April 20, 2014 | 930 users online

Toners - Boots - Face rosewater toner

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by jemayhew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely smell, but broke me out...Ive decided that toners do not suit my skin and seem to make it worse

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by yfashion

I love this. I don't use it as a toner usually though. I apply it with a cotton ball and then wash it off (about 10 splashes) as suggested by "Sprout a Revolution" creator. My skin loves this. And my skin is probably the most sensitive, pickiest skin out there--meaning extrememly acne prone (any unnatural toothpaste breaks me out) and usually oily and then combination.

The lid? Not so great. But the bottle is cute. Yes, it has a small amount of alcohol denat--but the toner is organic.

Overall? Pretty great stuff if you're looking for a non chemical-laden potion that science deemed was okay to be absorbed into your skin. Oh and also--it makes your skin feel so soft and nice.

UPDATE: Does have chemicals which dried out my skin and made me break out and didn't keep me from breaking out. Thanks...not!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by ximachikenx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of rosewater so I was very excited to try this product. The packaging is really great, very clean looking and the cap is secure; excellent for reusing the bottle! However, this is a little bit pricey for a drugstore product at $7.99 for 5 oz.? I used this bottle up within a couple of months. I also feel like it doesn't clean off as much dirt as my favorite Alba hibiscus toner, but it is gentler. I would purchase again but there are probably better rosewater toners out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by emmanelson96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

GREAT product! VERY cheap for such an amazing buy! I spray this on my face after my morning shower and it makes my skin look very luminous and makes my skin so soft later in the day. I love it and will repurchase it whenever I am out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by kits4cat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this daily as a setting spray (just put into a little spray bottle from Target $.99) it has replaced my MAC Fix + and UD All Nighter setting sprays. It really takes some of the matte out of my face/I use lots of makeup and set it with powder, it is tricky to get it to look mostly like skin, but I find that this step at the end really does the trick. I use this after all makeup is on except mascara. let it dry and then mascara and out the door! I do not find it drying and the scent is light and pleasant, and fades quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by kooksfan

This smells soooo nice. I love it. So much so that I spend a good amount of time just sniffing it in the morning after cleansing my face. Uh.., on with the review. o_O
To be honest, I bought this not because i'm a fan of toners but because I wanted to have a complete set of products. Is that weird? I ran out of all of my face cleansing products recently (DDF glycolic cleanser and glycolic toner and Ambi SPF 15 moisturizer) and decided to try the Boots line of skincare since the reviews on the Target site were so positive. I also wanted to make my regimen simpler and more organic (read, not so damn expensive). I bought this toner along with the Boots foaming cleanser (the one in the tube not the one that comes in a pump), daily moisturizer, and the Alba Botanica sea enzyme scrub at my local Target. So far, I really like it. I don't think the toner does much, but I don't mind since it's the second to last step in my cleansing routine. By the time I tone, my face is pretty clean already. If you're looking for a toner that removes makeup or does anything more than refresh your face, this isn't it. It's a simple, delicious smelling, no frills toner. I've yet to use it as a spray, but that sounds like a great idea. I plan on buying three more of these before I move to college this summer, that's how much I love this product. Again, it doesn't really do much but that's why I love it. It only contains 4 ingredients, one of them being water. While cute, the packaging isn't very practical (screw top lid). It's not a big deal, though. I also like how the bottle is clear. Oh, and did I mention how heavenly this smells? ;) Hope this helps.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by lightsout91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very underrated toner. It doesn't do much, if anything, except give your skin a quick boost so I don't have a lot to say of it. I think it's a great toner in the morning if you don't feel like washing your face but still want to have a clean slate for your AM skincare/makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2011 6:34:00 AM More reviews by miamsg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

it doesn't do absolutely anything to my oily sensitive skin. i dont find it particularly refreshing, although it does smell devine

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

This is such a lovely product, both in it the sense that i find the bottle itself aesthetically pleasing on my bathroom counter (necessary, no, but a bonus,) and that it is effective for the skin. I've purchased both evian and Mac fix+ sprays and prefer the boots--I like having the option of decanting it into smaller spray bottles as I wish for travel, and also being able to keep it in its original bottle form. It's amazing in the fridge for hot summer days, refreshing powdery makeup, prepping the skin for moisturizing, and smells slightly of roses...even my SO finds it pleasing, and his skincare routine is so nonexistent. I took it to a music festival last year in the dead heat of summer (in a spray bottle,) and all my friends were begging me to borrow it. I used up nearly a full bottle in 2 days, ha. an amazing product by boots, and a staple in my routine.

Note: my bottle isn't the one pictured, but a bigger bottle that is more "vintage" looking if you will, with a different label. If I can find the product listing I will cross reference this review.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by snake_hips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a lovely rosewater and glycerin toner. I love that I have found something that is readily available at Target that is organic and inexpensive. It's a very nice refreshing toner with a light rose scent that feels very soothing after I use my Pretika brush with the cleansing lotion from the same line. I have fairly sensitive skin that is acne prone and this has been very nice and gentle.