Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base

3.2

active ingredients: titanium dioxide 6.40% [] zinc oxide 2.00% ingredients: water\aqua\eau [] trioctyldodecyl citrate [] cyclopentasiloxane [] butylene glycol [] c12-15 alkyl benzoate [] steareth-2 [] stearyl dimethicone [] tricaprylyl citrate [] silica [] barium sulfate [] lecithin [] sorbitan tristearate [] aluminum stearate [] sea whip extract [] glyceryl stearate [] tocopheryl acetate [] peg-100 stearate [] sucrose [] pantethine [] caffeine [] octyldodecyl neopentanoate [] ceteth-2 [] peg-40 stearate [] dimethicone [] cetearyl alcohol [] glycosaminoglycans [] peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone [] steareth-20 [] bisabolol [] magnesium ascorbyl phosphate [] polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate [] phytosphingosine [] sodium stearate [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] caprylyl glycol [] isopropyl titanium triisostearate [] stearic acid [] hexylene glycol [] xanthan gum [] citric acid [] disodium edta [] bht [] phenoxyethanol [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289)

on 2/21/2012 10:28:00 PM

I'm having some pregnancy-induced redness around my nose and chin, so I thought I'd give this a try. Since I'm covering a relatively small area, a tiny dab goes a long way and blends nicely underneath my foundation (BE Fair). This product doesn't give as much slip as the dimethicone-based primer that I usually use, but my foundation still goes on relatively smoothly.

I like that I can use a tiny bit of this in a targeted area without having to use a concealer, since concealer tends to look cakey when I put it on in this area.

on 2/4/2012 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This primer/ corrector product goes on smoothly. It has a green tint to it, which is good for correcting red spots on the face, but not so good for applying all over the face as it will leave a strange greenish-pale cast to the skin. It is fragrance-free. My main complaint is that the SPF of 15 is too low for rosacea-prone skin, so another higher SPF product must be used also.

on 1/24/2012 12:37:00 PM

When the SA swatched it on me, It didnt seem too bad, so I bought it as I wanted a 'primer' that can conceal my redness and has SPF.

This contains SPF 15. It does seem a little greasy so you have to be careful from putting too much on. It does conceal the redness but not all of it, which is good because I have tried other colour correctors and they do cover my redness but it makes me look way too green.

After applying foundation, I do look a little more lighter than before but I think its the SPF. I am sort of wanting to 'brighten' my skin so I don't mind this.

Down sides to this is that it can be a pain to apply, cus its sooo hard to blend, its quite thick. Also the smell of this product is awful! I never noticed it before purchasing but once i got home I noticed the smell.

Packaging was simple, nothing special. Price wasn' too bad, but i would not repurchase this product. I am still on the look out for a good colour corrector with SPF.

on 1/23/2012 9:58:00 AM

Hmm, I really don't know how to judge this product. Sure, it neutralizes the red, but it is not enough for me. But I still like this product, even if is on your own not as good, but with Studio Secrets Anti Redness Primer is pretty good. I don't know why I like to use this under other things.
I don't know if I going to buy this again.

My english isn't that good, but I'm from Sweden, so don't blame me. :)

Edit: Okay, I don't like it. It's so greasy.

on 11/26/2011 5:10:00 AM

I have sensitive skin with mild rosacea and I was excited to try this product, but it was an absolute waste of money. It felt thick and gloopy on my skin, the green tint did nothing and I broke out horribly everywhere I used it. AVOID!

on 11/10/2011 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have mild rosacea that I don't even bother to cover up most days as my skin is pretty even toned.

I bought this because I'm always in search of a sunscreen that doesn't make my skin flare up. HOLY SHEET! This is not it!

I know it only has titanium dioxide and zinc oxide in it and my skin shouldn't react to it but there's something in it that made my skin burn and turn red as soon as I put it on. I had to get it off of my face ASAP and put on a soothing mask. Even then I had redness and burning for the rest of the day.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have redness on my cheeks which is worse towards my jawline.
I was given this to try, I dont normally buy clinique products because I think that for what they do they are over priced.
You only need to use this sparingly, it left a green cast on my skin and made me look very pale. Under foundation though, it did its job, the redness was reduced and my liquid foundation went on over it smoothly.
I dont think this would be good with powder because despite only using a small amount it is still pretty thick, my skin felt slightly congested. It didnt do anything to improve the condition of my skin but it didnt make it worse. I also didnt notice a pickle smell that other people have!
I would have purchased this when I ran out out but I discovered that a small amount of mineral powder foundation on red patches, under my liquid foundation works even better for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really like this and it suits my acne rosacea skin. It doesn't make me break out, but if you use too much of it it can make you look a bit greasy. The green tint doesn't conceal redness completely but it helps tone it down and even out skin. I've repurchased this a couple of times now as I use it almost everyday throughout the year.

on 8/30/2011 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok, so as a primer-not so much. Its too greasy to be effective on my oily skin. Plus it gives an odd green cast to my face. I honestly would rather spot treat my red patches with concealor. That being said, it didn't irritate or break me out. I like the smell (sorta like pickles) but then again I'm weird like that...... But here's the interesting thing: My toddler is potty training so she wears big girl undies for her naps instead of diapers. Yesterday she had an accident and I didn't realize she was wet until she woke up. By then her bottom was really red from being in her wet undies. Because she only wears diapers at night, we haven't had use for diaper rash cream in awhile so of course I couldn't find a tube. But I did have my Clinique Redness Relief Primer. Dabbed a bit on the rash and it worked like a charm! Redness and irritation totally gone! Normally takes a diaper rash cream a day or two to do what this did in one application (and trust me, I was using it very sparingly). So yay! This won't rot in my bathroom drawer after all :)

on 8/14/2011 6:54:00 PM

I had such a bad reaction to this product. I know it's not the silicone as I have used products with silicone in before and not had an adverse reaction.
On application it did nothing to cover my redness, it felt odd to apply, and took ages to sink into my skin, leaving behind a greasy residue.
After removing my make-up (which didn't stay on very long on top of this) my entire face was bright red, and I had broken out in my nose and chin area. My skin was tender to touch, and the redness did not fade for 2 days, the breakouts lasted 3.
I changed nothing else in my routine so I know this product caused it.
I will never use a Clinique product again, as the two products I have used from them have been of poor quality.

Popular Primer/ Correctors