September 2, 2014 | 1854 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Chanel - Le Blanc de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Base

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2012 9:30:00 AM More reviews by DitDitter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's taken me ages to decide if I like this or not, and in truth I'm still not completely convinced.

If my skin is even slightly dry, then this seems to highlight and exacerbate any flakiness. But if my skin is in fairly good condition, then if used under a light base (usually Omorovicza complexion enhancer, or a bb cream), then it makes my skin look loads better than it really is - it seems to even out lumps and bumps, and give my skin a glow that I can't achieve with a base alone.

With the exception of the flakiness enhancement issue, I'd say it's definitely better than Laura Mercier foundation primer and Guerlain L'or Radiance concentrate in terms of the finish you can achieve.

One niggling issue is that I'm not yet sure my skin is completely happy with this product - i.e. a few times when I've worn this, I've had nasty breakouts the next day. I've still to work out whether it's the product, or just coincidence.

So all in all, I'd definitely recommend it if you've got generally good skin that isn't particularly sensitive. If you're a bit acne prone, like me, I'd recommend it for special occasions - but I'm not sure about daily wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Jillybean04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a pretty good foundation base. Some people are referring to this as a primer and expecting it to act as one. It is not a primer, it is a base, there is a difference. Ths will not fill in wrinkles and lines like a primer but it will blur and diffuse them by reflecting light. It lays down a canvas for foundation by mattifying the skin and not letting oils break through. It illuminates nicely and works really well with a primer. I use this mostly on my two oldest daughters, 9 and 11, for pageants and dance competitions. It really helps any foundation hold up longer and controls " shiny face". I am not quite sure how the one reviewer below me could call the packaging unsanitary, the product comes with a spatula to remove as much as needed each use. If you choose not to use the supplied spatula, that is hardly the fault of the product or manufacturer, but rather the user. This comes in a glass bottle as many of Chanels products do, with the standard Chanel black cap.It is a great overall base if that is what you are looking for. If you are looking for illumination you will like this as well. If you are looking for a primer or want something that does it all and dont want to add a primer, you may not be happy with this. I will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by heohamzb2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this base so much! I tried it at a Myer store after a long tired day. My face looked so tired, but after i put this base on my face, my skin turned to be lighter and full of vitality. It also smell so great with a gentle rose scent. Although this product was introduced for oily skin but its not really good at control oil on my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2012 7:32:00 AM More reviews by AnneMarie13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I find this product a shame. Chanel has money enough to not use cheap conservatives...My skin burned on it...

I lost 36 euros :/

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by ZinaSuha

Definitely not worth how much I paid for it. It is a creamy texture, which is definitely not good for dry skin! The bottle is not very sanitary either, I did not like the idea of dipping my fingers in, or tilting the content out on to the back of my hand. They do provide an applicator/spatula with it, but I would prefer a pump any day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 6:47:00 AM More reviews by mariann7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this primer! I was looking for a product that would smooth out my skin and not feel heavy under foundationa and this does that and more. It makes a great base for any kind of face product; powder foundation, liquid foudation or even just using a MAC MSF. My skin feels so soft all day, the makeup lasts longer and keeps its true color. Doesn't make my face shiny. I've used Laura Mercier Primer oil free (still made my face look shiny by the end of the day) and Smashbox Photofinish (which I think is great as well). The only thing about this product is I wish it had a pump for application instead of that dumb white "scooper" which tends to take more out thus product wasted. It's a little expensive but it's Chanel- to me its worth it. The white formula does blend well- I didn't see any white color on blending. I love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by windkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had read good things about this on the Internet from Bloggers I Trust, and I've been looking for a primer that has some moisturising qualities (my usual Smashbox mattifier is starting to make me increasingly dry). So I wandered by the Chanel counter and asked about this.
The very, very nice woman there applied it first to half of my face, so I could see the difference, then all of it, "so that I could go away and find out how much I love it." Sadly, I do not love it.
She said that Chanel "doesn't do matte, because they want skin to look natural and dewy." I looked dewy all right, bordering on sweaty. It's also got a white sheen to it that outdoes any sunblock I've ever worn, and felt very heavy on my face.
Still, I was going to give it a chance -- but within half an hour, I started reacting to the fairly strong fragrance, my eyes began to swell and itch, and I had to wash it off.
Absolutely not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Remarkable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this primer yesterday, so I cannot give you any final review on it but I would like to share my first thoughts with you. Those who know Chanel makeup do not need a presentation of the luxurious package and the exquisite glass bottle the product comes in. I do not like it though that this primer does not have a pump. I found a little white stick in the package and it was written in the instructions to put it in the bottle and how much comes out with the stick should be enough for the entire face. I should try never to put my fingers in the bottle, I wouldn't find that very hygienic. The liquid itself is white but grabbing it into the skin it becomes invisible. It feels nice but my skin does not become as smooth as it does with my Lancome La Base Primer. On the other hand, I must admit that my makeup is definitely lasting longer with this Chanel Le Bland Primer. I will keep you posted about my more developed opinion later. Let me know if you are interested.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by cherzleen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My first reaction was - this is a Chanel? Why does it feel like Banana Boat sunscreen? The texture is exactly how you would expect Banana Boat sunscreens to be - thick and gives you a white cast.

I accidentally poured out extra so I decided to lather some on my right forearm. Even after 2 hour I can see the ugly white cast on my right forearm. Secondly it is greasy and sticky. I feel like I need to wash my face. It makes my make up feel heavy. Yuck. Skip this and get a banana boat. It is also a pain to remove.

The next morning I woke up with 2 new pimples. Who would've guessed that Chanel can cause pimples (blasphemy!).

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by blushmetweetme

I was disappointed with this product for the price tag. It doesn't really seem to actually do anything. It isn't luminous enough to add a glow under foundations or tinted moisturizers, and it is only mildly hydrating. My foundation doesn't look that different without it. Also I didn't like the fact that it is white, because if you use a lot (like dry skin people like me do) then your face is turned this ghostly white.

Although I like the chunky glass bottle, they really should have designed this with a pump. The spatula idea is crazy.