Thai Deodorant Crystal

4.6

I have been using this kind of deodorant for years and will never go back! I have no odor using this, and no white gunk under my arms.

How it works is it prevents odor-causing bacteria from growing. So you still sweat, which is healthy for you, you just don't smell!

One stick of this lasts me at least a year.

Great product and great value!

on 5/23/2010 12:32:00 PM

This is incredible!!! I noticed that I get about the same amount of dampness as I do from a really high level aluminum antipersperant. But there is No sticky nasty feeling, No gunk all over my clothing, No staining of my clothing and the best of all.....Seriously NO smell at all! I honestly can't believe it but I don't smell at all. I am a seriously athletic person, sweat a ton when I work out and this is unbelievable at how it eliminates any odor. Because there is no scent to this, I can wear any perfume, shower with any gel and never get a weird masky smell. The only drawback is that because it's like a salt block, it does dry out my underarms a touch. I am done with chemical deodorants after this, I am soo happy with it!

Update: I do need to skip a day or two during the week because this has been a bit drying for my skin and caused a little rash. But after a day off, I'm back to good!

on 5/13/2010 3:05:00 PM

I think humans are suppose to sweat to help our bodies release toxins, but I don't want to stink either...I LOVE this deodorant! I use it in the spray form and it works! I can sweat all day and never stink at all! It doesn't leave a white gunky mess on my clothes or stain my bra's, and I never smell B.O mixed with baby powder or cherry blossoms! In fact I never smell B.O at all with this! Love Love Love and I will definitely buy it again, though it will probably be 2 years from now, I have a feeling the bottle will last quite awhile...

on 3/22/2010 7:39:00 PM

This product is amazing. I use the spray bottle type which, goes faster than the rock but, I like how when I spray it, it lands a lot of different places since I sweat a lot from working out.
I've never stank (my husband would tell me if I did) and as a mother of 3 have gone w/o showering daily even after working out and still don't smell.
I'm amazed this hasn't gotten more rating or more people don't know about it. I think gels and white bars of deodorant leave that gunky feel under your arms~yuck. It's been 3 years and I've never gone back to normal deodorant. I don't mind sweating and if you don't either you can't go wrong with this stuff.

on 12/7/2009 10:37:00 PM

I've been using this for about 7 weeks now and I have to say I've been totally blown away. This beats any other deodorant I've tried (natural or otherwise) by a long shot. I don't mind sweating but I refuse to stink. And this hasn't let me down once in the entire 7 weeks I've been using it. Working, sleeping, playing, stressing...not a hint of odor! HG.

on 8/29/2009 2:13:00 PM

I use the powdered crystals (underarms and elsewhere.) It is an OUTSTANDING product, especially when used in conjunction with (my recipe:) Herbal Clear's Naturally (aloe swipe-on), followed by a blend of Thai Powder and Gold Bond Powder. No aluminum, no poisoning, no Alzheimer's! And it keeps me dry, fresh,odor-free, and bacteria-free for 24hrs+, if needed.

on 8/15/2009 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The first time I used it, I swiped it about 50 times under each arm, and OMG!! I've been sweating ALL DAY! from working in the kitchen, running back and forth, then sweeping and mopping at the end of the day. And best of all! I was ODORLESS! I LOVE it!! then days after that, I only swiped it a few times under each arms, works just as good. This is definitely HG! It's also odorless so it was clash with what ever scent you're wearing.
I got this for about 6 bucks from Vitacost, but there are a lot cheaper ones out there on other sites.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Crystal deodorants work about as well as normal doedorants without any health risks. Enough said.

on 7/9/2009 5:24:00 PM

I just adore this product! It is a wonderful deodorant and does not irritate my skin at all. I spent $7.00 on it at Whole Foods and it lasted for TWO YEARS! You just can't beat that price.

If you get the product in stick form, let the stick dry out completely, before screwing the top back on. If you don't, it may get moldy like my first one did.

on 2/24/2009 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have been searching for an effective deodorant for ages and this little crystal rocks! I have tried Tom's of Maine, Jason, Kiss My Face, Alba, Weleda and they work but they're all just okay. I often had to reapply haflway through the day. I'm not concerned about sweating because its a natural process and I don't sweat very much unless I'm exercising, but obviously I don't want to be smelly. The crytal is so easy to use. I wet it under the tap and apply about 10 times/armpit and then rinse it off. My armpits have been dry all day and no smell. The crystal kills the bacteria so you don't end up with BO. Even by the end of the day when I smell my armpit (gross I know but how else am I supposed to tell if it works) there is no smell. Sometimes I put a bit of LUSH Silky Underwear Powder over it just for the aroma. I bought the trial size at Whole Foods for $2.95 CDN and I think it will last a really long time. The benefits IMO of using deodorant over antiperspirant are: no irritation, my armpits are soft and smooth, no white marks on clothes and no pit stains on white tshirts. I will admit that I was skeptical about the crystal, but it really works.