Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner in Perversion

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I love Urban Decay. I really do. I actually feel a little bad when I cheat on UD and buy products from other brands! But this eye liner was a huge disappointment. It was OK at first. Not amazing. Just OK. I got a thin black line each time. It didn't dry matte-- it always looked a little shiny-- but I smudged dark eye shadow over the line anyway, so it did not matter. It did not dry as quickly as I would have liked, and the liner bled into my eyeball and clouded up my contact lenses a few times. Ouch!!! I was willing to adjust my application technique to make it work, though. But after a couple weeks, things started to go awry. First, I couldn't get enough product to stay on the brush to trace my entire upper lid. It wasn't because the product was almost all gone. It was still quite full. Then the little rubber grommet/ring thing that narrows the opening, and controls the amount of product that comes out on the brush, well, it came unattached and fell out! The liquid liner poured out of the bottle down my sink. I couldn't even use it after that. It went in the trash. I don't doubt that this product could be superb if all of the pieces function properly. I got a bad apple. I bought the Stila liquid eye liner pen to replace it, and I prefer the feel, texture, matte-ness and ease of application much more. I don't like leaving negative reviews! I'm so sorry, UD!

on 6/11/2014 7:30:00 PM

I couldnt get the 'ink for eyes peversion' and settled for this from my local sephora store. I wanted to imitate the look by MUA Mario for Mrs West`s wedding. It looks shiny black on me. Draws some pretty awesome fine, clean, lines and winged/cat eye are a breeze! Glides easily. I think even beginners will also have few problems. All u need are steady hands but with the fine tip brush this is easy. I love the name "perversion".. hehe ..naughty! It`s waterproof and lasted me all nite thru west coast swing dancing. Nice! Packaging is simple/light weight. No qualms there. Smells funky tho!

Here's the cons, it peels upon removal. The gunk gets all over! Yuck!... And u need an oil based eye makeup remover (seriously waterproof!) Lost some lashes during removal :( Makeup wipes dun work! It is pricey but i got a discount from sephora. (Im such a regular there!).

Overall, i like the product, its much faster to use than a gel liner.I' ve been using gel liner for years! I think im gonna switch to this liquid liner. im a convert now!

on 6/7/2014 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I feel like this liner is the same as a regular drugstore liner. I was really disappointed with this product. It dries shiny and it kinda makes my eyes itchy.

on 5/1/2014 7:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Glides on perfect, stay power is amazing, the best and blackest eyeliner I've ever used! Easy to apply a thin line or build a thick line and add flicks, couldn't ask for more, the only time I don't purchase this is when I trial other liquids but this is the clear winner of the eyeliner world.

on 4/23/2014 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't use liquid liner often but Urban Decay's 24/7 is where it's at! Perversion is a super dark and very pigmented black liquid. The skinny brush allows me to draw very thin and precise lines, even though I actually kinda suck at applying liquid liner. It dries fairly quickly and once it's dry, it doesn't move. I have no issues with flaking or peeling off, in fact it's almost a struggle to remove it all with waterproof makeup remover at night. I might not use it much but it is definitely a repurchase!

This is a good product, however, if I nap at all with it, I wake up with black crumbs every where and the liner erased from my eyelids! If I would have actually bought it rather than receiving it with my "Book of Shadows" I would have returned it. i will say that It's a great product if I don't nap in it... Lol I'll stick with maybelline's liquid liner for a quarter of the price, and no black crumbs :)

on 3/28/2014 10:55:00 PM

The first time I used this, I was completely unable to use it. For some strange reason, it stung so badly! So I stayed away for awhile. However, when I tried it again in a few weeks, it no longer stung my eyes so this is just a warning/caution for those with sensitive eyes.

I liked the brush tip, it did not fray during my entirety of using the bottle. However, there are some strange mechanisms to this bottle. While I didn't have any problems with the stopper, it slowly began not closing properly. And then the side of the bottle cracked. How disappointing for a high-end product.

Also, it was not very watery proof with watery eyes. I usually do winged eyeliner, and the wings will not last on my eyes. I have to substitute MAC Liquidlast for the wing, doing the line along my lashline with Perversion instead.

I'm stumped on whether or not to repurchase, but I would still recommend it because I enjoyed it enough to finish it.

on 3/16/2014 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got a full size of this liquid liner in the Urban Decay Book of Shadows 4. It is very opaque and lasts a full day for me. The brush is super thin and precise, much like the felt tip applicator on the Dolly Wink liquid eyeliner. The only thing that irritates me is how I can never tell which end of the tube is the brush, if that makes sense. I always end up opening the tube upside down, which is a minor inconvenience, but annoying nonetheless.

on 1/9/2014 12:05:00 PM

I love the color - but I wish it would stay on my eyes. This eyeliner likes to peel off after a few hours for me. The packaging makes it seem like there is more product than there actually is. The color is great while it lasts, though.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This eyeliner is definitely quite pricey but really good. I think that is worth it, it glides really well as the brush is so versatile and so easy to make the perfect cat eye. I recommend it if you can afford it!!!

Top Rated Urban Decay Products