L'Oreal Infallible Lip Gloss

3.5

Trimethylsiloxyphenyl dimethicone, octyldodecanol, isododecane, acrylic acid/isobutyl, acrylate/isobornyl acrylate copolymer, squalane, polybutene, silica dimethyl sililate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, isopropylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, arginine pca, tocopheryl acetate, pentaeryththrityl tetraisostearate, calcium sodium borosilicate, hydroxypalmitoyl sphinganine, synthetic fluorphlogopite, polyehtylene terephthalate, polymethyl methacrylate, tin oxide, sodium chondroitin sulfate, atelocollagen, parfum.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite daily lip gloss. Keep in mind I only use sticky lipglosses, because they are the only ones that last. This lasts 5-6 hours without reapplying and the colors are beautiful.

on 5/30/2012 12:13:00 PM

My favorite drugstore brand lipgloss!!! I've tried so many others throughout the years and have always came back to Infalllible. I love the sleek precision brush, and that the colors are beautifully iridescent and glamorous. It goes on so smooth, with great coverage, so you only need 1 or 2 coats and you'll look like you have amazingly beautifully painted lips. This product is a gloss/lipstick in one!

on 4/29/2012 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love the colors, don't mind the texture, hate the applicator. The wand is ends with a fuzzy oval that I just don't like at all, it's unwieldy and unnecessary. I would much prefer a doefoot.

on 4/24/2012 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this lipgloss does last longer than other glosses BUT this is the only gloss or lip product that dried out my lips to the max. i don't even have dry lips in the winter. i think there is something very nasty and plasticy in there. it looked really nice on though and had nice coverage. i also hate the applicator. hate! so this is a bust, i gave mine away

I'm not sure why everyone says it lasts as long as it states. Am I doing something wrong? I had it on for about two hours and had lunch and it had practically disappeared on my lips! Yes, it does last longer than other lip glosses but it doesn't live up to it's 6 - 8 hour claim. I felt a bit ripped off because I had expected it to last a bit longer and it didn't.

I do love the shades that I purchased but as far as long-wearing I'm not seeing it. I may actually return it to RiteAid as I still have my receipt. It's pretty pricy considering it doesn't last as long as they claim!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Finally! A product that lives up to it's name- this lip gloss is truly infallible. At the price of super sticky lips. I bought this lip gloss at Shoppers Drug Mart for $13.49 CAN after one of my favourite beauty gurus mentioned this in a video of hers and had the same sticky complaint. The shade I got was 'Barely Nude' and it is very pigmented and a bit on the heavy side. I absolutely love the way that this lip gloss makes my lips look! The colour is just so flattering and makes my lips look full (they are already very, very full) and healthy. It also definitely does last 6 hours regardless of food or drink. I definitely do not like this lip gloss when I go the exchange a kiss or two with my boyfriend but otherwise I really, really like it.

on 2/6/2012 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

One of the worst I've tried. Horrible consistency: heavy, sticky, doesn't fade evenly- it leaves sticky flakes that feel like plastic on the lips instead. Hated it.

on 2/6/2012 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

one word: Bleh. I bought this a while back and applied once...then it sat in the bottom of my makeup bag, and it's still at the bottom of my makeup bag. I keep forgetting to throw it away. I didn't like the consistency of this gloss..and it dried my lips out. Tasted bad too. It was a waste of money.

Update 2/08/12:
I finally went through my makeup and threw out all the old MU and the things I didn't like, including that dreaded one mentioned above. From now on if I purchase something I don't like, I'm keeping the receipt and taking it back because I'm tired of wasteing my money on crap.

on 11/27/2011 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I only bought this product because I was trying to find a good red lipgloss for homecoming. I don't generally like lipsticks because they're kinda hard to apply perfectly so I opted for this. I also bought Sonia Kashuk's lipliner in "china" to use as a base underneath.
The wand for this is really interesting. I have never seen one like it. It glides the gloss on smooth and effortlessly. I do like it quite a bit. As for the lip plumping claims? I have no idea. My lips looked pretty normal afterwards to me haha. But then again I wasn't buying this for that purpose anyways.
One thing that I love about this lipgloss is the stain it leaves on your lips after it's faded. It's beautiful. For this reason, I'll apply the gloss, take a tissue, and dab it on my lips to achieve that desired effect. I'm not the type to walk out of the house wearing a red lip, so the red stain it leaves behind isn't too "out there" but still looks gorgeous and classy.
I do reccomend this, however I wouldn't buy it again just because I bought it for a special purpose.

on 10/1/2011 7:36:00 PM

Because I'm almost broke (like so many are, these days), every time I feel like spending money I don't have on MU I already have, I rummage through my "antiques' just to remind myself that I don't need anything new.

I came across this gloss, which I bought years ago, and decided to give it a try. The color is #305 Fiery and it's a gorgeous pinkish red (on me) with gold shimmer. I put it on and after talking, drinking and eating, it's pretty much still there. What I particularly like is that the color does not fade. I wore a dark Nars gloss the other day, but after about two hours the color had faded to a light pink. Not this one. My lips are still a pretty, subtle red, very wearable for day time. Yes, it is a bit sticky, but if it wasn't, it would not last half the time it does.

In the tube, the shimmer looks very pronounced, but when you wear it, it becomes much more subtle. I'm really happy with this gloss. And I'm not a gloss fiend (I usually prefer l/s). But this one is a beautiful color, it stays put, makes my lips look fuller and lovely, and it's cheap (at least compared to HE). What's not to like?

Recommended for Medium Skin