July 31, 2014 | 1500 users online

Eyeliner - Sonia Kashuk - Dramatically Defining Long Wear Gel Liner

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Dee652

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Excellent dupe for mac's fluidline. Love this kind of eyeliner because it lasts forever, doesn't smudge on my asian eyes, and is easy to apply and more natural looking than liquid, which tends to look harsh on me. My mac fluidline dried out after I'd had it for a year or so (granted, you're supposed to throw it away around then, but I had a ton left!) and I can't tell if that's because I took better care of it or the SK packaging is just superior, but no such problems with this product after having it for almost a year. Definitely recommend for anyone who has problems with smudging or liquid- but I must note that I use a mac brush for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by JDNT

OMG! Love LOVE this! I used MAC gel liner ($32) for a while, and I have to say that SK is JUST better. Unlike Mac eyeliners that run down my eyes after a couple hours, SK does not! Not on my skin at least. I was so shocked by the performance of this $8 dollar gel liner, I would recommend it for those on budget and want quality at the same time. It's bold, but doesnt give you the fake black look. It also does the trick in making your eyes look bigger! Another thing I would point out is that it's quite gentle on my eyes, I have MAC pencil liners too and when I used them my eyes would turn blood red from irritation but this doesn't happen with SK at all! It also looks good with those that like to do the bottom part of the eye and doesn't run much when applied on the waterline.

One recommendation I would make would be to buy the eye brush ($10-19) with it, the handles a bit long, but I like it and have NO problem everytime i use it. So now, everyday I'm SO happy with this and I'm eye-makeup worry free every morning because I know I'll look good!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by bebemonte

This is a pretty darn good gel liner. Not as opaque as Bobbi Brown which is the only one I can compare it to, but what do you expect for $8? Just go over the line twice instead of once to achieve a bolder look and you're good to go. I got it in the brown color and feel no need to spend more.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by QTPie07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im pretty new to gel liners so I wanted to give a review as someone going from pencil liners to gel liners. I have oily skin and watery eyes (contact lens wearer) and this liner stays on very well on my lids..on my waterline, it lasts about 4 hours, and I dont usually set it with powder neither. I only gave it 4 lippies because the ebony color could definitely be darker. Its more like a smokey grayish black on me (NC43 for reference).

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by alliemily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this eyeliner a lot, but it doesn't go on as smoothly as Mac Fluidline. It's a lot cheaper though, so I can live with that.
I really love that this eyeliner lasts all day and night, but is still easy to take off. That was my problem with Fluidline.
This eyeliner is a great alternative to department store brands, but I wish the black (ebony) was a little bit darker :/

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2010 5:28:00 AM More reviews by TopNotchCherrii

I like this gel liner. Its cheap and easy. I guess that makes it the slut of gel liners haha. Last all day and stays in place. All is great EXCEPT when and if you have watery eyes it cracks. Allergy season sucked for my eyeliner, but now that my allergy season is over with its heaven once again. Does apply smoothly ontop of shadows while remaining deep black. Using an old liquid liner felt tip to apply this product worked well with me, but then again so did a slanted tip brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by lovepremiumdenim

I really, really wanted to like this liner. I've a gel addict and have tried:

Mac Fluidline (too water and "wet" looking, plus it dries out & smudges)
Bobbi Brown (easy application, long wear...minor smudging, but overall amazing BUT pricey)
Stila Smudgepot (i remember that the black looked ashy...but this was a while ago so my memory has faded a bit)

Of the 3, the Bobbi Brown is probably my hands down favorite...but it's pricey. So, I tried this as I like many of her other products and while the application is amazing - super smooth, no dragging, bold color...the liner starts to smudge about an hour into wear :( I believe that because this is so highly pigmented, any bit that gets into your eyelashes will end up around your eyes.

To its credit, however, this liner does last a long time. I just wish it wouldn't leave me with raccoon eyes so soon after application.

I guess I'll try the Maybelline or just suck it up and re-purchase my basic black in Bobbi Brown, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by JinaChan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the blue gel liner. It looks subtle and natural, which is what I wanted -- something that doesn't look as dramatic as black, but would look good with yellow-toned skin and brown eyes. I don't have Stila or MAC liners to compare with, but I agree with others here that the texture is a little dry. But I have oily Asian eyelids and this liner does not budge. It's actually a little challenging to remove at the end of the day. I've only had it a couple weeks so I don't know how long-lasting it is.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Cheriseeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not very good in my opinion. Stila smudgepots work way better... This smudge on my eye and so i removed it with a napkin because its so creamy and doesnt even set. it just stays creamy on your eyes so if you touch it, it's smear heaven. I do like the blue though. Just because its a very pretty blue and is okay. The black though is just not that great. Average gel eye liner. I would only recommend because its inexpensive but the quality isnt great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by dudeewtfzoe

This product is great! It definitely stays on for a long time. I just wish it was easier to remove, but hey, it's keeping it's promise of long lasting! the color is so dark, it works wonders. it goes on so creamy, and I apply it with my little eyeliner brush. It works well for a natural AND dramatic look. Very versatile, well priced, beautifully packaged product!