December 18, 2014 | 1687 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Boots - No7 Shine Free Make-Up Base

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this product, but I don't use it too often. The only reason why I don't reach for it more often, is because I'm able to control my oil with Milk of Magnesia, pretty well.
However, this product lasts a really long time ( I've had mine for almost two years), because you don't need much. I wouldn't recommend this if you have dry or combination skin. The consistency is so thick and dry, it will probably only really work on oily skin, because it will really accentuate any dry spots.
Sometimes I mix this with my Smashbox primer, and it gives me a pretty nice makeup base.
By itself, I wouldn't really use it as a "base," but more of an oil control product only.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by beyondtheskyline

I've read many reviews on this saying how its too think a consistency however I found mines and thought I'd have a little go. What i found worked was after using your moisturiser i applied a small amount of primer on my index finger applied it to parts of face which is more oily ( mines seems to be my cheeks, nose, and forehead- i have a fringe) after i gently rubbed it in and waited for a couple of minutes, then i used a liquid foundation ( True match-L'oreal) and applied it using a stippling brush( real techniques) and buffed it in. I think by using this method of applying foundation doesn't cause the primer to clump, stretch, or look horrible as your not spreading the foundation over your face, you're buffing it in which makes such a difference. Also i bought That Gal by benefit and i would say this wins hands down, half the price and i can see the difference.

Hope this helped and invest in a stippling brush...!
xx

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2012 8:18:00 AM More reviews by amber92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As everyone else says on here, yes it is hard to blend in.
ive found a way to make it work though. even if you have oily skin use an oil free moisturiser and then put the primer on bit by bit on the most oily parts of your face. eg, nose, forehead etc. dont put it on your cheeks because then it is hard to blend and will look patchy.
but i do recommend it because it does keep shine at bay for like 2-3hours for me anyway!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by YCH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this some time ago when I had a No7 voucher and put it to one side for the odd day when I need foundation to last for ages in the heat, but was put off it by other reviewers.
HOWEVER, I'm currently acting in a local panto and used it last night for several hours under stage lights and my (old and slightly too dark) foundation looked fantastic at the end of the evening. I applied it about half an hour before my make-up, did not use moisturiser as my skin is so oily already. It is of a thick consistency and I have no experience of other primers, but that foundation would definitely have oxidised and gone shiny without it, so I'm happy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 2:18:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

problem one It literally has the consistency of toothpaste and feels like it on my skin.I found that it wasn't even able to give an even constancy going on my face so it my foundation application impossible.It was really matifying when you could get it on thin enough but it just wasn't worth the price or the trouble.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by SFlove89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this product, but it simply does not sit well on the skin (well at least it doesn't on mine). It has amazing staying power and looks great when first applied, but after two or three hours I end up blotting my face... AND after doing so, my skin looks cracked and looks like it has a bunch of dry patches! I do suffer from severe acne, but now that I am taking medication for it my skin is almost crystal clear. I exfoliate two to three times a week so I don't understand why my face ends up looking cracked and dry with this primer. I've used many primers and have never had this problem up until now. This primer has a very tacky consistency so don't expect it to glide on smoothly.. even with moisturizer. I've tried applying moisturizer right before applying the primer and that didn't help.. So I tried waiting thirty minutes then applying the primer and that didn't help either. Either way, you have to work extremely quick because it dries up in seconds. Not working it quickly into the skin, it will clump up and start rubbing off when touched. I wouldn't recommend this primer but it can be used as a eye shadow primer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 5:41:00 AM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Agree with other reviews in that it's not a great face primer - and it smells AWFUL - but it works fairly well for eyeshadow, though it does leave a slight white colour if you miss applying any shadow to it. Honestly I didn't expect much as it's really cheap, and I didn't get it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by daniellealexandra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have a love/hate relationship with this primer, in the sense that I'm not overly keen on it but I have no idea what other primer to try.

It says to use with moisturiser but my face gets really shiny so I try not to moisturise my face too often.

Putting it on without moisturiser however is difficult -- it's quite difficult to spread and sometimes leaves streaks which are hard to blend.

It's a great eyelid primer though, and the colour really shows up.

I always buy this one because it's the only one I know and I'm looking to try a new one that's probably cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by cariad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'd have to echo previous reviews and say that this is useless as a face primer. It's thick, difficult to spread around the face and makes foundation application difficult, if not impossible.

However, I've found that it is useful as an eyeshadow primer if I use it without applying moisturiser/foundation to my eyelids first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I don't really understand what others have said here - I've experienced absolutely no problems with this product at all. It doesn't 'ball up' when applied and as far as my face is concerned, is really easy to apply. I put this on after I've applied my moisturiser, but perhaps this is where I differ. I usually apply my moisturiser straight after my shower and then apply this when I do my makeup, which is usually at least 30 minutes later. Perhaps that's the secret?! Either way, I LOVE this product. A little goes a long way, and although I wouldn't say my face stays shine-free all day, it's definitely not as shiney as it would be without it. I would definitely recommend this and will be buying again.