Clinique Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser

3.3

ingredients: water/aqua/eau, squalane, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenyl trimethicone, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, avena sativa (oat) kernel extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract/extrait d?orge, sucrose stearate, sea whip extract, cholesterol, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), acetyl glucosamine, ppg-20 methyl glucose ether, caffeine, propylene glycol dicaprate, caprylyl glycol, stearic acid, sodium chloride, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, polyaminopropyl biguanide, yellow 5 (ci 19140), green 5 (ci 61570), blue 1 (ci 42090).

on 2/14/2013 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have reactive sensitive skin with redness. After reading the good reviews on this I (stupidly) bought it. The plus point on the cleanser is that I found it removed a full face of makeup and my zinc sunscreen (I used it on dry skin, massaged and rinsed) However, the bad points are that it left a weird film on my face and I also had a slight burning sensation even after washing it off. I had a few flat red spots crop up during use, which is irritation. Not recommended at all.

on 2/12/2013 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is an ok cleanser for dry skin. It cleanses the skin and make up well, but that´s all.
I have mild couperosa on my nose and cheeks, and some redness here and there, and I hoped that this cleanser could help to even the redness a little bit. Well, it doesn´t. It cleanses my skin, leaves it hydrated and calm, but doesn´t help with the redness.

Waste of money, I think.

on 1/21/2013 10:17:00 AM

I got caught up in the SAs explanation of how wonderful this cleanser was. She said it removes all of her makeup, including mascara and makes her face feel wonderful afterwards.

First off, it DOES NOT remove all of my make-up, especially mascara. I had to re-wash my face with my normal cleansing oil to remove the mascara that was completely unphased by the clinique cleanser.

Second, I hate how this makes my skin feel. It feels like it never fully washes off and I'm left with a very thick filmy feeling. I feel like I always need to follow-up with another cleanser that will make my face feel clean.

I've seen no visible signs of the slight redness on my cheeks going away.

This is being returned.

I was recently diagnosed with mild rosacea and the cleanser I was using was causing my face to get extremely irritated and burn. This product has been a life saver! It is gentle and cleanses well if you follow the directions. I am super impressed with how much my redness has improved over the last few weeks and will continue to buy and use this cleanser.

on 11/1/2012 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have now tried all of the redness solution products and love the cleanser! It will calm your skin,even on your worse days... The only product in this line I could not use was the powder,because it irritated my skin,but other than that the 3 step skin care has made a world of difference.The foundation is the first in years that did not break me out I have Rosacea(mild) and very sensitive skin. I would recommend this product to people of all skin types.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I absolutely LOVED this face wash it helped my face out so much. after going to the derm, they destroyed my face with all the chemicals that nothing would sooth and clean my face at the same time. However, this product did. I loved it so much until my acne came back in full force, which makes sense since I was not using wash to treat the acne. but i will say if my face is ever dry to that point again i will deff go back to using this face wash for a few days.When I was using the Kit at the time. I received the wash, lotion and a toner. a sample and/or trial pack ( Don't remember the name of it ) will most likely last you a week if you don't over use your face lotion and wash.

on 6/18/2012 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This cleanser is really nothing special. I've used high end and drugstore quality cleansers and this is not worth the extra money. It's priced at $21.50(USA) and for that price, I was expecting much better quality and results. I don't really have major redness issues, so that may be why I did not see miraculous results. As with any product, it may work better for others. I returned this to Sephora and will not repurchase.

on 6/14/2012 10:58:00 AM

I love this product! I got an allergic attack a few months ago, and I went to my clinique counter and asked if I should stop using the anti-blemish line now when my skin was so dry and irritated. She told me to stop using anti-blemish and recommended this product instead. I got a HUGE sample, I used it and my skin not only calmed down but cleared up in just a week! It doesn't leave my skin feeling dry like other products do. Now I use this every morning as a more gentle cleanser after sleeping, and my skin doesn't break out as much as before even though I've had pretty bad acne problems.

on 4/10/2012 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best cleanser for redness by far. Have tried MANY others including Estée Lauder Verite. This product works even better if you gently wipe off with a warm muslin cloth that has been washed on high temperature (muslin cloths are too scratchy when freshly bought but work well when washed. Always wash them in a non-bio like Persil non-bio as low in fragrance too, and on a high temperature to avoid irritation). Clinique really have delivered on this product. You should give it 30 days as your skin will take a few weeks to adapt and you need to let your skin go trough it's natural 28 day exfoliating cycle. The ingredients are all gentle - nothing irritating in here. If you have sensitive/red skin AVOID products with essential oils and definitely AVOID sodium laurel/layrel sulphate. You will be surprised if you read the ingredients list of how many premium and sensite skin care products contain this as a foaming agent

on 2/29/2012 4:08:00 PM

I have mild rosacea, and I really like using this. It was recommended to me by a friend with a similar issue with diffuse redness. My skin isn't irritated by it. Would repurchase.