September 23, 2014 | 2006 users online

Mascara - Kiss Me - HEROINE MAKE long and curl mascara (black)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

HG status! Love this mascara. Granted its hard to remove (that's why I bought the brand's mascara remover as well).

Defines and naturally lengthens my lashes, holds the curl, does not smudge!

It's more expensive in North America but it's a steal in Japan for 900 yen ( 9 usd).. You can order it online for double the price.

Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by tiny101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best mascaras I have ever tried! I've used almost all of the regular drugstore ones (Maybelline Falsies Waterproof is great, btw) and the Majolica Majorca Lash Expander, but this one blows all of them out of the water because of one specific quality: absolutely no smudging, flaking, or running throughout a hot summer day!

[ PROS ]
- Lengthens my very short and straight lashes beautifully
- Adds enough volume to make the lashes noticeable
- Can be very natural or built up to be more dramatic (less dramatic than false eyelashes, but still bold)
- Holds my curl despite any rain, snow, or very hot humid weather (unlike most drugstore brands)
- Does not smudge/flake/run at all (tested through a few summer days where I was out and about for almost 18 hours)
- Does not irritate my sensitive stye-prone eyes or my contact lenses

[ CONS ]
- Not readily available in Canada... I order mine through eBay

This is a must-try mascara for anyone with difficult/stubborn lashes or those who are looking for something that truly stays put. Also, because it's so difficult to take off, I usually massage an oil cleanser (e.g. DHC Oil Cleanser) into my lashes and then rinse it off in that manner; this surely removes all hints of the mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 5:24:00 AM More reviews by llissie07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Awesome product! I've been searching and searching for a mascara that I'll actually buy again and this is it!

Pros:
waterproof
Doesn't smudge
Doesn't clump
Doesn't run
After curling lashes and applying it STAYS
Able to see the effect v.well
Comes off easily

Cons:
Just a tad expensive
Doesn't add volume, need to use primer. There's the volume version though so no worries.

Overall great product definitely will buy again. Gonna stock up when there's discount.

Edit: my awesome friend gave me a tip regarding this mascara so I thought I should share it with everyone. Curl your lashes BeFore you apply this and the curl really stays true for least 12 hours (longest I've tried). I've tried curling it after but the effect isn't as nice.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by candyintheeyes

love this vry much! my sister bought it as present for me in HK. it makes my lashes look vry long and extended. but not vey curled. but i m happy with the result as it never smudges even if it is wet by tears or accidentally rubbed eyes. the effect can last from morning till night of more than 12hrs. even i applied a few layers, it does not endup like cockroaches' legs with lots of residue on the lashes. it seperates each lashes without 'glue-ing' them into a clump. it is hard to be removed, so i need a seperate bottle of eye makeup removal. definitely will buy it again although it is pricey. i still keep the empty bottle even though i have finished it quite sometime <3 <3 <3.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! My HG mascara was Benefitís ďTheyíre Real!Ē Mascara but at $30 per tube I cannot justify purchasing it, even if I used it almost every day. There were a lot of flaws, like for example, with Benefit I had to apply a few layers to make my straight Asian lashes pop. I loved the brush on Benefitís the most, but I also disliked it wasnít waterproof. My oily lids are unstoppable.

Anyway, I heard about how this was a good dupe or at least alternative to Benefitís mascara so I decided to try it out. It is about half the price ($15) online. When I first opened the tube I was scoffing to myself because the brush seemed to look flimsy. But once I actually tried it, oh, I was in love! One coat already and there was a notable difference. A second coat Ė it was perfect. My lashes are so long and noticeable, the brush is actually no problem at all and I could apply with ease. The formula is a bit watery than I expected but itís no problem. Best of all, itís water proof and it holds the curl all day long.

