Chanel Le Blanc de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Base

3.9

Ingredients: aqua, ethylhexyl palmitate, talc, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclopentasiloxane, silica, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel extract) water, propylene glycol, glycerin, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, aluminium hydroxide, butylene glycol, alcohol, phenoxyethanol, tribehenin, silica dimethyl silyate, methylparaben, disteardimonium hectorite, propylparaben, fragrance, BHT, laminaria digitata extract, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, disodium stearoyl glutamate, citric acid, sodium hyaluronate, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, denatonium benzoate, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), mica.

on 3/26/2013 8:07:00 PM

This is a must have for me! I was a little creeped out when my make up artist first presented it to me because it was white as a French manicure. I thought "how the hell will this look good on anyone???" I was so very wrong. It was wonderful. It goes perfectly over my daily serum and moisturizer to make my face hydrated but ready to have make up put on! Once my make up is on it is set in place and doesn't move around or sink into my pores. I know that this base is the reason for this and would recommend it I anyone an everyone!

on 2/1/2013 2:24:00 PM

Okay so this is the first primer i've ever used and so far I am really enjoying it. Because it's my first primer i don't have much to compare it to but it seems to do the job well. As i'm only 13 i don't really need a lot of heavy makeup so i like to use this as an illuminating glow on my skin, sometimes i mix it in with my Dior BB Cream which just gives me more coverage and more of a dewy complexion.

So i wear this nearly everyday and it really evens out your skin tone - I get a lot of blemishes but this really helps, if i wear BB Cream then it helps it last longer and it really helps give you that healthy glow! Yes it is quite pricey and the little pot it comes in means it's difficult to get to but I honestly recommend it! X

on 1/24/2013 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I like to think of this as "The Grande Dame of makeup primers". . This Dowager of Chanel's Le Blanc line has become a mainstay in my beauty routine..an HG, If I may dare say so. Primers being what they are, often make huge claims but perform mediocre at best. Not this one. It does exactly as it claims. My main issues are pores and redness, both of the genetic sort, and this product solves both issues. It softens fine lines and my makeup glides on beautifully when I use it (which is every day). While wearing it I have even ventured outside without foundation...which is unheard of for me. It illuminates without the disco ball effect of most "illuminating" primers, and my skin glows healthy, even, and smooth. Le Blanc de Chanel, a few swipes of Chanel Stylo eclat highlighting pen ( I much prefer it over YSL Touche Eclat) , a light blush, and Lumiere De'Artifices...and I'm glowing...not sparkly glittery, teenage dream glowing...but elegantly subtly glowing, reminiscent of the movie stars of yesteryear. For a gal with flat, dry, red, blotchy Irish skin...that's a HUGE lot to fill!
Please note that yes..the packaging sucks....BAD...but honestly, it's worth the effort to just find a method of extracting it from the bottle that works for you. You also have to be light handed with this magical milky liquid, because if applied too thick, it will give a white cast. Other than that, happy priming, you'll be glad you treated yourself to this product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

everything that piripiri said was absolute nails. I have only tried it with the Chanel Perfection foundation and I really like it. Loved the flawless appearance with my skin. I use a little grapeseed oil on my skin as a serum for moisturizing and works really well.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product. I bought it to cover my rosy cheeks and nose and that is what it does perfectly. I have tried other products in the past and they never worked. I only use it on my red areas then I use Benefit Porefessional as a primer all over my face. Not sure why it would matter if it makes your face white since you are supposed to apply your make up over it. I don't have any issues with the bottle I think it is just fine the way it is. I will continue to repurchase.

on 1/2/2013 11:05:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Good product that does what it says it will, illuminates the skin and gives a natural sheen and glow to the skin which is neither shiny or glittery. Like the light smell and consistency but the packaging is terrible. It gets very messy despite the useless spatula provided, which can easily be misplaced. A lot of the product is wasted by getting stuck to the inside of cap and around the mouth of the bottle which is a shame since I am paying a hefty price for the product. For the poor packaging alone I would not purchase this again. Big shame as it is good product.

on 9/26/2012 5:45:00 PM

Makes me look as white as a ghost. I do not get the "dewy" look at all with this product. I am totally disappointing considering Chanel is one of my favourite make up brands and also the price tag. Also no SPF so cannot b worn alone. No pump so lots of wasted product.

Would I repurchase? No.

on 9/9/2012 9:30:00 AM

It's taken me ages to decide if I like this or not, and in truth I'm still not completely convinced.

If my skin is even slightly dry, then this seems to highlight and exacerbate any flakiness. But if my skin is in fairly good condition, then if used under a light base (usually Omorovicza complexion enhancer, or a bb cream), then it makes my skin look loads better than it really is - it seems to even out lumps and bumps, and give my skin a glow that I can't achieve with a base alone.

With the exception of the flakiness enhancement issue, I'd say it's definitely better than Laura Mercier foundation primer and Guerlain L'or Radiance concentrate in terms of the finish you can achieve.

One niggling issue is that I'm not yet sure my skin is completely happy with this product - i.e. a few times when I've worn this, I've had nasty breakouts the next day. I've still to work out whether it's the product, or just coincidence.

So all in all, I'd definitely recommend it if you've got generally good skin that isn't particularly sensitive. If you're a bit acne prone, like me, I'd recommend it for special occasions - but I'm not sure about daily wear.

on 9/7/2012 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is a pretty good foundation base. Some people are referring to this as a primer and expecting it to act as one. It is not a primer, it is a base, there is a difference. Ths will not fill in wrinkles and lines like a primer but it will blur and diffuse them by reflecting light. It lays down a canvas for foundation by mattifying the skin and not letting oils break through. It illuminates nicely and works really well with a primer. I use this mostly on my two oldest daughters, 9 and 11, for pageants and dance competitions. It really helps any foundation hold up longer and controls " shiny face". I am not quite sure how the one reviewer below me could call the packaging unsanitary, the product comes with a spatula to remove as much as needed each use. If you choose not to use the supplied spatula, that is hardly the fault of the product or manufacturer, but rather the user. This comes in a glass bottle as many of Chanels products do, with the standard Chanel black cap.It is a great overall base if that is what you are looking for. If you are looking for illumination you will like this as well. If you are looking for a primer or want something that does it all and dont want to add a primer, you may not be happy with this. I will continue to repurchase.

on 7/25/2012 4:15:00 AM

I love this base so much! I tried it at a Myer store after a long tired day. My face looked so tired, but after i put this base on my face, my skin turned to be lighter and full of vitality. It also smell so great with a gentle rose scent. Although this product was introduced for oily skin but its not really good at control oil on my face.