October 21, 2014 | 1714 users online

Moisturizers - Argan Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use NOW organic Argan Oil. I add a drop to my AM moisturizer and then pat 2 drops straight before my night time moisturizer. I am acne prone, but this does not irritate my skin at all. I no longer have any dry patches. I also use about 3 drops at night in my hair on days I don't shampoo. No more split ends. I may just try Josie Maran's oil just to see if it's worth the extra $.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Argan oil is my fountain of youth. I use this either in my moisturizer or on it's own and I also add it to my body lotion. Since I've been using this for more than 5mos now, my skin looks AWE-mazing. The dryness is gone and it now has a nice moisturized plump look to it. It comes in a dark bottle with glass dropper. This is really a quality oil (I use the Mogador brand) and just as good as Josie Maran but waaaaay less expensive (as in 1/2 the price). I buy mine at Amazon. Doesn't get any better.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by AMartellacci

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am in love with this stuff. I use it as a hot oil treatment once a week and put a few drops in my hair (soooo nice for black hair) after every shower. I use it all over my skin in the form of a natural oil blend (jojoba, olive, sesame, coconut and argan), after a bath. I've mixed some in with my conditioner.

Everything I use it on just glows and feels like silk. From hair to heels, it all feels like butter. It lasts until you wash it off. It works well under other moisturizers. My hair used to be a dry straw mess ( bleach! ). Now, I think I'm going to throw out my shine serum.

Make sure to use a light hand with it though. It's easy to use too much. A few drops will do.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by colourcat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Defanately an amazing hair investment! the only thing is with this product it is better to use 10 or so hours before you take a shower because of how oily it makes your hair. It cures split ends and I'm very happy with this product. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by misscoutureland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hair: Have used hair products that 'contain' argan oil and have always like the results, but recently while at some markets bought a bottle of 100% argan oil and love the results. I have very dry hair and this makes it lovely and soft.

Skin: have also been using the 100% stuff on my skin for about a month now. I only use the tiniest amount for my whole face. it makes me skin glowey which is great because like my hair my face is dry and dull. I use a lot of aha's/retinols etc and found since adding this my skin does not get dried and and irritated like it sometimes did. Personally i would recommend finding a 100% product, it is expensive but it's argan oil and thats it, no added preservatives and fragrances etc.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Xillabub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm already onto my second bottle of argan oil because I really like the stuff and i'm a fan of natural beauty products. I use it in various ways so I'll describe it below.
Lips: argan oil saved my poor, peeling lips when none of my other lip balms could. In a bout of bad air conditions in Singapore (dry haze/smog), my lips couldn't stop peeling and cracking even with drinking lots of water and applying my favourite lipbalms. I then had the bright idea of applying argan oil on my lips and this morning my lips were baby soft and no peeling! Very thankful.

Face: While it does give me a glow after applying and the morning after, I had to stop using the oil on my face because it clogged my pores. Apparently the high oleic acid content makes it comodegenic. I don't know if I was using too much or wrongly though.

Body: Fantastic moisturiser for my legs. Skin just looks really nice with it. It doesn't get greasy as it absorbs right away. However I suspect it is clogging the pores on my arms or I'm applying too much.

Hair: I apply it on my semi-wet hair and my hair is sleek and frizz free. But only use a little, as it will weigh down your hair.

I think the tip i have for others and need to learn myself, is to use argan oil sparingly. I tend to use too much and that's why i have the problem with the clogged pores.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use argan oil I get from the fruitful yield, I've used many of their oils in the past and they've been awesome.
I have a dropper style bottle which i do love. Makes it easier to control how much I use.
I've read many reviews about their argan not having a scent... 100% pure argan SHOULD have a scent. It should be a nutty scent. If it has no scent you may be getting scammed.. google "7 Warning Signs that Your Argan Oil is Impure".
I generally use my argan oil on my hair. I co-wash my hair and using 100% oils on my hair is best. I have to read labels religiously for hair products. I can't use stuff with silicones and non water soluble things in them.
Argan oil makes my hair super soft. I usually use it in conjunction with coconut or jojoba oil. My hair is in great condition it's soft and not frizzy. I have wavy hair that tends to frizz a lot, but since I co-wash it's been a lot better. Most days I don't use gel or mousse just argan oil to keep my hair nice.
Styling my hair with argan oil is super easy. soaking wet hair and scrunch in argan and let dry. it's that easy.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by summerbrow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is good stuff. My dry, acneprone skin is looking better than ever with very little effort, just some oil on face, neck, chest and back every night. My skin is still purging though, so I expect more improvements to come. I am getting pimples in unusual places, one being on my thumb(!) but they clear up quickly leaving no scars. Love this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Reemyn

I love argan oil as a hair treatment! It makes my hair shiny & healthy, actually I like to use it as a shine serum! The best: you only need to use a few drops.
My hair likes AO better than my skin but hey, summer is coming, so I'll experiment with it as soon as the wheather is colder.

One more thing: Be careful when you pick your AO. I hate what Josie Maran, John Masters & Kahina do, (I bet they make a lot of money by only putting AO into a shiny, nice bottle with their names) but it is better to pay a little more and get the real thing!
I tried a lot of brands, you can feel the quality!
AO supposed to have a nice yellow-golden color, the higher the vitamin E content is the more nutty smell it has, (no goat smell!). Too pale AO is also a warning sign!
So be careful&ENJOY!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 5:17:00 AM More reviews by MissBehaviour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far I have used pure argan oil only as a hair treatment, so cannot comment on suitability for my extremely sensitive skin yet.

As a hair conditioning treatment, argan oil deserves five lippies +. I mainly distribute this all over my hair, concentrating less on scalp and roots, and leave it to sink in for however long my Sunday routine allows (anywhere between 1 and 3 hours so far). I then shampoo as normal with whatever shampoo I'm using at the time and voila--my straight but very thick hair is easy to comb, soft, glossy and not frizzy. Even my husband comments on how great my hair looks again. The best part is that despite providing so many moisturising benefits, it doesn't leave a greasy look or weigh hair down, not even after the second day.

I would recommend using this over the silicone and other chemical infused "Moroccan Oil" and other overpriced gimmicky products any day. The brand I'm currently using is Naissance (UK organic skincare company available via amazon), but I'd happily use any other brand of pure argan oil too. Thumbs up!