Isehan Kiss Me by Isehan - Heroine Make Long

4.3

on 12/11/2014 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OMG, I can actually wear mascara! That's right - I'd all about given up on mascara. I have stubborn straight and sparse lashes that will hold a curl for all of 5 seconds. No mascara would keep the curl and always leave raccoon eyes barely half an hour later.

I didn't want to believe it (oh, those romantic fluttery lashes of manga dreams!) so I tried mascara after mascara. High end, drugstore and everything in between. Even the Asian brands didn't work - Shiseido, Shu, ZA, Fibrewig, tried em all. The only one that performed half decently was Maybelline's waterproof Sky High Curves and even then, I had to constantly touch up as the smudges were inevitable. (Waterproof mascara is waterproof, not OIL-proof and that's the problem with ladies like me with oily eyelids)

Then I read the rave reviews of Heroine Make and tried it. Oh Holy Grail - tis the best Christmas present I could ever give myself. It didn't just hold the curl, it actually made the curl BETTER - longer and fluttery. Couldn't. Believe. My. Eyes. The curl held all day (I kept touching them and looking at myself in the mirror all day. Amazeballs!)

Yes, there was a wee bit of smudging after half a day but nothing that a little wipe couldn't fix and nothing like the smudge monsters of the past. Yes, it's hard to remove but seriously, am I about to complain when it works like a dream?

This is it. My mascara for life.

on 11/24/2014 11:55:00 PM

This is the best mascara I've ever used for holding a curl on stubborn, stick-straight lashes, and I've tried drug-store to high end searching for the One. Yep, that's right, this is the One until otherwise proven, which I doubt will be easy to do.

All I have to do with this to get perfect, long curls each time is use any decent metal eyelash curler, one coat of this, let it dry, apply a second coat, and it lasts all day. If I skip the second coat I find that the curl doesn't last as long. It doesn't slip or slide off. Once it's on, it's on. Mine is a nice true black which works well with my black lashes.

The only thing I dislike about this mascara is that I have to use the mascara/eyemakeup remover from the same company to get it off, but that's a small price to pay for the effect the mascara gives my lashes.

on 10/21/2014 10:53:00 PM

UPDATE: I followed advice on here and stuck the tube in my bra for awhile. Honestly I think I left it there for about a half hour, got busy. My lashes are clump free and sky high. It looks like I have a million lashes each a mile long. I'm off to buy a backup tube.

I like this mascara. I have the pink bottle, I think now it is a black one? Bottle/tube, whatever.

It has little fibers that make my lashes look quite long, much better than the Younique fiber mascara somehow. Significantly better price point too.

That said, it really is impossible to get off. First I tried Stridex wipes..burning eyes, perfect mascara. Then I tried Philosophy Purity Simple (?) both dry and then wet. Nada. Finally sprayed some shine oil for my hair onto my finger and rubbed it across my eyelids. Bingo, but ow. I think a cleansing oil is a must here.

on 10/17/2014 8:21:00 PM

The cone shape brush makes it hard to reach every lash and the extra wet formula has me getting it on to my lids every time. It does give me very nice long lashes and it holds a curl. Not particularly dark enough or voluminous enough for my taste though and I'm finding flaking, bits of black specs under my eye on lid after a couple of hrs. The mascara also transfer slightly onto around the eye area if I were to tear up slightly due to winds or put in eye drops ( in a flaking way- i find little black dots of mascara around my eye). The plus side is that it's easy to remove and I don't have a huge smudge/ panda eye problem. I suppose specks of mascara is better than smudged rings of it...not my favorite, on with the mascara search!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

OHMYGAWD! The best mascara I have ever used. I used Dior mascara, tarte, urban decay, and plethora of brands inside sephora and this is the only one that is the best! I have been using this dollywink long and curl for 2 years now and I don't think I will change it anytime with other brands. It delivers what it says on the package :) It is super black, hold your curl, and length PLUS IT IS WATERPROOF. Everything I want to in a mascara for a cheaper price!!!

on 8/17/2014 7:12:00 PM

Not really a review but more of a question I bought this mascara a few days ago and was really excited to try it! I loved what it did for my lashes but then came the problem of washing it off.... 3 days later and 50 less eyelashes and it still hasn't completely budged! Im mascara mad and really want to try this again, anyone know if they do they do a non-waterproof version or is that it, and if so what colour tube should I go for? Thank you :)

on 8/7/2014 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I've been using this mascara off and on for a couple of months now. I love it's staying power. I have watery eyes due to allergies and oily lids so I'm always looking for a waterproof mascara that will last. This one definitely lasted all day with no running or smudging. I also got the Heroine mascara remover so it was easy to remove at the end if the day. I did find that it made my lashes stiff but my biggest problem was the color. While it looks really black on the brush I found that it appears a little grayish on my lashes. For that reason I wouldn't repurchase.

on 8/3/2014 10:06:00 PM

I would rebuy this product if it was cheaper. I got the version where they had the combo mascara and remover.

It was great for my Asian eyelashes, it made them super long, almost giving that false lashes look. The issue is that it had no volume, so even though they were long, they weren't thick. So I would have to use it with a volumising mascara along with it, I had to curl my lashes beforehand, it really keeps the curl.

My second issue with this mascara is that it was almost impossible to remove without the remover. Its a plus and a negative, making it super waterproof and budgeproof but at the end of the day it would take me an extra time just to remove my mascara. But I have to admit the remover is absolutely magical.

So yes, I would only recommend this product if you bought the remover with it, but other than that if you want length only than go for it.

on 7/30/2014 5:30:00 PM

This mascara isn't the best; it smudges after a few hours of wearing it. It's a very wet formula so if I blink a few seconds after application, it gets all over my lids.

As for the good side of this mascara, it lengthened my lashes (not as much as I wanted it to) and it didn't clump. It separated my lashes nicely and held the curl well.

on 7/26/2014 6:34:00 PM

I am a mascara junkie, I always am looking for something even better. Well, this is NOT it... I bought this, paid a ton in shipping, it took forever to be delivered, but that is not why I am complaining. This mascara when it goes on is pretty Ok..After using this mascara for the third time, I nearly had a cow.. As I was struggling to take this junk off, multiple lashes came out. I even bought the recommended mascara remover and that did not prevent my lashes from falling out. In to the garbage it goes.. I had given a review for MAC extended play in the past and I am going right back to that mascara.. a solid mascara that never disappoints..

Popular Mascaras