April 18, 2014 | 1810 users online

Loose Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by fabnoble

I used to use mineral makeup but I found that it was too thick for my skin. I loved the feel of the mineral veil but it really didn't cover any small imperfections. On a whim I tried this product and I am hooked. Although it is a little pricey, I can never go back. I use the Dior Airflash in medium beige and use this as a setting powder and my skin literally looks airbrushed.

There is so much product that comes in the container, so although the price is a bit of a turn off. (US 54.00) The product will last you at least 8-9 months. The power has the same feel of a mineral veil but still covers the small imperfections we have. Enjoy it! Splurge:)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2013 6:03:00 AM More reviews by ge1shh

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought the tub was too large at first, but that's a good thing because there's plenty room to dab the puff, or swirl your brush without the loose powder falling out over the edges - far less messier than previous loose powders I've had. It is pleasant to apply (I use the puff provided, finishing off with a powder brush) and it leaves my face feeling fresh and pampered (perhaps that's due to the quality of the powder puff). It doesn't leave a heavy powdered look - sort of semi-matte finish. I have Translucent shade 2, and I think it's the right colour for my skin, but personally I prefer powders which give me a lift, a sort of radiance, which I think would be a different type of powder which I can't seem to find right now! In the meantime I will continue to use this powder. It will last me ages so I'm not sure yet if I will re-purchase, but I guess I would.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by chazerb

Amazing powder. Packaging is lovely on my make up cabinet. Works on its own or over foundation.. Only problem is I can't carry it around as its too heavy. I imagine it will last forever with 1oz of product :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I was using natural bamboo powder before and I thought it was ok. Now with comparison to Chanel one I see bamboo powder was a crap and did absolutely NOTHING...

It comes in a lovely big sturdy jar with puff. Its scented as you would expect from such a french company. I actually like it but it disappears almost immediately.
Its really finely milled, its feels like a velvety powder between the fingers and so it does on the face- it leaves velvety finish. If I want more matte finish I just put more and roll it into the skin with a puff- when put with a brush it leaves more dewiness from foundation.

I find that it sets my pile of skincare and then a little makeup perfectly, my under eye concealer stopped creasing and also I find that it makes my pores appear smaller. It doesnt emphasise dry flakes, it doesnt sit on the little face hair... In the same time it keeps my T-zone shine at bay.

Overall its great setting, beautifying and even a mattifying powder for my dehydrated/combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by lidyachu

I adore Chanel, a lot. Haha. But anyway, I love this loose powder. I got this on #20 (Clair) and use it as setting powder with my Chanel Pinceau Poudre Plat No 3. It's really fine milled powder, and looks like it's invisible once I put it on to my skin. It doesn't make me look cakey, which is a bonus for me. Definitely will purchase. And I think a jar (one ounce) will take you a long time to finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Draka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect product for me. And taking into consideration the amount of product you get for your money, it's not expensive at all.
It's finely milled, which means you don't need too much of it and it will blend out perfectly. Indeed, there is the chance you pick up too much product, but it can be blended and won't be a disaster, until you get used to it. The product itself doesn't have a whole lot of oil control. I have combo skin but I get quite greasy in the summer. I don't usually blot with powder, I prefer those blotting papers, but I can say even if I get a bit greasy, it doesn't shine on me. I also don't see any problem with glitter: it keeps me matte, but not shiny, even of I have a bit ore oil on my skin. But it does look natural, so if you're after that flat expressionless face, this is not the product for you.
I'm using the shade 20 and amazingly it suits me well, considering I'm using shade 10 for foundation.
About its lasting power, it ok throughout the day, but it depends mostly on your foundation. I wear this for around 12 hours, and when I get home from work I still look impecable with a long lasting foundation like Lancome Teint Idole 24. It doesn't last me that long with Vitalumiere aqua though

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was in the market for a new powder (I've been using MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder), and I'd read so many positive things about this powder I figured if it got such glowing reviews I would be willing to give it a try - and I'm glad I did!

I bought this powder in Clair 20 which I found perfectly matches/compliments my skin tone, it is extremely fine in texture, absolutely gorgeous Chanel packaging although the pot is MASSIVE. For me, this doesn't really matter as I don't cart any makeup around with me during the day, although if you are inclined to reapply this might present a problem...

I'm not a massive fan of the puff applicator the pot comes with - I prefer applying with a brush, but that's an easy enough change to make. The powder itself is AMAZING: I find it just sets my foundation perfectly, gives a flawless yet natural look, has an extremely gentle and light smell (almost like an unscented lotion), and is wonderfully long wearing all the while maintaining a natural look.

I had a particularly gruelling shift at work where I was literally running around sweating like crazy, but my makeup continued to look amazing!

This is an absolutely stunning powder, better than the ones I've used (Bare Minerals, MAC) by miles, and although slightly expensive is definitely worth the price tag!

UPDATE: I've been using this powder for a little while now, and I find it works even better the less makeup you have under it. I'm finding it looks best over "bare" skin (in my case, over a primer and a little concealer here and there). I does SOMETIMES get a little shiny (I'm talking after the better part of a day's wear, around 10 hours) and emphasise the pores on and around my nose and cheeks, so I'm going to try a more pore-refining primer underneath and see if that does the trick. Over all I am still absolutely loving this gorgeous powder, and will definitely re-purchase when the time comes!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by missnjones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok, so this is a an excellent powder, and you get a lot of product for the price you pay which makes it actually quite cost effective. It sets everything to stay, does not ever look cakey even if I accidently over apply, and keeps me looking fresh without looking shiny or too matte during the day. The only drawback which surprised me was how much the product smells of talc, which was very off putting but the product itself if good enough to outweigh this

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by lottiescarlett

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm sure that you can get other powders as good as this for maybe less. but for me personally I don't think I ever need to try another.
I have incredibly pale skin and this powder was perfect on it and the consultant assured me it will last AT LEAST a year. This is my first non drugstore powder and I have no regrets. Your skin - on a very very very good day

PROS
perfect for my (18 year old) skin
doesn't mask/clog/compete with foundation
no need for a primer!
sets make up for the entire day - I now use less foundation/concealer
keeps the t-zone incredibly fresh yet matt all day
not ashamed to have it in my make up bag!
going to last for A G E S
skin looks great in photos - even with flash
works WITH foundation to colour-correct complexion

CONS
had to buy a powder brush as the (cute) puff it comes with didn't work well with the powder
bulky - not keen to take this anywhere but with the staying power there's no need to
PRICE. I winced as I handed £36 over but if it lasts me a year or two I can't complain

If you're in two minds - get this! At first my skin felt a little tingly after using, but after using it for a week my skin is now fine with it. I got it in '20 clair.'

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by maeshiil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Best powder, plain and simple.
Yes, it's expensive, but the jar is huge and you need very little to set your whole face, so it will undoubtedly last you a very long time. BIG bang for your bucks. Finely milled, beautiful finish, beautiful classic Chanel packaging, nice smell. I really don't see how it can get better than this.