A+, A+, A+. I am a lifetime fan and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by QOH

Super natural, yet really make my lash noticeable.
It does not clump. It is the most water resistant product I've ever come across.
The only downside is you will need its mascara remover to remove the mascara completely. Other remover that works with this mascara is Dermalogica precleanse.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by jeanyi

This changed my mind about mascaras.
I was never the mascara user because i had short and sparse lashes that needless to say, were also straight. I used natural-looking false eyelashes instead.
After trying this once, just once- i never looked back. This mascara 1) holds the curl all day, 2) really lengthens your lashes to its full potential without clumps, 3) Waterproof and 4) INEXPENSIVE. Compared to the high end mascaras i've used (eg. Lancome dolly eyes), this works so much better for me.. At first the fibers from the mascara may bother you a little because it feels a little weird, but i love the formula, especially after a few more uses when the mascara dries up a little; perfect consistency for my lashes. I love that it never ever fails me, even if i try other brands, i always go back to this, my go-to mascara always.
P/S: the hoarder in me always has a backup of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Shierine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an a holy grail mascara for straight and short Asian lashes. I had tried several different brands, Shiseido, Anna Sui, Covergirl, Benefit They're Real, and some others that I forgot the brand of, but this one works the best. I got it online here in Australia for AUD 18.95 (not including shipping).

Positives:
+ Lengthens lashes! My lashes even went above my crease which scared me at first because I never experienced it, it looks like I'm wearing fake lashes
+ Hold curls well. The formula of the mascara is very thick, probably thicker than They're Real, they also dry really quick and are lightweight. They're Real did well on me but it was too heavy and my eyelashes droop down even before the mascara dried but this mascara did none of it!
+ Separates lashes and no clumping. The wand has the perfect curve and is made out of plastic.
+ Thickens lashes, as I researched online, a blogger wrote that it is made of a really good thickening fiber.
+ Nice packaging. It is very cute, pink with gold label, the cap is black with roses detail. The packaging is made out of plastic and therefore is really light weight compared to They're Real.
+ No fall out, the mascara does not go flaky even over 6 hours wear.
+ Does not smudge on my oily lids, even when worn on bottom lashes

Negatives:
- Hard to remove. It is waterproof mascara and takes long time to remove even with waterproof remover. But I found a trick to it, simply press waterproof remover soaked cotton pads on your lids and lashes for 20-30 seconds while massaging it and ta-dah! The pads are black. Turn over the pads and use them to swipe the leftover and you're finished :) Please don't clean it harshly, you will pull off your lashes.
- It does not look natural. This is not a mascara when you want to have a no-makeup makeup look. Your eyelashes look so long it's fake. Well, this is not really a down-side if that's what you're going for but as I mentioned above it surprised me at first but over time I got used to it and without this mascara, my eyes look bare...
- Since the packaging is made out of plastic, it does look slightly cheaper, typical of Asian drugstores brands where the packaging is cute and is targeted for students.
- It is more expensive than Western drugstore brands but considering how well it works, it is worth it

Overall, this is still an amazing mascara and if it works on my straight and short Asian lashes, imagine how good it looks on those who are blessed with long, thick and naturally curled lashes.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by tofubabiee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have gone through several bottles of this mascara. It really really holds your curl. I have stick straight lashes.. and this mascara really holds the curl... it lacks volume, so i put extra coats.. but the staying power is the best... does not run.. does not budge!

i took off a lippie bc it is hard to remove, sometimes i feel like some lashes fall off bc of this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by dakota2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Today I returned home from a random trip to Vegas with friends. I admit I woke up too late to shower, and didn't want to drive home without any makeup on. So I put my hair in a ponytail and applied this mascara.
After the 5+ hour drive and before removing the mascara, I took a shower.
I sleep in my makeup (bad, I know) and usually wash my face in the shower after I shampoo and cleanse my body. This makes me come out with raccoon eyes and extra unnecessary steps in my morning routine.
NOT with this mascara! I was amazed when there was nothing running down my face! It was still there like I had just applied it. I didn't notice any difference in the curl of my lashes, but I do like the staying power!