September 30, 2014 | 1625 users online

Mascara - Neutrogena - Healthy Volume

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by missmiseryxo

I was looking for a dupe to Benefit BadGal, and this comes pretty close. It is a drier mascara (which I prefer for volume), doesn't leave clumps and separates my lashes. And of course I love that it is more than half the price of BadGal!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

The packaging for this mascara looks cheap but the formula was in fact very impressive, comparable to Maybellineís Full N Soft Mascara (my favorite, but this is a close second). I have short lashes, so this mascara's large wand applicator was a little tricky to maneuver through each lash without missing.

But the mascara is pretty fluid, so I never experienced clumping and it separated my lashes nicely and didn't weigh them down throughout the day. No flaking, either! However, it is easy to wash off at the end of the day, so some people may find that this smudges easily during wear.

My favorite thing about this mascara is its olive oil component, and how soft my lashes stay with it on. It lengthens and volumizes in a single coat, and it doesn't feel stiff or brittle. I actually wonder if it possibly improved the health of my lashes, because I noticed that both my naked upper and lower lashes were slightly longer with repeated use.

For those who are looking for a very dramatic look, this probably wonít volumize and lengthen your lashes enough, but this is a really nice if you like a look that's in between natural/no-makeup and dramatic. Once you get used to the brush, itís very easy and quick to apply since just a single coat makes a big difference.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Umthisisawkward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a free sample when I bought Neutrogena's Clear Skin Pressed Powder and considering I am somewhat of a mascara junkie (I own about 20 different mascaras ranging from make up for ever to nyc) I was excited to try this. I have pretty long eyelashes and somewhat thick lashes as well so I love to amplify them with volume mascara. This not only amplified them but made them look full and lush. Good qualities I look for in a mascara. I also use my MU4E lengthening mascara as well with this and it looks amazing.. I recommend highly. Im going to buy the big size tube after the sample is done :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by babyxdee10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite drugstore mascara! It's comparable to Maybelline's Full and Soft, however there is the added benefit of olive oil in it that makes lashes sooo soft and long after you wash off your makeup. It does not give a dramatic false lashes look, but rather a full and natural appearance. It is great for everyday wear to go run errands or going to class. I would definitely recommend this to girls in high school who are just starting out with make up.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by blond1wd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this mascara enough I suppose.....I bought it because I had heard it was comparable to Dior Show. It doesn't flake or seem to smear like many, and the olive oil seems like a nice added ingredient, but I still want more volume out of a mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by jd1463

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Even though the package claims to "instantly build lash volume by 400%" I do not believe that is the intent. I bought this mascara because I noticed a SIGNIFICANT decrease in the overall health and appearance of my lashes (extremely thin) after I began using the "plumping, thickening, and volumizing" mascaras on a DAILY basis. It contains olive oil, which you will find in a ton of hair products, and OVER time I did notice that my poor thinned lashes returned back to their normal thickness :) So if you are looking for an instant effect or a look of false lashes this is not it. It simply only IMPROVES lash health. Hope this helps.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by pln315

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a horrible mascara...one of the worst I've ever used. The formula was very dry and I had to apply a bazillion coats for it to be noticeable. Plus my lashes didn't come out as dark as I would've liked. What a total waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara SUCKS if you're looking for big length and volume. People with short eyelashes shouldn't use this, especially if they're looking for something dramatic. I didn't like this at all, and I felt like it was a waste of money. I feel like someone with big eyes and long eyelashes that likes a natural look would like this mascara, but anyone with small eyes that wants eyes that look bigger or someone with short eyelashes would detest this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by blythegraves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have super long lashes and this mascara made them heavy, sticky, and short. Very wet and heavy; weighed down lashes after only one coat. To get volumizing effects more than 1 coat is needed, but does not lengthen or define lashes. Irritated my eyes like crazy. Do not buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Arizona4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was very impressed with this mascara! It did exactly what it promised - strengthed my eyelashes and added plenty of volume, but without clumping lashes together and creating a uni-lash! The first time I used it, I couldn't stop sneaking into he bathroom to look at my eyes! This is by far my favorite drugstore mascara.