April 17, 2014 | 1938 users online

Masks - Pangea Organics - Facial Mask - Japanese Matcha Tea with Acai & Goji Berry

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by SZQueue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never rate on samples but i got this with my Sephora order and decided to try it. Strange, gritty texture, VERY earthy smell, and then a hit of alcohol. Since the sample packet had no instructions etc I really wasn't sure what the stuff is supposed to do or what I was supposed to do with it. The S.O. asked if I'd just been rolling around in the mud. I was ready to hate this stuff and couldn't wait longer than 10 minutes to take it off. So I rinse and towel off and WOW my face feels softer than with just about any peel/mask I've used, but really MOIST as well. Not a big fan of masks but this is amazing. Will update with next use!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by benjina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

An awesome face mask that I have fallen in love with! I love the earthy smell, and the consistency makes me feel like the product is wholesome and not very processed. I wasn't sure if I would like it or not, so I got a few samples at Sephora. I used all three samples over a few weeks time, and each time I used it, I loved it a little more. This stuff is great for my oily, acne-prone skin. It leaves my skin feeling fresh, clean, and glowing. I went out and bought a big tube, and although I found it really expensive compared to other masks on the market, I couldn't stop myself from buying it. It makes me feel that good!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This earthy mask leaves my skin refined and soft. I'm a big fan of Pangea, which makes quality products using organic, healthy ingredients. The mask doesn't do anything remarkable nor does it give long-term results, but it's a great way to pamper skin naturally. I usually use it as a scrub first, then allow it to dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by vmax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I would repurchase if it was at 75% off again. I found it at Trade Secret and purchased it for under $10, well worth the money I spent. It smells earthy, is very cleansing and indeed does look like poo:) I have combo normal skin and this works as a great exfoliater..My skin feels smoother, tighter and it cleans out my pores. I have the jar, not the tube and I prefer the jar since I use a paint brush to apply on my skin. Downside is that is too expensive for what it is. I do like the Burts Bees or Boots Clay Mask better since they are comparable and cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2010 12:06:00 PM More reviews by holeinwall

I think this smells exactly like fresh carrot juice, which doesn't bother me at all. The texture and colour is interesting but I don't find it offensive - its preferable to over-refining or added colours or whatever.
I was living in Australia and bought it there at some cost - I was mainly feeling inspired by the brand generally and love the plantable boxes. I can't find it here in the UK so I won't be repurchasing it for a few years until I'm back in Aus - if I can still remember it I think I will try it again then.
I had my pot for a while and even though I hadn't had it longer than the recommended 12 months I wondered if it was going off - I found it a bit stingy and a bit 'fumey' (overscented), it made my eyes run - I hadn't used it for a while but didn't remember it having those effects the first times. I'd brought the pot with me here to the UK and my skin is much more sensitive here so that may have something to do with it too.
I usually use Natio's Face Mask Purifier to help with breakouts and skin tone and so didn't reach for this very often - I don't think it effects pimples much either way. It does have a wonderful general effect though. It takes a bit to get it off so I recommend taking this time to do some extra exfoliation which I think adds to the overall result. Skin just feels soft and glowy and so so smooth, plus quite calm. I was (pleasantly) surprised at the result every time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Can't say enough good things about this face mask. I can't live without it - makes my face looks fantastic and is just perfect. Love this product

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 5:41:00 AM More reviews by curlycuesue

I never would've found this mask had it not been for MUA. I'm not sure if it's HG status, but it's a great mask. I use it about 2x/week, leaving it on for about 20-30 minutes, and afterward I notice my pores are smaller and my skin looks taut. I usually use it at night, so the next morning, my skin appears smooth and even-toned. When the mask is on, I look like I emerged from a swamp (and kind of smell like I did, too), but I love all the healthy, wholesome, all-natural ingredients. The one thing that kinda bugs is how a few of the round seeds always end up in my hairline - no matter how much I rinse, I always find a few strays. Otherwise, this mask is definitely a twice-weekly treat for me. =D

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2009 9:11:00 PM More reviews by goldenjoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up while it was on 75% off sale at Trade Secret, otherwise I have to say I would have never paid that much for it. To me, its pricey considering you can have other natural/organic masks for cheaper. I was on an all natural organic skincare kick and I really loved the idea of a green tea mask full of antioxidants to help my skin. Unfortunately I didn't work out for me. I have very sensitive skin and I just can't handle so many plant extracts and essential oils. I have redness and rosacea around my cheeks and this mask made my face really red and it burned and irritated my skin. I left it on for 3 min and used a warm washcloth to clean it up and it stained the washcloth. Also, the smell of this mask is VERY strong and not pleasant, and I'm used to the smell of a lot of natural products and can handle more "earthy" scents. However, after I washed off the mask, my face did have a glow and was very soft. I can see how this can work out for someone with stronger skin and that is not sensitive, but it just wasn't for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Leftwing34

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mask was nice, but a tad harsh for my sensitive skin. I really try to limit exfoliating, as it irritates my rosacea, and it is almost impossible to avoid the exfoliating properties of this mask when removing. Also, it contains some strong ingredients that irritated my face as well. I think it would be a wonderful product for a heartier skin. Also, I stained several white face clothes the few times I tried it. I have passed this product along to my sister.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 8:11:00 PM More reviews by optimistjean2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE this mask! I've tried multiple kinds of masks, and I've never looked in the mirror afterwards and thought, "Wow, my skin really looks amazing." Until now. The packaging is simple; organic and natural-looking, biodegradable, and it grows into a plant if you plant it (I've never actually tried this). The mask smells very herbal; some other reviews say they're not fond of the smell, but I love it. It smells green and fresh, not perfume-y. To maximize the effects of the mask, I first cleanse my skin, then gently apply an anti-aging scrub (Dermatologica Multivitamin Thermafoliant) for 2-3 minutes. Then, I spread on the mask. I have to admit this can be a messier process than with other masks, as the mask isn't clay-like, but rather resembles plant bits ground up in mud, so it doesn't have a smooth consistency. I keep the mask on for an hour. It tends to dry up, so after about 30 minutes I remoisten with a toner (Pangea Organics French Rosemary and Sweet Orange toner). The results are immediately visible - less redness, smaller pores, moisturized, and glowing. This is definitely the best facial mask I have used. And I love that it's natural and organic!