September 16, 2014 | 1225 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about 2' weeks. I layer it over Retin- A. I've noticed my skin is brighter, and glows more. Also, a few old pimples that were taking forever to finally disappear, finally dried up.
I'll probably continue to use this, if anything, for the cheap glycolic acid benefits.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by emmanelson96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wrote a glowing review on this before, but now that I've used it for over a month, I can honestly say that this has been horrible for me. At first it was clearing up my skin and because of the glycolic acid, making it glow. But after the first week my skin started breaking out in places that it never breaks out, especially the sides of my cheeks. So I kept using it knowing that usually the congestion must come up first.
Well, it just kept getting worse and was doing nothing to help the acne I already had. I stopped using it about 2 weeks ago and my skin has gotten much better. I'm not getting any more of those deep zits on my cheeks anymore, but sadly I am still dealing with the scars of the pimples it caused.
I am giving it to lippies because I like how as soon as I put it onto my skin it sunk right in, leaving no greasy residue or stickiness. It also made my skin really soft. But I would rather have acne free skin and not have to deal with this stuff.

I love how this has worked for so many people, but alas, it didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Kamee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this cream for about a year. This is the only cream that has kept my skin feeling soft. I have extremely combination skin. Skin that is super oily yet super dry (makes no sense right? but sadly it's true) and with this cream, it has helped a lot with the dry flakiness. My skin actually feels smoother while using this product and no other lotions were able to accomplish that for me. This also has never broke me out. Some people say they had some purging, but that did not happen to me, and I'm also very acne prone (yeah, you don't want my skin). Actually, the opposite happened. I haven't had clusters of acne since using this. I use this at night usually and sometimes I follow up with a moisturizer. It has kind of a nasty sour scent to it but it goes away after a while. In the morning, I'm left with softer skin. Love this product and I will continue to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Rokmelon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm glad I took the advice of users in this review! I started using this product 2 weeks ago because my skin was looking tired and dull. I'm not kidding when I say my skin is looking better every day.

I have ultra sensitive reactive skin and it has not bothered my skin at all beyond the normal exfoliation this product provides. I apply it after I wash my face, it stings just a little bit when applied. I apply a good teaspoon or so on my face and neck although I have read you are suppose to put on less.

I leave it for a few hours before applying my face cream.

One thing that is very important is to apply sunscreen before you go out after applying this product as it makes your skin more likely to burn.

This is the first time I have used AHA on my face and I don't know why I didn't start sooner. And this is a fantasic bargain to boot!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Shannap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I did not like this. Was very greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by lovelace07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product!
It has done wonders for my acne prone skin. I've been using this for about 2 years now. Since i've been using this my pimples & acne scars have greatly diminished! Although i dont like the packaging, i can look past that since it's helping my skin out so much! This is my HG product. I know most Walgreens don't sell this product anymore, but if you look hard enough you can find it in some walgreen stores.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by toomuchjoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I bought this product in September 2011 after reading some great reviews. It is a little hard to find even after using the product finder on Walgreens.com. I hope this product isn't being discontinued.

Firstly, it makes my skin feel incredibly hydrated and smooth. I just can't believe how soft my skin is in the morning. I started off using this every other night but I probably use this about twice a week now just because I've been using another night cream. If you are new to AHA products, I test this on a smaller patch of skin before slapping it on your face since some find it irritating. I never had a problem with this though. Also, I wouldn't apply this in the eye area. In the morning, I cleanse it off really well and apply my moisturizer and sunscreen. This is key, since it is a chemical exfoliant and you don't want to expose your freshly exfoliated skin to sun.

Negatives? I'm not a big fan of the tub packaging since they are not hygienic. But since I apply this after cleansing my face or showering, my hands are clean. It also has the consistency and smell of Elmer's glue but that fades after a few minutes.

I've been using this consistently for 6 months and I still have a LOT of product to go. This retails for about $8 at my Walgreens and sometimes you can find a better deal with weekly promotions or coupons. I bought this BOGO 1/2 off and gave the other one to my sister and she loves it too. This is a bargain miracle worker!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by lizzredhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow!!!!! I had a real bad break out & was looking for something to help. Well I bought arcona products which were doing an OKAY job. So I read the reviews on Alpha & decided to purchase it. I'm sooooo glad I did!! In just one night of use I woke up with way clearer skin!! I'm in shock!! Nothing works on my skin. I will update in a week, but so far its a miracle in a jar!! The price is very reasonable!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Vellajc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had mild to moderate acne since high school and have basically tried everything to get rid of it, including prescriptions. The last 4 or 5 years i started getting nasty cystic acne which even scarred my skin. With my wedding coming up I tried retinol which made my face a dry, flaky breaking out mess. At that point I kind of gave up and decided I would have horrible skin for the rest of my life. I tried this product just to get a good exfoliation without scrubbing and I honestly can't say I've ever been more surprised. After one (1)!!!! night I woke up and my skin completely changed. The pimples I had were kind of peeling off and my skin was soft! I don't ever remember my skin feeling or looking like this. It's only been a couple of weeks and I think I've gotten one pimple (but it was the week of my period). More importantly my skin is soft and smooth in a way I never, ever thought would happen again. I don't know if everyone will have the same results but if you can find a tub of this give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Jillydearest

Love it! Just used it for the first tiand last night and my face seriously cleared up like magic. I didn't have really any breakouts but my face has a very uneven skin tone with dark acne marks everywhere. I woke up and those marks are significantly lightened. Plus this product is very affordable. Definitely recommend this!