July 26, 2014 | 1872 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Applehead09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Works great. Price is too high. Most dupes work just as well. Won't be repurchasing because of price.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by krissyjolene

I was an avid MAC make up girl for years and I ventured to Sephora after the eye primer at MAC stopped working for me. I purchased this first based on the SA recommendation. It didn't work for me....my entire eyelid would be creased after a few hours and it looked greasy too. I used so many different combos to try and make it work....face primer on my lids, no face primer, light powder before the eye primer, no primer but nothing worked for me. I returned it to Sephora after testing various combos for about two weeks and finally resorting that it just wasn't my product. I've heard good things about this product but it just didn't work for me sadly.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by tabithaspike

I have oily eyelids so my eye makeup tends to slide off by the end of the day. This really helps, eyeshadow is just as good in the PM as it was in the PM. Lightweight formula doesn't make my lids feel heavy or greasy. Very smooth and easy to apply. A little goes a long way so the tube lasts a good while.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2014 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Ravenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this! It just refuses to spread on my eye area. And applying any makeup over this primer makes the make up cake so bad. My skin might be too dry for it? I don't know. Sigh. Also causes my make up to crease so bad. Smells super bad too. Do not recommend. Update: I applied moisturizer around my eyes and then tried this primer. It spreads easier. However, eye makeup still cakes/creases and it still smells so bad that it makes me gag!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by ellietsaki

this product is amazing!!I have realy oily lids and i have some huge issues with my eyeshadows and my eyeliners as well..After 8 hours my eyeliner and my eyeshadow were intact!!! A HG product for me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by bluedestiny4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received a sample-size of this product in a set that I purchased from Sephora a couple of months ago. You don't need to use a lot, so I can already tell that the sample is going to last me a while.

I find that the product is kind of thick. When I put a small amount on my lids, the product leaves a grayish cast on my lids, so I have to be careful and work it into my lids with my fingertip, but not be too rough.

My eyeshadow does last for quite some time when wearing this primer. I will give it that positive note. It has given my eyeshadows some extra hours of wear time.

Overall, this is a good product. I had heard of it before, but wasn't pressed to buy it all by itself. Will I purchase it again when the tube runs out? Probably not. Why? The price is rather high, and I am on a budget.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by ninaeaster

I got a sample of this in my too face 15th anniversary palette. This is a good eye primer. Does not crease and helps eye shadow stay put all day. The consistency is easy to blend on the eyelid and you do not need much at all. After seven months the product started to separate and when I would squeeze the tube an oily substance would come out first. Also I have found several eye primers from the drugstore that do as good a job for much less.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like it but I noticed that it creases on my eye lids just after few hours. I barely see the eye shadows and after few hours they are almost gone (or maybe I had bad eye shadows (Urban Decay Naked palette).
I have much better results when using Mac eye shadow base than this. Will return.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by erintotheizzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Hands down the best I've used- I actually prefer this to Urban Decay's, which is also awesome. Zero creasing. Bolder and opaque eyeshadow appearance. Great texture. A little goes a long way and it lasts forever. I like using a little around the inner corners to brighten as well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by albs

I've used a few different eye primers and they all work for me fairly well. This has been the worst one. I think that maybe they have mucked with the formula a little bit because I bought it on the raves and recommendations of others. I have a regular size and a mini that came in a set, and they both suffer from the same issues. It separates. I have to be very cognizant to shake it up and massage the tube before I use it or else a bunch of liquid squeezes out. Gross. And it stinks, so so badly. Like play-doh or plasticine or something. I thought that my tube had gone off even though it's only a few months old, but my mini which I've had for even less time has the same odour. It keeps my eyeshadows on fairly well, but I HAVE to make sure that I run my finger over my eyelid after I've applied it and it's dried, otherwise it creases (and you can't tell, because it's clear at this point), and when I apply it I get a darker line of eyeshadow right in my crease. Bizarre and annoying. This isn't cheap so I'm really unimpressed. Two lippies because it does keep my eyeshadow on if I baby it enough.