September 17, 2014 | 1737 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by candymarie2

This is the best moisturizer I have ever used on my face! Nothing compares! I was hesitant on trying oils for my face because it seemed weird. Once I tried a sample I was hooked! It left my skin feeling softer than ever! I apply at night after using my Clarisonic and it goes on a little oily at first. This isn't something I would recommend applying in the morning before makeup as it can take some time for it to soak into your skin. (Maybe use the light version for that) When I wake up in the morning my skin feels and looks amazing!!! I will never go without this stuff! HG for sure! It's versatile and can be used a lot of different ways and it's worth every penny!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by cvandt22

Just ok! Didn't seem to sink into my skin very well.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by CAROLINA1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

For the previous reviews - Josie Marans argan is pure but it is DEODORIZED. Which means it has been heated to remove the scent. Unrefined/virgin argan oil has a scent some say nutty others say dirty diaper. That is why Josie doesn't sell it b/c many do not like it. I have tried Josies but I prefer the brand Sweet Essentials. They have both argans. I get the unrefined as the scent does not bother me and it leaves after 15 mins or so. I pay $26 for a 8oz bottle with a pump! You also have to understand this is a natural item and sometimes they just don't work for you while they do others. You have to play around with different oils to find the one that helps. :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by lolita97

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ughhh. SO many people have said such great things about it! i have sensitive acne prone skin and this broke me out (only blemishes though). The first time i used it i awoke with supple clear skin, the next morning i awoke with supple but blemished skin. It's such a beautiful oil though! so advice using it on your hair and body instead because it's nice and luxurious. But, from reviews, i heard that this isn't pure, natural argan oil so you'd be better off buying the real stuff anyway!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Meh...it was ok...didn't do anything special for me. I have normal skin with slight dryness on my cheeks. I used this for a month and wasn't impressed because it didn't make my skin look better or moisturize that well. If I used too little, it didn't moisturize well, but too much and it didn't sink in. I switched to Life Flo Rosehip seed oil and after 3 days of use, my skin tone was brighter and more even tone! It also moisturizes well and sinks into my skin immediately. The Rosehip Seed oil is only $7 for an ounce with better benefits!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by arieljocelyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is an excellent moisturizer for my acne-prone skin. Lotion moisturizers always make me break out, but if I don't use a moisturizer, my skin gets really flaky and my makeup gathers in patches. Like a lot of people, I felt apprehensive about putting oil on my already-oily face, but my worry was unfounded. A couple of small drops is enough to make my skin feel hydrated without being slimy. My makeup goes on like a dream when I put the argan oil on beforehand (I only use it once a day--in the morning--because it makes my makeup look much better). Also, my skin has noticeably improved in terms of acne, redness, and texture. If you have acne and are looking for a moisturizer, I would definitely recommend using a small amount of argan oil once a day after you wash your face. It seems weird, but I'm so happy I tried this method of moisturizing my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Jasminion

I have been using this inconsistently since December 2013. I have no idea if it's made a positive difference for my skin. But what I will say is I'm impressed that as an oil it doesn't leave my skin feeling oily and it only takes a short while to absorb into my skin. Like I said I don't know if it has done anything for me which goes to show you hyped products may not always work for everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by RaeRenae

I have used makeupalley to look up reviews for over a year, this is the first review I have posted, I made an account just to rave about this oil! I love skin oils and had been using Clarins lotus oil but it didn't seem to be doing anything great for my skin. I've heard awesome reviews about this product and after doing some research and finding it had a comedogenic rating of 0 (meaning it wouldn't clog my pores and cause breakouts) I decided to go for it. I used it the first night and really liked it, it absorbed perfectly into my skin and didn't leave me feeling oily. The next morning, I woke up and absolutely fell in love. My skin was soft, glowing and for the first time in my adult life, it WASNT OILY. Two weeks later, I'm still enjoying oil free, gorgeous, soft, glowy skin. I am not exaggerating, I have been searching for something to control my oil for years and this did it! I will be buying the full size AND a backup because this is holy grail status. It is absolutely worth the price. If you're debating on buying this, get the small size for 18$ and try it, you won't regret it! (A tip: I find it absorbs best when you apply directly after washing your face when it still has a bit of moisture on it. And a little bit goes a long way!)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by iiss616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me begin this review by saying that I don't believe in skincare miracles. We're all gonna age and our skin won't be in its best condition forever. However, this product does help restore my skin, make it soft, and reduce wrinkles. I directly drop a few drops onto my face and gently massage it into my skin as my night routine. I saw immediate improvement the very first time I used it.

The two complaints I have: first, this is overpriced, it's just oil, regardless how pure, how hard it is to procure, it is JUST OIL. I am going to WalMart and see if they have less pricey options. Second, it feels somewhat greasy and takes a while to be absorbed by the skin.

Overall, I think the product is good. You may find a lower cost alternative in the grocery store instead of breaking a bank.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Danielle2006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this stuff. i use it primarily use it for my face. for the longest i couldn't find a moisturizer that soak into my skin & not just sit on the surface. i suffer from eczema so my skin is dry & could occasionally have dry patches on my cheeks. i mix this in with my moisturizer at night & it does the trick. the next morning my skin is rejuvenated. my skin is much more smoother since i started using this product. the only con is it is kinda expensive but i def will repurchase again.