Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation

3.0

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (0.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Talc, Silica, Nylon 12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Perfluorononyl Octyldodecyl Glycol, Grapeseedate, Polyethylene, Mother of Pearl, Topaz, Quartz, Serica (Silk), Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Dimethiconol, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylysilane, Lecithin, Alumina, Lauroyl Lysine, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 3/5/2011 2:21:00 AM

This is the first mineral cosmetics I have, and was the last. I hated it. It does not give a good coverage, and yet makes my face looking very made up and chalky. The cosmetic product also smells very weird, and I was not able to use the brush that is given to pick up the product well. Although i used my own brush, it always picked up too much of the product, as the powder is quite dense.

Blended really well and looks nice. I prefer it to the L'Oreal mineral foundation.
Like everyone else has said, the packaging is 10 different kinds of poo. I've put my product into an old LUSH moisturiser container and it's doing the job nicely. I haven't bothered with the brush that comes with the product,but I've been using my elf powder brush to apply it and that does a great job.
I've managed to find a place where I can get this for $20NZ, which is really cheap for a Revlon foundation here.
So long as this doesn't break me out (I've switched to it from liquid foundation in the hope it will help to clear up my acne) I'll repurchase.

on 2/18/2011 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I love this foundation. I generally use it as a setting powder over my liquid foundation, but will definately use it alone in the summer. It has been 75% off at CVS for weeks in my area and I have dozens of $1 off Revlon coupons, so I'm only paying $2 for these.

The packaging is totally useless, but I just bought a cheap Coty powder, dumped it and mix my Colorstay in this container. The Deep is just a smidge too dark and red and the med-deep is a little light, but when I mix them together with 1/2 a container of medium, I have the perfect shade for me in the winter. I'll use a blend of medium deep and deep for the summer.

I have bought out my 6 of my local CVS since these are discontinued, but honestly, I have enough now to mix the perfect foundation for a couple of years! Be sure to thoroughly moisturize your skin before using and you shouldn't have any 'chalky' or 'cakey' results.

Love, love LOVE this product!

on 2/15/2011 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I DESPISE this product! No matter how little you put on, it always looks cakey! Not to mention the packaging sucks! The container makes it difficult to use any other brush but the brush that comes with it sucks! It sheds like CRAZY. Thank goodness I got this 75% off even though it wasn't even worth that much.

on 2/13/2011 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

For starters, I think the thing that drew me to this was the 75% off at CVS. I thought the packaging was cute, and definitely a clever concept. However, when it came to actually using this product, it was a complete pain. I had to push the dinky little brush into the holes to get some sort of product on it. After a few uses I just gave up and shook the entire thing, only to have a bunch of powder all over the brush and the inside container space. But hey, it worked. I ended up using a different brush, because who is really going to cover their entire face with such a small brush. I love the results, I really do. My face looks nice and evenly toned. Not overwhelming and cakey. I have it in the Light Medium color and it basically looks the same on my face (maybe a tad bit lighter) as it does in the packing. Overall, a great product. Especially with the great discount.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I only bought this because of the great reduced price. The color and coverage is not too bad for a revlon product. Beware, the packaging is a PAIN. The brush is such a waste. I ended up using one of my BE brushes. As for colorstay, it did stay on pretty well for my combo skin. It felt soft on my skin.
This would make an ok purchase if you were out of town and forgot your makeup at home or if you ran out and needed something fast. Don't expect a lot from this makeup.

on 1/26/2011 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I also bought this recently from CVS at 75% off. First I tried the medium deep. Like everyone else has mentined, the packaging sucks. Luckily I had an empty loose powder container laying around from Sephora. Once I put some in there and used another kabuki brush I fell in love with the results. Over foundation it gives a nice polished finish. Worn alone it's makes my face seem more even toned. I went back to CVS and bought the deep shade for summer use since I like to go up a shade when its warmer and my skin tans.

on 1/18/2011 8:50:00 PM

I love this foundation, it never made me brake out, and it looks soooo natural, the coverage is light to medium, I applied with a kabuki brush, and not with the brush that comes in the packaging, but i thing it is better, although the brush in the packaging gives you the same look, but it just take longer. A lot of people are complaining about the packaging, well the brush it great for a packaging brush, dont get me wrong but this brush come technically for free and gives you a great aspect, but dont expect it to be a mac brush because it just ain't! This powder foundation is great to take with you on your purse, to do retouchs. It has a SPF 10, wich is nice, but the right thing is to wear everyday a SPF 30. I'm NC 15 for reference and my color is 010 or fair. It is a pink tone, but It doesn't look awkward on me at all. They say that it's up to 16 hours of use but this is bullshit, although is lasts 4 hours on a combo/oily skin without primes or retouchs. I hope my review was helpful! Have a nice day!

on 1/18/2011 6:56:00 PM

Oh my. I wanted to love this mineral foundation, too. I had difficulty with Colorstay, I had difficulty with photoready. So, I thought since my face has done well with mineral foundations, I'd try this. But, unfortunately, the color was great, the finish was beautiful . . . for about a week like each and every other Revlon foundation I've tried. I started breaking out from this one, too. Not as badly as with the colorstay or the photoready, but still broke out. I just don't do well with Revlon foundations. It makes me sad, too, as I always love the color and the finish. But, breaking out is definitely a deal breaker. Again, Sorry Revlon - this is my last foundation try for you.

on 1/15/2011 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've bought this product several times before, and each time ends with the same result. The brush always breaks off even when I just leave it at home. I have no clue why it breaks all the time. The coverage is good but wearing it alone would leave your face dry looking. (Even when you add moisturizer on your face.) The product is best used for the finishing touch instead of heavily relying on it by itself. I suggest some good foundation or concealer. I have oily skin, it doesn't cause me to break out but then again all skin types are different. Overall, a decent product but invest your money for something better.