Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Relief Moisture Cream

3.4

ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), cetearyl alcohol, hydrogenated polyisobutene, butylene glycol, glycerin, sucrose, isostearyl palmitate, peg-100 stearate, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, polygonum cuspidatum root extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract/extrait d?orge, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract, cetearyl glucoside, camellia sinensis (yellow tea) leaf extract, aspalathus linearis (red tea) leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, methyl glucose sesquistearate, camellia sinensis (white tea) leaf extract, yeast extract/faex/extrait de levure, algae extract, caffeine, sodium lauroyl oat amino acids, hydrogenated lecithin, polyethylene, glyceryl stearate, salicylic acid, cholesterol, linoleic acid, acetyl carnitine hcl, glycine, inulin, tromethamine, decarboxy carnosine hcl, phytosphingosine, glycosaminoglycans, cetyl alcohol, tocopheryl acetate, bisabolol, squalane, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, behenyl alcohol, carbomer, silica, disodium edta, potassium sorbate, phenoxyethanol, blue 1 (ci 42090), yellow 5 (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), mica.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I feel like Clinique gets a bad rap around here, and I'm not sure what the problem is: bad advice from untrained SAs, people misunderstanding the products, or I'm just lucky.

Anyhow, I bought this on a whim, as I was buying a metric sh*tton of products in the months leading up to my elopement (horrible idea, I know).

Here are the bads:
- the smell. I think another reviewer mentioned that this smells like cucumbers or the spa or something, but it's far too synthetic smelling. It's not godawful, but it IS unpleasant. Fortunately the smell fades quickly.
- the jar. I generally don't like jars, not because of the germ aspect, but because I can't guarantee I use the same amount of product each time. I like the precision of a pump.

Here are the goods:
- it doesn't break me out.
- it actually soothes the redness and splotchiness in my skin.
- it gives my combo/oily but winter-dehydrated skin some balanced moisture.
- it lasts a while, about three and a half months.

If you have bad rosacea, this isn't going to change your life -- though if you have bad rosacea then you probably already know that no product is going to make all the redness go away.

If you have dry (not just dehydrated) skin, this probably won't be enough moisture for you.

But if you have combo/oily skin with redness (either from harsh products like AHAs or retinols or just general splotchiness, both of which are applicable in my situation), this is a fine choice. I will probably repurchase.

Made my redness worse and broke me out.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I recently bought the redness solutions cleanser and asked for a sample to try of the daily relief cream. I've used this cream for a couple of days now on my combination and redness prone skin, and whilst it doesnt make my skin red at all (I suffer from reactive redness rather than persistant) my face feels tight and dehydrated when I have this cream on. My face is fine without it on, so I know it's this cream and not the possibility that it's my skin that is dry. I am glad I only got a sample! I just hope the cleanser will be ok for me (I have only used that once so far but seemed ok) Get a sample first if you can!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this as a gift and was so excited because at the time I experienced facial redness daily and was quite upset about it. But it didn't help even a little. It was simply a moisturizer which wasn't great for me.

Maybe didn't worsen things but that's not the opoint of it. Got the yellow powder as well and was equally excited. The powder made my skin redder and itchy. I have tried it over and over, same results. The cream was such a let down given the cost so even though it was a gift, being so costly I expected more from it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Iīm very disappointed with this product!
The salesperson highly recommended this cream for my couperosa prone, dry and sensitive skin. Luckily I took a sample and did not buy the cream, because it just didnīt fit my skin. Though I have a sensitive skin, very few products make it more red and "hot", usually most products just donīt moisturize enough. But this cream really made my face hot, red and itchy! It was very uncalming! I tried this cream for a couple of days, and every day the same happened. When I stopped using this, my skin became normal again. So, though itīs ment to be calming and reliefing, for me it certainly was not.

Otherwise the cream was ok, it didnīt smell bad and it had a nice, creamy texture.

this product works 30 seconds after I apply it, the redness is almost all gone and it really moisturizes my skin , but it feels a "little" thick on my skin. So I try to use it as little as possible.

I LOVE this product. I have mild rosacea and the whole Clinique Redness line has been amazing. I have defnitely notice my redness decreasing and my skin feels fantastic! Clinique really makes amazing products that do not irritate your skin at all. I was using Biotherm before and it was causing rosacea flushes and burning my skin. While this product is a bit pricey, it is worth every penny! I have never been so happy.

Wanted this b/c at my age, my old-lady drinking habits were starting to show on my skin. I got way more than redness calming! This cured my oily-dehydrated problem. Way more beneficial than I bargained for. And it works (for the claim, anyway). Less red, less oily, less dry...more happy!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

When I first tried this my skin was in bad shape and I thought it didn't give enough moisture,but after two weeks I was a believer. If I don't use it under the (green) protective base,which is also a primer,my skin is much drier and I don't get as nice of a look as I do with using the 3 step skin care. Love this product now...but remember it doesn't work over nite,it needs at least a faithful two weeks to make a difference. I am a customer for life.

I did not noticed any improvement of the redness on my skin at all, and I don't even have big issues like rosacea. Don't know why everyone else thinks it's a miracle cream. It's a good moisturizer before makeup though, but expensive considering it does the same job as any other face moisturizer.