October 1, 2014 | 1900 users online

Powder - Maybelline - Mineral Power Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Lucke23

I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my beloved Bare Mineral foundation & I picked this up on a whim. I am in the shade classic ivory & it matches my skin very well. I have been using this for about a month now & I LOVE it. I love it just as much as my bare minerals if not more because of the price. It gives great coverage & lasts a good 8 hrs for me. I haven't had any breakouts & would most def repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product to set my liquid foundation while giving me the extra coverage that I need. I tend to steer away from loose powders as it's easy to leave a mess with them, and although I've had bad luck with Maybelline's liquid foundations, I thought that this powder formulation would not give me the same problems that the liquids had given me (i.e. not holding up on my oily skin). I was terribly mistaken! The little drugstore on my campus had only two shades, and I picked Nude, the darker of the two. Although it's categorized as a "light" shade, it looked more like a "medium." I swatched the powder on my hand, and it didn't look too awful (though already a little dark), but when I brushed it on my face it immediately turned two shades darker. The other thing was that it was pink! I'm quite yellow so needless to say the resulting look was disastrous. After reading other reviews, it seems like all of the shades are cool-toned, so I guess none of them would be usable for me. What's more is that I got oily after about three hours...not what I was hoping for. The only pros I have to mention are that it did offer a good amount of coverage, and the included brush, while not amazing, actually seemed somewhat usable.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by GreatReviews

I got this in the refillable pan( different packaging). I normally use this to set my foundation and I love it! Helps to matify the oily areas and lock it the foundation! Good coverage and can be used on its own. Adore it - the only powder I rely on. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Tracyjanie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very oily skin with some dry patches (combo) and I have to say this is the best foundation I have used! Granted its the only mineral foundation I have tried but why test others when you find a great one?? I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by caliezone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG foundation!! I have acne and have tried so many foundations to cover up my acne but at the same time look natural. I picked up this foundation one day and fell in love! It looks so natural and gives a nice matte finish. It's great for oily skin! I work outside all day and it just stays. All I have to do is apply some concealer to my problem areas and brush this over and it looks supaaa good! Great foundation and would definitely recommend for people with acne prone skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by CaraDeedee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Its an okay product coverage wise, although it does get cakey very easily. The main problem I had with this is the color. I got the very lightest shade and it was still way too dark, and it also oxidises and turns bright orange and blotchy in a matter of hours. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by martel92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this powder to set my makeup and I love it! My makeup lasts all day and the powder makes my skin look very smooth. I have dry skin so it is difficult for me to find powders that don't make me all flaky, but this doesn't do that at all. That alone is enough to warrant this a good review. The one complaint I have with this product is that it is difficult to get the powder out. I really have to bang on the container to get any to come out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by mewziepie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is pretty good. i have rosacea so by the time I build up enough, it starts to look cakey. however if your skin doesn't need much coverage, you would be fine. also i have very oily skin so i get shiny after about 2 hours but that is actually better than most foundations. overall this is pretty good and i would buy it again

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by val622

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for about 3 years now since looking for a cheaper alternative to my GloMinerals base powder foundation. I find it to be very comparable at almost three times as cheap. I wear the Light 2 - Classic Ivory shade which perfectly matches my light, yellow-toned skin. Before putting it on, I individually cover any really red spots with a separate, cream concealer using a fine concealer brush. Afterward, I brush this on using a kabuki. It imparts really good coverage this way. The finish is beautiful when you first put it on. However, I must note that if you have oily skin you will start to shine within 3 hours. I've seen that after 8 hours of continuous wear it gets just SLIGHTLY blotchy on my skin, somewhat sinking into fine lines. Since I'm so in love with the finish of this product I'm willing to work around it, so I prime before putting any makeup on and maybe touch up once throughout the day if I need to, and I'll be fine. Overall this is a really good mineral powder foundation compared to most drugstore foundations. It fits my coverage needs and doesn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Laexx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great alternative to higher end mineral makeups out there! I've been using it off & on for a few years now and have never broken out from it!

One container lasts about a month of everyday use, and its makes you look great for a few hours. (Have to reapply another layer after about 4-5 hours)

The only con is it makes you look "chalky" for about an hour after you first put it on, but after then it combines very well with your natural moisture and looks TOTALLY natural!

Its so great I can even sleep in it (and often do if boyfriends are over!!!) and I STILL don't have breakouts! LOVE IT for the price!