November 24, 2014 | 1256 users online

Moisturizers - Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I've tried crappy argan oil and one that seems legit (not Josie Maran cause I don't think it's worth it). I bought a 50ml argan oil from Saadia Organics. Seems legit.

Hair - Wow! What a difference!! I will use 2 pumps of argan oil on the ends of my shoulder length hair during the day. Doesn't weigh my hair down. Looks normal. But the next day after shampooing, I can feel major difference in my hair. Like all the dryness and frizziness has dissipated. My hair is actually normal. Normal. Shiny and soft. Like other people on the street. WOW. My hair has always been fluffy, frizzy and dry. This... wow.
I kept the crappy argan oil for my hair. Works well too.

Face - I have eczema on my face so I overloaded the argan oil, I must admit. It works well for dryness but causes breakout. I believe cause I used way too much. I will reduce and see what happens. It does give a good glow, though. I like. Or could be oiliness. Which is good too LOL.
The above review is for Saadia Organics (which soothes and calms). The other crappy argan oil makes my face itch. So no go there.

EDIT 24th Aug 2013: I've since reduced the argan oil for my face to 4-5 drops for face & decollete. Wow... What a difference. My face looks healthy and the fine less are so fine I can hardly see them anymore. I even use the oil on my eyes. No problems so far. No milia. Just clear, healthy skin. I am liking this more and more!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

I buy the Alma and Sana golden argan oil from Amazon, which is organic, for only $8 an oz. Really cheap. Does the job. Why spend $40 or so on Josie? Dropper kind of lets drops out without a squeeze, but I just hold it over the mouth to prevent any stray drops from dotting my dresser lol Garden of Wisdom also has it for a steal if you're buying other oils on there already.

This actually dries my skin out. What the --
I know that all oils depend on your skin, and I have tried quite a few and plan to try a lot more. So why five stars?

This prevents acne like nothing I've ever tried. It is not drying to the extent that grapeseed was for me and certainly not to the level of benzoyl peroxide or retin-a or bha. No pillow stains here. This is why this deserves five stars: It is so affordable, natural, and it prevents acne! Well, at least on my skin.

The results are amazing. My skin was like glass after three days. My pores shrunk. My face became smooth and soft. It may be nothing more than just a moisturizing oil to other skin types, but for me it is a miracle. It does more than BHA ever did. I try not to skip it, but I may once or twice a week just so my night cream can counter the slightly drying effects it has on me. I will always have a bottle on hand.

Oh, and it is great as a mist for hair after you get out of the shower (to lock in the moisture). Just add some water into a bottle with a couple drops of this, mist over the ends. Shiny, beautiful hair that's not weighed down! Argan is not one of those oils that penetrates the shaft and moisturizes from the inside out (so no point in using it as a hair mask, esp considering the $), but it will make hair look shiny and healthy.

I use other oils for my other moisturizing/cleansing needs, but this oil will always have those two uses for me. A staple.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use NOW organic Argan Oil. I add a drop to my AM moisturizer and then pat 2 drops straight before my night time moisturizer. I am acne prone, but this does not irritate my skin at all. I no longer have any dry patches. I also use about 3 drops at night in my hair on days I don't shampoo. No more split ends. I may just try Josie Maran's oil just to see if it's worth the extra $.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Argan oil is my fountain of youth. I use this either in my moisturizer or on it's own and I also add it to my body lotion. Since I've been using this for more than 5mos now, my skin looks AWE-mazing. The dryness is gone and it now has a nice moisturized plump look to it. It comes in a dark bottle with glass dropper. This is really a quality oil (I use the Mogador brand) and just as good as Josie Maran but waaaaay less expensive (as in 1/2 the price). I buy mine at Amazon. Doesn't get any better.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by AMartellacci

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am in love with this stuff. I use it as a hot oil treatment once a week and put a few drops in my hair (soooo nice for black hair) after every shower. I use it all over my skin in the form of a natural oil blend (jojoba, olive, sesame, coconut and argan), after a bath. I've mixed some in with my conditioner.

Everything I use it on just glows and feels like silk. From hair to heels, it all feels like butter. It lasts until you wash it off. It works well under other moisturizers. My hair used to be a dry straw mess ( bleach! ). Now, I think I'm going to throw out my shine serum.

Make sure to use a light hand with it though. It's easy to use too much. A few drops will do.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by colourcat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Defanately an amazing hair investment! the only thing is with this product it is better to use 10 or so hours before you take a shower because of how oily it makes your hair. It cures split ends and I'm very happy with this product. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by misscoutureland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hair: Have used hair products that 'contain' argan oil and have always like the results, but recently while at some markets bought a bottle of 100% argan oil and love the results. I have very dry hair and this makes it lovely and soft.

Skin: have also been using the 100% stuff on my skin for about a month now. I only use the tiniest amount for my whole face. it makes me skin glowey which is great because like my hair my face is dry and dull. I use a lot of aha's/retinols etc and found since adding this my skin does not get dried and and irritated like it sometimes did. Personally i would recommend finding a 100% product, it is expensive but it's argan oil and thats it, no added preservatives and fragrances etc.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Xillabub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm already onto my second bottle of argan oil because I really like the stuff and i'm a fan of natural beauty products. I use it in various ways so I'll describe it below.
Lips: argan oil saved my poor, peeling lips when none of my other lip balms could. In a bout of bad air conditions in Singapore (dry haze/smog), my lips couldn't stop peeling and cracking even with drinking lots of water and applying my favourite lipbalms. I then had the bright idea of applying argan oil on my lips and this morning my lips were baby soft and no peeling! Very thankful.

Face: While it does give me a glow after applying and the morning after, I had to stop using the oil on my face because it clogged my pores. Apparently the high oleic acid content makes it comodegenic. I don't know if I was using too much or wrongly though.

Body: Fantastic moisturiser for my legs. Skin just looks really nice with it. It doesn't get greasy as it absorbs right away. However I suspect it is clogging the pores on my arms or I'm applying too much.

Hair: I apply it on my semi-wet hair and my hair is sleek and frizz free. But only use a little, as it will weigh down your hair.

I think the tip i have for others and need to learn myself, is to use argan oil sparingly. I tend to use too much and that's why i have the problem with the clogged pores.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use argan oil I get from the fruitful yield, I've used many of their oils in the past and they've been awesome.
I have a dropper style bottle which i do love. Makes it easier to control how much I use.
I've read many reviews about their argan not having a scent... 100% pure argan SHOULD have a scent. It should be a nutty scent. If it has no scent you may be getting scammed.. google "7 Warning Signs that Your Argan Oil is Impure".
I generally use my argan oil on my hair. I co-wash my hair and using 100% oils on my hair is best. I have to read labels religiously for hair products. I can't use stuff with silicones and non water soluble things in them.
Argan oil makes my hair super soft. I usually use it in conjunction with coconut or jojoba oil. My hair is in great condition it's soft and not frizzy. I have wavy hair that tends to frizz a lot, but since I co-wash it's been a lot better. Most days I don't use gel or mousse just argan oil to keep my hair nice.
Styling my hair with argan oil is super easy. soaking wet hair and scrunch in argan and let dry. it's that easy.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by summerbrow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is good stuff. My dry, acneprone skin is looking better than ever with very little effort, just some oil on face, neck, chest and back every night. My skin is still purging though, so I expect more improvements to come. I am getting pimples in unusual places, one being on my thumb(!) but they clear up quickly leaving no scars. Love this.