January 28, 2015 | 1892 users online

Powder - Mary Kay - Mineral Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by melimoe

I been using this foundation for a month now, this is the first mineral foundation i have tried, i have tried everything from Revlon colorstay to Makeup Forever. Now that being said, I love this foundation! I have pretty heavy acne scaring left behind by cystic acne, this foundation by its self doesnt cover much, but with my hard candy glamflouge concealer, its amazing!!, i need to prime my skin since I do have fairly oily skin and it wouldnt hold on. I have this on beige 1, now at first i thought it was too dark, since the makeup lady, applied this on me with a very VERY heavy hand, but when i got home and applied it more lightly it was a pretty good match
overall this foundation is great for those who have good skin and just need a light coverage, or for those who have a concealer and this is a way to set it!!, im not very crazy about the price either, i believe its more on the expensive side

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by JodiK60

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for years (as said in all my other reviews about all the makeup I have used for so long) and my mom introduced me to it. I buy it from a Mary Kay saleswoman and Mary Kay products have worked amazing for me. Love this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by misscherstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yesterday was my first time ever using foundation in general, Ive never had anything to really cover up on my face so ive never had to use it. I have seen onmy friends face's though how liquid foundation appears dry and cakey. I tried this last night at mary kays color clinic and i fell head over heels, i couldnt believe how it evened out my skin tone and made a flawless appearance! All the ladies there were saying how great my face looked. I put it on this morning and as soon as i got to work people said my face was glowing.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by toriturtle158

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall "OK" foundation. I have this in Beige 0.5. Matches my skin tone nicely. The problems I have with it are as follows:

1. A little cakey, especially when applying around the nose!
2. Hard to blend out! If you get an orange spot on your face, it's hard to spread it out evenly to get rid of that "carrot" face.
3. On the pricey side, got mine for $14.
4. Powder spills every where when you try to get a little bit out of the jar, a little messy.
5. Can only buy online or from a consultant.

But there are upsides:
1. A lot of foundation in one jar, will take forever to run out (Unless of course you want to run out because you don't like it!).
2. Doesn't irritate skin or clog pores.
3. Has SPF of 15.

Like I said before, it's an OK foundation, not great for dry skin like mine, more for oily skin types. Will not repurchase mainly because of price and not readily available. I most likely will buy a liquid foundation next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by ccj36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used MK Mineral Powder Foundation off and on for about 5 years. (I am fickle when it comes to foundation) I've noticed that I've reached for this foundation more often in the past year than my other MMU. It does not provide as much coverage as Alima or Bare Minerals, but that has been a plus for me lately as I have noticed that the tiny lines around my eyes are more pronounced when I wear the heavier MMU. I usually apply this over either a sunscreen or a light tinted moisturizer that contains sunscreen (I use CG Tinted Moisturizer; MK sells a TM, but it is a little thick for my taste.) It looks better after it has been on your skin for awhile than it does when first applied. I've used both Ivory 1 and Ivory 2, and they both have pink undertones, which works for my cool-toned skin. I use the MK brush. If thicker coverage is what you're after, this may not be your preference, but if you just want light coverage that applies quickly, smoothly, and evenly, give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by CynthiaAlva

I'm in love with this powder. It is on the pricey side but its worth it! I have to say it looks better on darker skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by DeborahTX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used Mary Kay products going on 24 years. (Gasp). I had left the foundations because the shade match didn't work for me, and also I didn't like the newer formulas. I've been using Prescriptives Flawless for a few years, but that was discontinued. I have a few bottles of Prescriptives, but thought I'd try the MK mineral foundation on a whim.
Actually, I'm loving the mineral foundation! I'm very surprised that the color match (Ivory 2) is so good, and also that the coverage and look is what want too. I use MK oil mattifier and then Smashbox Photofinish primer before any foundation. The mineral powder foundation seems to control mid-day shine better than liquid, and the coverage stays put too. Quite surprised and pleased. Consider this if you are looking for a change!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by scarletjohnson

The Mary Kay mineral foundation is amazing! It has the natural look that mineral make up provides and wears naturally and shine free on my skin all day long! I could not be happier everyone should give this mineral makeup a try. Plus, besides being a better product the price is much less than Bare Minerals at only $18.00!! Everyone needs to try this product! The best place I have found to order this product is from this Mary Kay Consultant website, she does not charge shipping! Here is the website! www.marykay.com/camilleharbaugh

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by QuilleyReturns

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

I used this a few times before giving it away to my neighbor. It's just not a quality product, IMO. The shades are off, meaning that the darker shades are pink based, which is crazy. It became very obvious at the jaw line in natural sunlight. It also broke me out. The brush that comes with it is rough on the skin and does not do a good job of properly distributing the product. I'll stick to the other foundations.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2012 3:32:00 AM More reviews by amlheureux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a recommendation from an amazing consultant who has never steered me wrong in the past. Since I have wanted to try the mineral thing for a while, I figured I would go for it. I have to say that based on my experience with this product, I'm not really buying into the hype. I have this in Ivory 2 and it just seems very chalky and doesn't provide much coverage at all. At best, this evens out my skin-tone but nothing else. I didn't completely pan it because I do think you get a decent amount of product for the price, but I definitely won't be repurchasing this. Also, the brush is not included in the price of the foundation.