Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base

3.2

active ingredients: titanium dioxide 6.40% [] zinc oxide 2.00% ingredients: water\aqua\eau [] trioctyldodecyl citrate [] cyclopentasiloxane [] butylene glycol [] c12-15 alkyl benzoate [] steareth-2 [] stearyl dimethicone [] tricaprylyl citrate [] silica [] barium sulfate [] lecithin [] sorbitan tristearate [] aluminum stearate [] sea whip extract [] glyceryl stearate [] tocopheryl acetate [] peg-100 stearate [] sucrose [] pantethine [] caffeine [] octyldodecyl neopentanoate [] ceteth-2 [] peg-40 stearate [] dimethicone [] cetearyl alcohol [] glycosaminoglycans [] peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone [] steareth-20 [] bisabolol [] magnesium ascorbyl phosphate [] polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate [] phytosphingosine [] sodium stearate [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] caprylyl glycol [] isopropyl titanium triisostearate [] stearic acid [] hexylene glycol [] xanthan gum [] citric acid [] disodium edta [] bht [] phenoxyethanol [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289)

on 6/18/2012 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

So I gave into the hype of Redness Solutions and purchased 3 full size products. This being one of them. I do have mild redness issues and was hoping this would be my new primer. However, this one really did not work well for me. It is more like a concealer for redness than a primer. That being said, Physicians Formula: Conceal RX in soft green is a much better concealer and even at full price (around $9) is still less than half of the retail price. I will stick with the PF for now.

I really wanted this to cover up some of my rosacean redness but it doesn't. I keep trying it under different foundations (CG Simply Ageless, BE, Clinique...) and it never gives enough coverage to justify the price tag. As well, it makes my face oddly shiny wherever I've used it. I'm afraid this is a loser. I'm glad it works for some people but it did not work for me. Surprisingly, I get better coverage buffing in a bunch of BE Bisque under my foundation.

HTH!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Just because its green doesn't mean it has to smell like pickles!

on 4/3/2012 8:44:00 PM

I love this product! I put it on and it instantly reduces redness. I use it under my bare essentials mineral foundation, and this works as a MUCH better primer than the one in the bare essentials line. It has SPF, so that is nice. Only complaint- the price. if i can afford to repurchase, i will.

on 2/21/2012 10:28:00 PM

I'm having some pregnancy-induced redness around my nose and chin, so I thought I'd give this a try. Since I'm covering a relatively small area, a tiny dab goes a long way and blends nicely underneath my foundation (BE Fair). This product doesn't give as much slip as the dimethicone-based primer that I usually use, but my foundation still goes on relatively smoothly.

I like that I can use a tiny bit of this in a targeted area without having to use a concealer, since concealer tends to look cakey when I put it on in this area.

on 2/4/2012 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This primer/ corrector product goes on smoothly. It has a green tint to it, which is good for correcting red spots on the face, but not so good for applying all over the face as it will leave a strange greenish-pale cast to the skin. It is fragrance-free. My main complaint is that the SPF of 15 is too low for rosacea-prone skin, so another higher SPF product must be used also.

on 1/24/2012 12:37:00 PM

When the SA swatched it on me, It didnt seem too bad, so I bought it as I wanted a 'primer' that can conceal my redness and has SPF.

This contains SPF 15. It does seem a little greasy so you have to be careful from putting too much on. It does conceal the redness but not all of it, which is good because I have tried other colour correctors and they do cover my redness but it makes me look way too green.

After applying foundation, I do look a little more lighter than before but I think its the SPF. I am sort of wanting to 'brighten' my skin so I don't mind this.

Down sides to this is that it can be a pain to apply, cus its sooo hard to blend, its quite thick. Also the smell of this product is awful! I never noticed it before purchasing but once i got home I noticed the smell.

Packaging was simple, nothing special. Price wasn' too bad, but i would not repurchase this product. I am still on the look out for a good colour corrector with SPF.

on 1/23/2012 9:58:00 AM

Hmm, I really don't know how to judge this product. Sure, it neutralizes the red, but it is not enough for me. But I still like this product, even if is on your own not as good, but with Studio Secrets Anti Redness Primer is pretty good. I don't know why I like to use this under other things.
I don't know if I going to buy this again.

My english isn't that good, but I'm from Sweden, so don't blame me. :)

Edit: Okay, I don't like it. It's so greasy.

on 11/26/2011 5:10:00 AM

I have sensitive skin with mild rosacea and I was excited to try this product, but it was an absolute waste of money. It felt thick and gloopy on my skin, the green tint did nothing and I broke out horribly everywhere I used it. AVOID!

on 11/10/2011 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have mild rosacea that I don't even bother to cover up most days as my skin is pretty even toned.

I bought this because I'm always in search of a sunscreen that doesn't make my skin flare up. HOLY SHEET! This is not it!

I know it only has titanium dioxide and zinc oxide in it and my skin shouldn't react to it but there's something in it that made my skin burn and turn red as soon as I put it on. I had to get it off of my face ASAP and put on a soothing mask. Even then I had redness and burning for the rest of the day.