the colour light blonde and it is perfect for me. I am fair skinned and blonde haired.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 6:16:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

No matter how light-handed I go, it is fairly obvious where I use this pencil because it is too pigmented and blending/combing does not work to adequately soften it. I need to fill in a scar and this does work well for that. (It is quite fine, not as fine as Annabelle brow pencils (which are available in a bigger variety). I need precision there but a muted haziness elsewhere. I have a feeling a brow pen like suqqu or Gosh wd be better. Repurchase is a maybe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic stuff! Looks natural, stays put and easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by xtorie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG brow pencil! I've tried just about every drugstore brow pencil out there and this is my favourite. I use the colour Medium Brown. This does not move, even on my extremely oily skin. I can get a precise line because it's very thin. The colours don't have too much red in them and I think it makes my brows look about as natural as they can while still being defined. The only thing I don't like is that once you twist the product up, you can't twist it back down.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by CandyLatte

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't think they discontinued the dark brown colour. I still see it at my local Pharmasave. Great product! Even though it is quite pricy for the amount of product you get.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Dlou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product--it is the easiest to use and lasts long once it's on. I agree, however, that you've got to be careful not to twist too much product out, and that it'd be nice to get a little more in the container. I use the light brown, I think, and it looks excellent and natural. I bought it as a replacement for an Anastasia brow product, and thought this was very similar but actually better. Stayed on longer, easier to deal with. And I use the comb for my lashes, which is handy.

Note: Here's a possible replacement I read about on Amazon for those of you bummed about the discontinuation of the dark brown color:
"UPDATE as of Feb 2013: REPLACEMENT FOUND!!! The NYX Auto Eyebrow pencil is an excellent replacement to the old Maybelline Dark Brown pencil. I have dark brown hair and the black worked perfect since it's not that dark. However, the brown had a bit of a reddish tint to it. The NYX Eyebrow pencil has a matte texture, it's easy to apply, self-sharpening, and it doesn't smudge even when working out."

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No