September 20, 2014 | 1694 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by chrissygalpal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I only bought this because of the great reduced price. The color and coverage is not too bad for a revlon product. Beware, the packaging is a PAIN. The brush is such a waste. I ended up using one of my BE brushes. As for colorstay, it did stay on pretty well for my combo skin. It felt soft on my skin.
This would make an ok purchase if you were out of town and forgot your makeup at home or if you ran out and needed something fast. Don't expect a lot from this makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by blushingrose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I also bought this recently from CVS at 75% off. First I tried the medium deep. Like everyone else has mentined, the packaging sucks. Luckily I had an empty loose powder container laying around from Sephora. Once I put some in there and used another kabuki brush I fell in love with the results. Over foundation it gives a nice polished finish. Worn alone it's makes my face seem more even toned. I went back to CVS and bought the deep shade for summer use since I like to go up a shade when its warmer and my skin tans.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Jotten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation, it never made me brake out, and it looks soooo natural, the coverage is light to medium, I applied with a kabuki brush, and not with the brush that comes in the packaging, but i thing it is better, although the brush in the packaging gives you the same look, but it just take longer. A lot of people are complaining about the packaging, well the brush it great for a packaging brush, dont get me wrong but this brush come technically for free and gives you a great aspect, but dont expect it to be a mac brush because it just ain't! This powder foundation is great to take with you on your purse, to do retouchs. It has a SPF 10, wich is nice, but the right thing is to wear everyday a SPF 30. I'm NC 15 for reference and my color is 010 or fair. It is a pink tone, but It doesn't look awkward on me at all. They say that it's up to 16 hours of use but this is bullshit, although is lasts 4 hours on a combo/oily skin without primes or retouchs. I hope my review was helpful! Have a nice day!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by kmeverson

Oh my. I wanted to love this mineral foundation, too. I had difficulty with Colorstay, I had difficulty with photoready. So, I thought since my face has done well with mineral foundations, I'd try this. But, unfortunately, the color was great, the finish was beautiful . . . for about a week like each and every other Revlon foundation I've tried. I started breaking out from this one, too. Not as badly as with the colorstay or the photoready, but still broke out. I just don't do well with Revlon foundations. It makes me sad, too, as I always love the color and the finish. But, breaking out is definitely a deal breaker. Again, Sorry Revlon - this is my last foundation try for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2011 5:36:00 AM More reviews by evangelic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've bought this product several times before, and each time ends with the same result. The brush always breaks off even when I just leave it at home. I have no clue why it breaks all the time. The coverage is good but wearing it alone would leave your face dry looking. (Even when you add moisturizer on your face.) The product is best used for the finishing touch instead of heavily relying on it by itself. I suggest some good foundation or concealer. I have oily skin, it doesn't cause me to break out but then again all skin types are different. Overall, a decent product but invest your money for something better.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by LSButtercup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hated it!!! I got the dark shade and it was too red for me... I still tried it several times until it made my skin break out around the nose and chin areas and super dry on my cheeks.. The container broke, my brushes couldn't reach the powder, and so on... It went straight to the trash can

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by aquariusgirl1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

great

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by atbmeg

I had to come and change my whole review due to how much I love this product. I bought this in medium deep at Walgreens for around 3.75 because it was 75 percent off. I was not expecting to like it because of all the mixed reviews it had. The first time I put it on I used it for a finishing powder on top of my color stay, I noticed it gave a really nice airbrushed look to my skin, but it also looked extremely natural. I thought about going to get one more since I knew it was being discontinued in favor of the new mineral aqua powder that Revlon had just released. When i went outside, I couldn't stop looking at my skin I just looked so perfect. But, another day I went out and a person I was hanging out with said how my skin was glowing. That was it for me. I normally use E.L.F HD powder which I love. But this is completly different, my skin is just beautiful with it. Now mind you I do have really good skin, it is just oily (which does not bother me). This had my face as if I was about to shoot a magazine cover. Just perfectly natural. Not thick, very airy and light ( i hate thick makeup). I have never used it as only a foundation, but as a setting powder is is outstanding. I have now bought a total of 8 and may not stop until I reach twenty. I know that is a lot, but when you love a product that is everything you are looking for and then it is 75% off, you cannot beat that. I was only going to buy one and then just switch to the aqua powder. But the aqua powder is 13-15 dollars. I love this and am so happy that I got to it in time for this sale and am happy that I have found so many so far I have saved over 100 dollars on this wonderful product.

Also, the container does not bother me. I like it. I do not use the brush because it is to small. But I could care less about that. I do not use the brushes that come with make up anyway. I had not problems opening container, and wouldn't have problem if they made another one with this same container
Update:
I was bored one day and decided to try this without my liquid foundation. It looked great. I would use this during summer days when it is just to hot for liquid (but because I love liquid, I would still use it during a summer night). I can use two coatings or I began to look ashy but other then that this is a outstanding product. I would say use a concealer with this also if using it only as your foundation.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by s55565

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this for 6 dollars at Harmon's when I was on a search for quick, longwearing, easy to apply coverage for my early morning gym trips. I applied when I got into the car and loved the color. It's the light medium and is a perfect match to my NC25 skintone. One peeve is that it's SUPER drying on my skin. I've worn mineral powders before and they've never made my skin feel tight and itchy. However, it does what it says and is long lasting. It has a light-medium buildable coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by LaSirena4

Holy cow!!! I went to CVS just now just to pick up a soda and I saw that they had these for %75 off. I immediately grabbed it and I went home to makeupalley.com to see what everyone says about it...well after hearing a lot of complaining about the packaging I must say that it doesn't bother me at all...neither does the brush..just get little bits of it into the sifter at a time and you will be good...i cant even think up an emoticon epicx enough to describe how amazing this product applied onto my skin...it felt so soft and light yet te coverage was amazing!! its definately buildable but I am looking at an OMG airbrush finish on my face...I do not know how I ever skipped over this product before but now I def wont! I might go grab a couple more while they are still 75 off before they go back to $14!! Ill come back later to let u girls in on the staying power.