Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.5

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Boron nitride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Aluminum hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, CI 77007, CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

A close runner up to the Averine loose powder that I used last time, the other one is finer more delicate with a lousy puff that needs to be changed but Chanel has a better more luxurious puff.. Only thing I didn't like was my nose got a little sensitive to it and I sneezed a couple of times I put it on.

Overall nothing I can find fault with, has a natural velvety finish with nice beige tone (I used the lightest shade)

on 5/11/2014 4:20:00 AM

Most natural look that You can recieve from a powder. And for the reference I hate powders and the way they look on skin. Bever had bought one before but when I tested this at sephora I was shocked. It just disappeared on my skin. Plus I couldnt see my little pores on my nose. Loved it and will repurchase.

on 5/3/2014 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I can't really fault this because it does stand by its promises. It absorbs oil as much as it can on my face and didn't look thick or cakey... The price is something you spend as a luxury on something like a translucent powder.... I knew there where others cheaper on the marker that do the same(ish) job. It's just more for the packaging and luxury( I knew this type of product works and lasts a long time I figured I would get my money's worth and enjoy it) I defiantly would suggest this powder it makes for face look fresh and silky

on 4/22/2014 12:26:00 PM

I love this poudre so now. I think that the High Definition powder is the future...

on 4/17/2014 1:43:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Pros:

Smells AMAAAAZIIIING!!!
Good amount of product for the price can last up to a year
Luxurious packaging
Super duper finely milled
Velvety, smooth to the touch
Blurs pores, makes skin look like porcelain
Very sheer. Best if used as a finishing/setting powder
Great for dry skin to oily skin
Does not cling onto dry patches (beware go easy on the undereye area)

Cons:

Some may not like the floral smell (me? I'm a sucker for smells yummy ^.^
I wish it would have a sifter so the waste of product would be minimum
And not good for travel

Overall:

Love it❤️❤️❤️
Just wish that the packaging had a lid, lock, sifter or somethinf to control the ammount of powder that comes out!

on 2/28/2014 6:43:00 AM

Amazing powder to set foundation with. It gives a really natural finish and with it on, my skin looks really smooth and nice. It does help foundation stay put a little longer but if you have oily skin, it won't be enough for you. It isn't mattifying at all. I usually lightly dust this over my entire face and then add a little bit of blot powder on my nose and T-zone. The packaging has to be my favorite of all my makeup products! Love the classy and simple Chanel packaging. The price may seem like a lot, but you also get a lot of product. Overall, I love this powder. It is all that I look for in an everyday setting powder.

on 2/26/2014 4:14:00 AM

Good! Love it!

on 2/15/2014 10:04:00 PM

I wanted to buy a powder that stays on for hours and will not become oily at the end of the day. This powder does it all. It looks beautiful on the skin and does not feel like you have tons of powder in your face and you can use it alone without foundation. I got it in shade no 40 Dore which is the perfect shade for summer time when I am tanned but I think it might be little too dark to use in winter. Other than that I am very happy with it. Since I like to buy little fancier makeup (with no reasonable reason :P) I didn't mind the price that much. Would the tube be little smaller I would probably reconsider buying it but since its quite huge its ok :)

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is what loose setting powder should be. I've used this for years - I've tried MANY many brands, but always come back to this for the beauty of the finish.
It doesn't blot all day, as you get older, you have to watch how much you apply, but at age 59 this one is still working for me as others have fallen by the wayside because of how they emphasis lines. This WILL, but is much less likely to do so if applied judiciously.
Its smells wonderful, is very expensive, but a little goes a long way and you get a good bit of powder.

on 1/25/2014 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A great powder to lightly set your foundation. It's doesn't keep me matte all day but at least 3-4 hours. I've been using it for about 5 months and still have quite a lot left. Doesn't clog my pores and feels luxurious