October 23, 2014 | 1270 users online

Masks - Pangea Organics - Facial Mask - Japanese Matcha Tea with Acai & Goji Berry

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2010 12:06:00 PM More reviews by holeinwall

I think this smells exactly like fresh carrot juice, which doesn't bother me at all. The texture and colour is interesting but I don't find it offensive - its preferable to over-refining or added colours or whatever.
I was living in Australia and bought it there at some cost - I was mainly feeling inspired by the brand generally and love the plantable boxes. I can't find it here in the UK so I won't be repurchasing it for a few years until I'm back in Aus - if I can still remember it I think I will try it again then.
I had my pot for a while and even though I hadn't had it longer than the recommended 12 months I wondered if it was going off - I found it a bit stingy and a bit 'fumey' (overscented), it made my eyes run - I hadn't used it for a while but didn't remember it having those effects the first times. I'd brought the pot with me here to the UK and my skin is much more sensitive here so that may have something to do with it too.
I usually use Natio's Face Mask Purifier to help with breakouts and skin tone and so didn't reach for this very often - I don't think it effects pimples much either way. It does have a wonderful general effect though. It takes a bit to get it off so I recommend taking this time to do some extra exfoliation which I think adds to the overall result. Skin just feels soft and glowy and so so smooth, plus quite calm. I was (pleasantly) surprised at the result every time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Can't say enough good things about this face mask. I can't live without it - makes my face looks fantastic and is just perfect. Love this product

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 5:41:00 AM More reviews by curlycuesue

I never would've found this mask had it not been for MUA. I'm not sure if it's HG status, but it's a great mask. I use it about 2x/week, leaving it on for about 20-30 minutes, and afterward I notice my pores are smaller and my skin looks taut. I usually use it at night, so the next morning, my skin appears smooth and even-toned. When the mask is on, I look like I emerged from a swamp (and kind of smell like I did, too), but I love all the healthy, wholesome, all-natural ingredients. The one thing that kinda bugs is how a few of the round seeds always end up in my hairline - no matter how much I rinse, I always find a few strays. Otherwise, this mask is definitely a twice-weekly treat for me. =D

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2009 9:11:00 PM More reviews by goldenjoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up while it was on 75% off sale at Trade Secret, otherwise I have to say I would have never paid that much for it. To me, its pricey considering you can have other natural/organic masks for cheaper. I was on an all natural organic skincare kick and I really loved the idea of a green tea mask full of antioxidants to help my skin. Unfortunately I didn't work out for me. I have very sensitive skin and I just can't handle so many plant extracts and essential oils. I have redness and rosacea around my cheeks and this mask made my face really red and it burned and irritated my skin. I left it on for 3 min and used a warm washcloth to clean it up and it stained the washcloth. Also, the smell of this mask is VERY strong and not pleasant, and I'm used to the smell of a lot of natural products and can handle more "earthy" scents. However, after I washed off the mask, my face did have a glow and was very soft. I can see how this can work out for someone with stronger skin and that is not sensitive, but it just wasn't for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Leftwing34

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mask was nice, but a tad harsh for my sensitive skin. I really try to limit exfoliating, as it irritates my rosacea, and it is almost impossible to avoid the exfoliating properties of this mask when removing. Also, it contains some strong ingredients that irritated my face as well. I think it would be a wonderful product for a heartier skin. Also, I stained several white face clothes the few times I tried it. I have passed this product along to my sister.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 8:11:00 PM More reviews by optimistjean2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE this mask! I've tried multiple kinds of masks, and I've never looked in the mirror afterwards and thought, "Wow, my skin really looks amazing." Until now. The packaging is simple; organic and natural-looking, biodegradable, and it grows into a plant if you plant it (I've never actually tried this). The mask smells very herbal; some other reviews say they're not fond of the smell, but I love it. It smells green and fresh, not perfume-y. To maximize the effects of the mask, I first cleanse my skin, then gently apply an anti-aging scrub (Dermatologica Multivitamin Thermafoliant) for 2-3 minutes. Then, I spread on the mask. I have to admit this can be a messier process than with other masks, as the mask isn't clay-like, but rather resembles plant bits ground up in mud, so it doesn't have a smooth consistency. I keep the mask on for an hour. It tends to dry up, so after about 30 minutes I remoisten with a toner (Pangea Organics French Rosemary and Sweet Orange toner). The results are immediately visible - less redness, smaller pores, moisturized, and glowing. This is definitely the best facial mask I have used. And I love that it's natural and organic!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by iridescent500

It really does what it says: leaves your skin noticeably soft and glowing. My mom told me I should use a different mask when she first saw me put it on, but after i rinsed the mask off... she said wow.. your skin looks a lot better..
what more can i say?
i'm definitely gonna buy another one after it runs out.
the only con is that you look like a green monster when you have it on.
oh and you can actually plant the box packaging! i haven't tried it yet.. but will after i finish using it

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 10:18:00 AM More reviews by smarie22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best mask I have ever used. I look like the Creature from the Blue Lagoon when I have it on (my kids and SO freaked out last night when they saw the green mud/grass smeared all over my face and neck), but I don't care. This is the most soothing and refreshing mask. It is heaven. I love the packaging--can't wait to plant the box. This product truly delivers--it exfoliates, soothes, tightens, tones and clarifies all without irritation. I highly highly recommend this mask. It's well worth the money. I look forward to putting this on each week. It is expensive and not very big--but if used once a week, this should last between 3 and 6 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 9:56:00 AM More reviews by eleanorch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have read the reviews here on MUA and have saved money and potentially avoided costly mistakes. I have bought some products that I would not have even known about if not for you reviewers. So I thought Id contribute too and hopefully others can make some informed choices as I have. I'm really impressed with this.

This smells like the nicest, most intense, relaxing mask I have had the pleasure to try. Ive used it a few times now and well, so far so good. When you open the jar it looks like tea leaves mixed with green mud however it smells simply divine. I rubbed some on me face and then washed it off after about 20 minutes as I fell asleep with the glorious scent and my skin was smooth and soft after. If you can get your hand on it buy it! I got it from Trade Secret in Chattanooga for $34 +tax.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by bellochio

Wow! I love this product. Most of the reviews I read were absolutely glowing and now that I this mask is part of my life, so is my skin! I totally recommend this product to everyone. It may be a little much for very sensitive skin, but it is a fabulous product. It really does do "everythig" you could ever want from a mask: exfoliates, mosturizes, tones, makes pores smaller. I see an absolute difference after using the product. It's difficult to use it only once a week because it's that good. I will always use this product.