November 22, 2014 | 1217 users online

Blush - Bourjois - Lune D'or

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by danai

I recently also got the Rose D' Or version of this blush and fell in love with it right away. I just couldn't believe it could get any better, but rurprisingly it does, and Lune D' Or is It.
Like many have said before me, it is the most gorgeous peachy golden beige shade you can imagine. Unlike Rose D' Or, which is a deliciously girly pink that makes cheeks look flushed, this one is a soft champagne shade that gives the most subtle, barely - there but positively gorgeous glow. And, unlike Rose D' Or which is unfortunately easy to overdo (I have quite fair skin), I can pile up on this without it looking clownish at all. It gives more of a sunkissed healthy glow rather than a rosy, flushed effect. Therefore if you are extremely pale and don't seem to be able to pull blush off, this is exactly what you need. It will make your face glow. You can also use it as a highlighter I suppose, though I haven't tried that yet.
The packaging is super cute but a bit brittle. When you open the pot, a scent that is irresistible to me is unleashed. Understandably you may not be thrilled about your blush smelling, but I am absolutely mad about the scent, to the point that I have to push myself to stop sniffing it and close the container after I'm done applying. The price is absolutely fine, in fact considering how good the product is and the quantity you get, I'd pay double the money for it. The powder is pressed, therefore it's not too easy to get on the brush, but I don't really mind that. The brush provided doesn't quite work for me and I see I'm not the only one, so you're probably better off using a bigger, softer one.
To sum things up, this is awesome. If I ever run out, which doesn't seem probable in the near future, I'll definitely repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2008 2:12:00 PM More reviews by gina2685

Although I'm really a pink blush person this blush is probably my favorite among my stash. For start, it's the only thing that can give me a nice summery glow and it's the only peachy-beige shade that doesn't leave a yellowish finish on my skin. It looks absolutely amazing every single time I'm wearing it and I can also use it as a highlighter or contouring shade and brush a bit of pink on top. It's an absolute must have for pale people and it works incredibly well even if you're cool toned and afraid of goldish shades (like me). Very natural. The smell, that many people complain about, is not that big of an issue imo. Yes, it is a bit stronger than most blushes but it's nice, girly, has a retro twist and it disappears after you put it on your face. The compact is cute and the little brush might work for the occasional touch up (but definetely not for a regular application). The price is very cheap in most euro countries (mine cost around 10 euro) and it's not that high in US so why not give it a try? I'm on my second pot and definetely repurchasing when it's over.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2008 10:56:00 PM More reviews by xbridgette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What I love about this product is the color and the packaging. The pink-peachy shimmer gives your cheeks a super pretty glow. It comes with a compact mirror and small brush, so you can carry it in your purse and touch it up easily. The only thing I don't care for is the perfume smell. It gave me a headache the first time I wore it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2008 7:39:00 AM More reviews by Kagali

I actually really love the color and pigmentation of this blush. I am FFF, neutral coloring, and it is very sheer and pretty on me. I don't really like blushes that have shimmer normally because they tend to emphasize even the smallest imperfections. But the shimmer in this one is sooo subtle and the color so peachy and sheer that I can pull it off no problem.

Why do you give it only 3 lippies then? you might ask. Well, the main reason is packaging and formula. The little closure on this box broke a few days after I purchased this so now it opens by itself. Thus, I cannot carry it in my bag and do touch ups. The other major reason I dislike this is the fact that the blush itself is VERY hard to pick up onto a brush. Needless to say, the brush it comes with is totally useless, it does nothing. But even with a good full sized blush brush it is impossible to pick up any product even when swirling and swirling. So to apply you have to scrape off a top layer with something first and then apply whatever has loosened. If you ask me this is totally a pain since I have to keep something flat to scrape with handy in order to use this. I've had this blush for 3-4 years and for the reasons I've listed above it is still mostly full, I don't reach for it often, though it COULD have been a daily staple. Will not repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by solyacska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was sucked into buying this blush because I just couldn’t resist the utra cute packaging of Bourjois products, and because I was tired of the reddish-faced broken out look pinkish blushes kept giving me. Lune D’or is a peachy champagne shade that blends into the skin with a hint of pink. It’s not that natural flush color, rather a slight glowy tan and a hint of blush – it makes me look healthy and glowy without looking too made-up. And I love the golden
shimmer! It shows up as naturally luminous skin when applied, not cheap glittery at all, and looks just stunning, imo. I’ve never had problems with the pigmentation, one layer shows up really nicely on me.

Picking up product with a blush brush is a nightmare despite this all. I have to scrape the top to get some off, and that just makes application no fun anymore…one lippy off for that. Still, the dome-shaped powder with the golden veins is just irresistibly cute. Normally I don’t care about packaging, but this one got me. It looks just….tasty somehow, makes me want to grab it and dish all my other blushes. The little cutie brush and the mirror compact solved my problem for occasional touchups. And what other company puts makeup tips into their product packagings? The little sheet on the top about what shades to apply where is really thoughtful and just… cute. Cute being the keyword to describe this blush :) Bourjois is grouping their blush shades according to purpose (highlighting, contouring, etc), it’s worth to check out their site before buying their blushes (because I'll buy some more for sure).

