August 23, 2014 | 1903 users online

Loose Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by ChanelLove07

A great powder to lightly set your foundation. It's doesn't keep me matte all day but at least 3-4 hours. I've been using it for about 5 months and still have quite a lot left. Doesn't clog my pores and feels luxurious

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by winterfairy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I was a teenager, I used Yardley loose powder. It was perfect, but it just disappeared from the shelves at one point. Then I've tried other brands and none came close to this so I gave up even trying to find good loose powder. Then I've read great reviews here about Chanel and I've bought it without even testing it. And I haven't regret it. It's great! The color of the powder is neutral, not warm or cool (I have 20 clair - translucent 1). It is very fine milled so you can apply it lightly for more natural or heavily for more matte look. Too bad that it won't keep your shine at bay for more than 3-4 hours. That's its only downside, but I would repurchase, definitely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Pretty much the bestest powder in the world for everyone and anyone.

I have combo/slightly dry skin that used to be oily all over. Needless to say, I have quite a few acne scars as well as a bit of rosecea and beginnings of wind burn thanks to Edmonton weather. I've been trying out some of the radiant/luminous foundations and with those, I always need a good setting powder that won't stray.

The shade 30 Naturel gives me back some of the tan I've lost without me looking like an oompa loompa.

J'suis amoureuse.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by bimini156

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this powder some time last year. I have been using it almost daily since that time. I really do like this powder and you get a lot of product, but I can't really say that it is so much better than other loose powders. I don't think I will be buying this again. $52 for a loose powder. Really? I bought this on the recommendation of a youtube guru that I like. I love the Chanel container and I display it on my vanity. But next time I'll probably buy a different powder and put it the Chanel container. :) If I change my mind later and decide that this is the most amazing powder ever, I'll edit this review accordingly. But right now I have to say that I won't be spending $52 on another loose powder. I would much rather save my money for the Naked 3!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by MadeleineRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is super lovely! I am quite oily and this keeps my make up looking fresh and flawless all day. The powder is so fine it makes my skin look incredible.

Heaps of product! Worth the $$$

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Kittenwhiskas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used this for years (shade 20, Claire). It lasts forever and leaves a beautiful finish to the skin (very natural, not pasty or dry). Occasionally I try a newer formula, but still haven't found anything that comes close to this. The tub is huge and lasts me well over a year, so I don't mind paying a bit more for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 4:12:00 AM More reviews by bgfp9898

I'm NC 20 and bought this in no. 20 which is a perfect match. I was going to get no. 30 but salesperson said that would be a tad darker than my skin tone so I went with the lighter option. It feels really good and silky on skin. Definitely worth the $ as there is so much product. I switched to this after finishing my MUFE HD powder. Honestly I do miss the smaller jar but I'm liking Chanel better so far.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by maggiethebeagle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing finishing powder by Chanel! Does not break me out and gives me this wonderful glow but no sparkle. I don't use the puff included but rather a sponge puff and brush. Great packaging. Looks so pretty on my vanity.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 4:21:00 AM More reviews by Ihaveahart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Its amazing! I got this loose powder after readin' all these good reviews i was previously using Mineral veil from BareMinerals. This is super lightweight NEVER looks cakey even if you accidentally use too much,finely milled,and its pretty cheap considering that it last bout 3 yrs. my shade is 40 DORĂˆ which is a bit dark only bcuz the lighter one was all out i still love it! Will repurchase also the puff i really useful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by Kentauride

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This a beautiful powder. The best I have ever tried. Apparently I am not alone in this, look at all those 5 star reviews! It has a super fine texture and just a bit of color. I have pale, sensitive skin - in Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua I use B10, but it is a little too dark, so I use Le Blanc de Chanel underneath to lighten the shade a bit and it is perfect. This powder in the lightest shade (20 Clair) is also too dark, but just a hair instead of a whole shade, and since it is translucent it is still easy to work with. I find that I tend to take the foundation just a little too light with the Le Blanc many times, and this is perfect to settle it back down to the perfect shade. The color in the powder is neutral, not warm or cool. It is so fine that if you apply it lightly you can set a foundation like VA without losing its unique finish. If you apply it more heavily you can achieve a true matte look, but it never gets cakey. Some powders feel like they are sucking all the moisture out of my skin, not this one. It has a very faint fragrance that doesn't bother me at all.

Price - it's Chanel, so it ain't cheap. But as other reviewers have noted, you get a lot of product for your money so it's a good value.

Packaging - very elegant package, nice aesthetics if you wanted to display it. It is a typical round powder jar with a sifter and a powder puff on top. I only wish the sifter had a closing mechanism like Laura Mercier's loose powders. You do have to make sure you keep it upright. It's best to keep it on a counter or on the bottom of a drawer so it doesn't tip. Don't try to carry it around with you, get the pressed powder compact for that instead. My pressed powder compact came with a little plastic separator on top of the powder, I repurposed that to cover the sifter holes in the loose powder to keep my puff clean. I've seen a lot of complaints about the puff but I like mine just fine. I don't apply the powder with it since I can't get the hang of applying it evenly that way - I apply with a brush (current favorite powder brush is Sephora Pro #50) and then I use the puff to press the powder into the foundation. I have washed my puff and found it easy to wash with facewash. I squeezed all the water out and set it to dry on a towel. It was taking too long and I needed it for the next morning so I wound up using my blow dryer on medium heat, finished on low, and that worked great and restored the original texture of the velour. I would not recommend high heat as I think this is glued together and you don't want to overheat the glue. It looks like new, didn't fall apart. If you did need to replace it, Laura Mercier has some nice puffs that I think will fit in this container.

In summary - love it, will definitely buy again. HG.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No