September 1, 2014 | 2042 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by asasirry

This one is just lovely, I prefer those thick bases to the thin ones like the urban decay one which i never use anymore.
The only con is that it feels sticky at first, so I wouldnt wear it by itself but I always put shadows on later so ir doesnt really matters.

First I thought this shade would be too yellow for me, I went in to buy painterly but the lady at the store told me how nice she thought the yellowish one looked on red-ish lids for neutralizing and I rend to use yellow based foundations so it was the perfect match ! :D

I think it is very pricy, at least in iceland, its around 45 usd, but i dont regret the buy.
I also reccomend nyx shadow base for those on a budget, Its my second fav base.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by elencole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great for neutralizing the very dark, purple undertones of my lids, a perfect match for warmer, light skin tones (i'm a NC15-20). I own 6 paint pots and this is the most difficult to work with. It doesn't have the super creamy formula of the others, can appear patchy if not applied carefully but a great result can be achieved with practice. Will def buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by 6lex10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product overall! It's inexpensive since Mac is inbetween highend and drugstore. It primes the eyelids by getting rid of any discoloration and keep eyeshadow from creasing. I originally was going to get Painterly, but heard this was better for yellow undertones (I'm a NC20 in Mac) and also it covers discoloration better. The only downsides are the packaging isn't very hygenic due to its jar form, and it can dry out my eyelids very easily and it will cling to dry patches on your eyelids. For most people that won't be a problem, but for all of us dry skin girls it's a major problem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

This is my first MAC paint pot & I love it. The colour is perfect (I don't understand how people can use painterly.. it's SO pink) for my skin tone and it covers up any redness on my eyes nicely. I use it as a primer & it helps my eyeshadows stay all day. I'm only worried it will dry out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by itsiliii

LOVE THIS STUFF. With all my eye shadow primers leaving me desiring more, I decided to give this a try. Although I never use this as an eyeshadow on its own, i love using it as a base. It instantly leaves a flawless canvas for eyeshadow and makes any eyeshadow I put over it really pop.

Not to mention, for me at least, it doubles as an eye shadow primer. Definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by halwa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dark eyelids and work long hours, which leads to very fatigued looking eyes. This is a workhorse for me. I use this everyday and it corrects the darkness and ads brightness and makes me look awake. It does crease alone so I dust it off with a matte Bobbi Brown eye shadow. I have had my pot for almost a year and use it everyday and I'm only half way done - would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by sultaria

I love using this as an eyeshadow primer. It makes even the cheapest eyeshadow stay on all day. I have been looking for something like this forever since I mainly only use eye makeup and love eyeshadow. This is the only product I will use as my primer. It is a bit pricey but lasts forever. MACs best product in my opinion. I love it so much!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I switch between using this and Painterly as eyeshadow primers.

Soft Ochre is certainly more yellow on my very fair skin (NW10, freckled), however, I have a lot of purple on my eyelids and so the yellow works perfectly to cover the purple and give me a nice base to apply eyeshadow colors.

It's excellent as a primer and base for all eyeshadows except for stark white or light colors with blue undertones. That's when I use Painterly instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by smashforever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me just start off by saying- my eyelids suck. Hooded, oily, has a weird tendency to get flaky. It's a nightmare to work with. And because of that, I REALLY need to be on top of my game when it comes to using primers.

At first, I really didnt like using this paint pot as a primer because it just ended up creasing constantly with or without eyeshadow. It was a pain to gauge the right amount to get on my fingers and blend before it sets and pulls at my lid. I just ended up setting it aside for days I want to go for a cut crease look and needed to amplify a shadow color. So I just went back to using UDPP or NARS Smudge Proof, which are both tried and true primers for me. Recently, I ran out of both and being on a tight budget recently, I couldn't just go out and drop $20+ on a new eye primer. So I figured using the paint pot again wouldn't hurt. But THIS TIME, I applied it using Urban Decay's synthetic shadow brush (it's the flat side of the dual-ended brush that came with the Naked 2 palette). AND OH MY DAMN. Using that brush helps get the right amount of product smoothed over my entire lid without dragging or scratching. And I don't have to worry too much about using too much or too little because the brush just evens everything out and does the work for me. I also like to use Soft Ochre + the eyeshadow brush to outline my brows(then blend out) to make it super defined.

Sorry for the rambling, but what I'm trying to say with this review is that if the product isn't working as well as you'd like, trydifferent ways of applying. Hey, better to try than to waste, right?

For reference, I'm NC30-35 in Mac Pro Longwear foundation with oily sensitive skin

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Soft Ochre leans a little yellow on me, otherwise it's a great primer for eye shadow. Not a fan of how fast they seem to dry up though.