I’d recommend Lune D’or for yellowy or neutral undertones, as it is a warmer shade itself. On cool toned skin it might look a little garish with the golden shimmer and the peachy hue. It’s ideal for lighter skintones as a blush – I never had the feeling with this one that my blush is overpowering the rest of my makeup when it shouldn’t.
That all said, this shade should be a staple in everyone’s makeup stash. It’s foolproof, natural and sophisticated.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by candrakirana

This peachy pink blush is perfect for no make up look and it is very practical. I can customize the the pigmentation of the blush easily. It has gold sparkles that is not chunky, instead, it brightens my complexion, healthy flush. I never use NARS Orgasm so I cannot compare both of them. If I ever run out of this blush, sure, I will repurchase.

FYI: I am NC25-30 MAC Studio Fix, yellow tone, Asian skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Go-to blush on the very very pale. I've recently been adventuring for the first time into the dark regions of blush. This is scary for a pale blue person. I thought I could never pull off any blush, ever, and was condemned to looking like death year-round until I found this.

Bourjois blushes are lovely little pots of joy; beautiful packaging, matching the colour inside; complete with mini mirror and mini brush (might be useful for touch-ups on the go, not as good as a proper brush though).

Perfumed: the classic Bourjois scent: rose, vanilla, peach, violet flower, maybe some lily of the valley. Love it or hate it (I love it, and am highly allergic to many smells - but this scent is happily nostalgic for me).

35 Lune d'or is the most delicate wash of peachy-pink, with lots of gold shimmer. Barely shows even on pale skin, so cannot be over-applied. Might also work on darker skins as a highlighter. This is my new daily blush - I love it, makes me look more alive with only the slightest hint of discernible colour.

If you're super pale and even the moony Lune is too harsh, it might be worth trying some of the eye-shadows (lovely little pots of joy again) as whisper-light blushers that are even more delicate. More pearly than gilded, for the most part, these three might work on you:

Rose peau 15 is palest pink,

Rose perle 03 and Ambre nude 16 are light nude / beige / peaches,

and Beige rosé 08 is slightly deeper.

See www.bourjois.com for colours (click "continued" for links).

Practicalities: These blushes are domed, and baked. As others have noted, hard. Can be hard to pick up or seem dry. Scraping the top gently with a dry toothbrush helps (for me anyway), but it does need some work with a blusher brush: I managed to irritate and scratch my skin (hence down to a 4), and resorted to using (clean) finger-tips, which works well for the apple of the cheek.

Nice and cheap here in Europe (around EUR 10.00). Not tested on animals. No irritation to start with or when used occasionally; some little bumps under the skin with continuous use (and yes, I do wash my face at night!). Certainly worth trying, bu sensitives be wary.

UPDATE: I'm also using Rose de Jaspe (pink, more pigment) very occasionally, Nars Orgasm (perfect... love it...), and - between Lune and Orgasm in colour - The Body Shop's Golden Pink (04). Down to 4 as I'm looking for a blush that's the same colour as Lune d'Or but has a softer texture and can be applied with a brush...

UPDATE (2008-06): I *have* had a slight irritation issue: this was due to a known irritant in another product (that I used anyway, stupid me), and this was one of the items I was using that didn't help. Stopping using it helped. Going back to it - skin broke out a bit on the cheeks. I'm keeping this for Special Occasions, but for everyday purposes, it's over to good solid reliable Clinique.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Satinette

This is my go-to glowy nude blush (NW25/30) , but I use this as a base/wash on my eyes too. It can also be use over any matte blush if you require some shimmers over it, great as a highlighter too. A beautiful light peach/champagne/beige all row into one. You can go wrong with this one. A+++

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2008 12:30:00 AM More reviews by JettNY

If you're insanely pale, then this color may be just right for you. I thought I couldn't wear blush, but I can wear Lune D'Or . The shimmer isn't too strong, even if you layer the product. The color goes on pinky-peach. The scent is lovely. The product does harden after a while, as another reviewer noted. Don't know what to do about that except to take off one lippie.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by TeaMonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

The blush is a baked powder, as opposed to pressed powder; MAC has Mineralize Skinfinishes, beautiful silky powders made the same way. The baking technology removes the need for added ingredients that hold the powder together and usually irritate or break out skin, and results in an adorable dome-shaped powder.

35 Lune D'Or looks like a light peach with golden shimmer in the pot, but applies very sheer with minimum amount of shimmer. Layering it on will give more color. It doesn't turn orange or overly peachy, just gives a beautiful sunkissed glow, great for highlighting, but not if you want that flushed look. Sometimes it can appear peachy pink, depending on what clothing and other makeup colors I'm wearing, so I think it would suit both cool and warm toned skin.

The scent is awesome. Disappears after a few minutes.
The packaging is great, love the color, mine didn't break (don't throw it around and open the lid gently, without force and you'll be fine), but honestly I don't see the need for the mirror or the brush. It's just a waste of materials, not very eco-friendly.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No