Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.5

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Boron nitride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Aluminum hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, CI 77007, CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 4/17/2014 1:43:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Pros:

Smells AMAAAAZIIIING!!!
Good amount of product for the price can last up to a year
Luxurious packaging
Super duper finely milled
Velvety, smooth to the touch
Blurs pores, makes skin look like porcelain
Very sheer. Best if used as a finishing/setting powder
Great for dry skin to oily skin
Does not cling onto dry patches (beware go easy on the undereye area)

Cons:

Some may not like the floral smell (me? I'm a sucker for smells yummy ^.^
I wish it would have a sifter so the waste of product would be minimum
And not good for travel

Overall:

Love it❤️❤️❤️
Just wish that the packaging had a lid, lock, sifter or somethinf to control the ammount of powder that comes out!

on 2/28/2014 6:43:00 AM

Amazing powder to set foundation with. It gives a really natural finish and with it on, my skin looks really smooth and nice. It does help foundation stay put a little longer but if you have oily skin, it won't be enough for you. It isn't mattifying at all. I usually lightly dust this over my entire face and then add a little bit of blot powder on my nose and T-zone. The packaging has to be my favorite of all my makeup products! Love the classy and simple Chanel packaging. The price may seem like a lot, but you also get a lot of product. Overall, I love this powder. It is all that I look for in an everyday setting powder.

on 2/26/2014 4:14:00 AM

Good! Love it!

on 2/15/2014 10:04:00 PM

I wanted to buy a powder that stays on for hours and will not become oily at the end of the day. This powder does it all. It looks beautiful on the skin and does not feel like you have tons of powder in your face and you can use it alone without foundation. I got it in shade no 40 Dore which is the perfect shade for summer time when I am tanned but I think it might be little too dark to use in winter. Other than that I am very happy with it. Since I like to buy little fancier makeup (with no reasonable reason :P) I didn't mind the price that much. Would the tube be little smaller I would probably reconsider buying it but since its quite huge its ok :)

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is what loose setting powder should be. I've used this for years - I've tried MANY many brands, but always come back to this for the beauty of the finish.
It doesn't blot all day, as you get older, you have to watch how much you apply, but at age 59 this one is still working for me as others have fallen by the wayside because of how they emphasis lines. This WILL, but is much less likely to do so if applied judiciously.
Its smells wonderful, is very expensive, but a little goes a long way and you get a good bit of powder.

on 1/25/2014 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A great powder to lightly set your foundation. It's doesn't keep me matte all day but at least 3-4 hours. I've been using it for about 5 months and still have quite a lot left. Doesn't clog my pores and feels luxurious

on 1/25/2014 12:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

When I was a teenager, I used Yardley loose powder. It was perfect, but it just disappeared from the shelves at one point. Then I've tried other brands and none came close to this so I gave up even trying to find good loose powder. Then I've read great reviews here about Chanel and I've bought it without even testing it. And I haven't regret it. It's great! The color of the powder is neutral, not warm or cool (I have 20 clair - translucent 1). It is very fine milled so you can apply it lightly for more natural or heavily for more matte look. Too bad that it won't keep your shine at bay for more than 3-4 hours. That's its only downside, but I would repurchase, definitely.

on 1/12/2014 10:06:00 AM

Pretty much the bestest powder in the world for everyone and anyone.

I have combo/slightly dry skin that used to be oily all over. Needless to say, I have quite a few acne scars as well as a bit of rosecea and beginnings of wind burn thanks to Edmonton weather. I've been trying out some of the radiant/luminous foundations and with those, I always need a good setting powder that won't stray.

The shade 30 Naturel gives me back some of the tan I've lost without me looking like an oompa loompa.

J'suis amoureuse.

on 1/4/2014 2:24:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I bought this powder some time last year. I have been using it almost daily since that time. I really do like this powder and you get a lot of product, but I can't really say that it is so much better than other loose powders. I don't think I will be buying this again. $52 for a loose powder. Really? I bought this on the recommendation of a youtube guru that I like. I love the Chanel container and I display it on my vanity. But next time I'll probably buy a different powder and put it the Chanel container. :) If I change my mind later and decide that this is the most amazing powder ever, I'll edit this review accordingly. But right now I have to say that I won't be spending $52 on another loose powder. I would much rather save my money for the Naked 3!

It's now a year later. I finished this powder a couple of months ago and now I am really sad. This powder never let me down. I used it daily and never had cakieness. I tried all the powders I currently own and bought a couple new ones. Nothing compares. Not sure when I'm going to have over $50 to spend on a face powder but I know it's just a matter of time. I loved this powder that much.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is super lovely! I am quite oily and this keeps my make up looking fresh and flawless all day. The powder is so fine it makes my skin look incredible.

Heaps of product! Worth the $$$