December 17, 2014 | 1774 users online

Treatments (Face) - Walgreens - Alpha Hydroxy Lotion 8%

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by amnichols2

LOVE THIS. I usually buy ds skincare products because honestly, I didn't see any improvement when I used all he stuff, but I rarely purchase store brands unless they're specifically positioned as the "generic" of a more expensive brand. But all the great reviews on here inspired me to give this a try, and I'm SO glad I did. I use it 3-4 nights a week after washing my face with the Clarisonic, and there's a slight stinging but when I wake up in the morning, my face is SO soft. The other 3-4 nights, I use a thick Olay night cream followed by retin-a. Alternating them seems to work best for my skin. My breakouts have reduced (to be fair, though, I already had them mostly under control thanks to the Clarisonic and retin-a) and my skintone seems more even. PLUS, this is so cheap that I don't feel bad slathering some on my arms at the same time I do my face, and it's almost completely fixed my KP! I'll say it again: LOVE THIS. Oh, and a tip: this stings like the dickens if you have any scrapes or other little wounds (like a popped but not completely healed pimple) so I usually dab a little neosporin on those spots to protect them before I put on the lotion.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by egeep

I generally purchase he skincare products in the quest for items that deliver on their promises. Imagine my surprise to find that a cream that sells for $6.99 at my local drugstore would be the most effective of all. I am now on my 2nd jar of this and absolutely panic when I travel overseas and forget to bring it with me. I have combination skin with an extremely oily t-zone and I break out regularly once a month when my hormones spike. I use this cream at night on a freshly cleansed face, including my t-zone and wake up with super soft and clear skin. I credit the cream with clearing up my complexion (fewer blackheads and no whiteheads) and giving me a lit from within glow. The only downsides I have encountered are: a slight stinging sensation when the cream is applied immediately after I have used a facial scrub and the scent. The scent was almost enough to put me off from using the cream but eventually I got used to it (it originally smelled like sour body odor) and is the reason I rated this a 4 instead of a 5.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2012 2:14:00 AM More reviews by juicyluvr75

I've used this product for 4 nights now.
The first night, it brought up 4-5 painful pimples on my face. The night after that, those very pimples sort of healed. I'm still breaking out but my skin feels remarkably soft. I believe i'm still in the purging process & hoping for the best.
Will update after 2 weeks.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by shantal2011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading/watching reviews in makeup alley and u-tube thought I'll give this cream a try and I did. I just used a pea size amount but I didn't follow up with a moisturizer. May be I should have. The moment I apply this cream, i felt a slight tingling. And it went away within less than a minute. After few hours my skin started to itch and I had to wash it. The next morning I woke up with a red rash around my cheeks and it was painful. I am really disappointed with this. I am worried to use even on my legs. Unfortunately this was a No for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 2:55:00 AM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for years on my face and body. Smells like glue but my skin looks smooth, youthful, radiant! Dirt cheap and a little goes a long way!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about 2' weeks. I layer it over Retin- A. I've noticed my skin is brighter, and glows more. Also, a few old pimples that were taking forever to finally disappear, finally dried up.
I'll probably continue to use this, if anything, for the cheap glycolic acid benefits.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by emmanelson96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wrote a glowing review on this before, but now that I've used it for over a month, I can honestly say that this has been horrible for me. At first it was clearing up my skin and because of the glycolic acid, making it glow. But after the first week my skin started breaking out in places that it never breaks out, especially the sides of my cheeks. So I kept using it knowing that usually the congestion must come up first.
Well, it just kept getting worse and was doing nothing to help the acne I already had. I stopped using it about 2 weeks ago and my skin has gotten much better. I'm not getting any more of those deep zits on my cheeks anymore, but sadly I am still dealing with the scars of the pimples it caused.
I am giving it to lippies because I like how as soon as I put it onto my skin it sunk right in, leaving no greasy residue or stickiness. It also made my skin really soft. But I would rather have acne free skin and not have to deal with this stuff.

I love how this has worked for so many people, but alas, it didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Kamee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this cream for about a year. This is the only cream that has kept my skin feeling soft. I have extremely combination skin. Skin that is super oily yet super dry (makes no sense right? but sadly it's true) and with this cream, it has helped a lot with the dry flakiness. My skin actually feels smoother while using this product and no other lotions were able to accomplish that for me. This also has never broke me out. Some people say they had some purging, but that did not happen to me, and I'm also very acne prone (yeah, you don't want my skin). Actually, the opposite happened. I haven't had clusters of acne since using this. I use this at night usually and sometimes I follow up with a moisturizer. It has kind of a nasty sour scent to it but it goes away after a while. In the morning, I'm left with softer skin. Love this product and I will continue to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Rokmelon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm glad I took the advice of users in this review! I started using this product 2 weeks ago because my skin was looking tired and dull. I'm not kidding when I say my skin is looking better every day.

I have ultra sensitive reactive skin and it has not bothered my skin at all beyond the normal exfoliation this product provides. I apply it after I wash my face, it stings just a little bit when applied. I apply a good teaspoon or so on my face and neck although I have read you are suppose to put on less.

I leave it for a few hours before applying my face cream.

One thing that is very important is to apply sunscreen before you go out after applying this product as it makes your skin more likely to burn.

This is the first time I have used AHA on my face and I don't know why I didn't start sooner. And this is a fantasic bargain to boot!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Shannap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I did not like this. Was very greasy.