December 18, 2014 | 1031 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Total Effects 7-in-1 Mature Skin Therapy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 7:07:00 PM More reviews by misanders

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin normally,but decided to try this in fall when my skin was more combo-normal. It worked great. Gave me a ton of moisture without breaking me out. My fine lines around my eyes were improved. I used both day and night and the bottle lasted about 6 weeks. For me there was only one negative- the smell. I don't understand why so many products use that sickly fruity smell. Gag!! It smells alot like the fragrance in the Olay Quench body lotion. Please Olay stop using that horrible scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Baiju

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product. Provides enough moisture but not greasy. Improves skin fine lines and wrinkles. I have oily skin, so I probably will not use this in summer. For the price, it is a good deal. I will buy it again when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this on the advice of beautypedia for it's high rating for antioxidants and niacinamide along with the positive reviews from MUA. I'm very happy with this product! I use this solely at night and apply this cream over top of either my Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream Night, RoC products, or Alpha Hydrox AHA's.
I love the texture, quick absorption, and delivery of just the right amount of moisturization to my skin. I have not experienced any negative side effects or sensitivities.
The pump dispenser is genius for protecting the product from light and air. Will definitely repurchase.
UPDATE: I have repurchased this a few times and really love it as a night moisturizer applied over top of retinol and AHA products. In addition I have started using this as my day time under eye cream and it's fantastic for that too. Absorbs quickly into my skin, adds just the right amount of moisture, and hasn't interfered with my under eye foundation or concealer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

This moisturizer feels uncomfortably sticky and isn't moisturizing enough for my dry skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Andio

I was looking for a new moisturizer and I have found a goodie! I read the reviews on PB-Beautypedia and then consulted my MUA and I am not disappointed. I put this on in the evening and love how it makes my skin feel. I also love how this has coconut oil as the seventh ingredient. The benefits of coconut oil can be attributed to its properties such as antimicrobial, antioxidant, antifungal, antibacterial, and skin soothing effects! My skin is enjoying this and will continue to use. The fragrance is light. I prefer no fragrance but until they come out with a fragrance free version--I'll stick with this. By the way, I am in my 30ies and don't believe all the hype that this is for mature skin :S If you are looking for something new to try, this is not that expensive compared to dept. store brands and I am hoping the niacinamide will help with with skin discolorations. Will update after 30 days of use.
EDIT: This stuff has too much fragrance. I have stopped using it, bothers my allergies too much!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Karin1539

I am reviewing the Total Effects moisturizer with the pump that says it is for women reaching menopause. I am not in menopause yet, but I bought this because I was actually looking for a moisturizer without suncreen since I already wear a pretty heavy duty ss. Also to those who follow Paula Begoun's advice, she has this on her best ss-free moisturizers' list. Anyhow, this was $19.00 at CVS, and I think that was a sale price.I really love it. It comes in a pump that so far works great. It is not greasy nor heavy but it is moisturizing my skin perfectly. I have no idea if it will cure/prevent any aging signs as I haven't used it long enough, but as far a moisturizer it is great. It really improves the overall look of my skin. I've had no issues with the scent, there is one and its not like it is great or anything but it is not bothering me. Before this I was using Olay Complete for Sensitve skin SPF15 and I liked that but find this product is doing a better job for my skin. Olay moisturizers have thus far not broken me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by MamaChoobie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not sure if the product has been changed, because the item I bought had no discernible fragrance. I love it: the texture is rich but not heavy, and it really softens without feeling oily. My only lament is that it doesn't seem to be available with an SPF; that would seal the deal for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2008 2:33:00 PM More reviews by GoldenVenissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'd like to begin by saying I'm not in the "mature" age category, being only 23 years old. I bought this item after the Olay Regenerist Serum began to not be moisturizing enough for me. I almost skipped over this product because of the fact that it's being marketed to women hitting menopause. But, when you think about it, why can't I take advantage of the ingredients of this product that are supposedly meant to turn back the clock? Doesn't prevention make more sense than trying to repair irreversible damage?

I thought this was a great product. Yes, the smell can be heavy at first, but I found it pleasant and it dispersed within moments of application. It absorbed quickly into my skin and the frangrance did not irritate my sensitive skin at all, nor did it cause any break-outs, which can happen easily with my dry, acne-prone (product induced) skin.

I will definitely be buying this moisturizer again!

**UPDATE DEC/15/2008: My face is still clear - this product has not caused me to break out at all. My skin looks great, better than it has in almost a year!**

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2008 5:09:00 PM More reviews by tib7by

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good product and a good price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by goblinwand

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure if this is the same product previously reviewed, but if it is they must have reformulated the fragrance part at least. The product I am reviewing is from the Total Effects product line from Olay and it features 7x Visible Anti-Aging Vitamin Complex. This is marketed for Mature Skin for women in the menopause stage of life. The packaging is pleasing and functional with a black pump on top which also has a clear plastic protector cap. One full pump is a bit too much for my face so you don't even have to push the pump down all the way. The moisturizer is a pretty creamy skin tone color and is thick and creamy in texture. It has a delicate fragrance with no discernible smell about it. It's hardly there but you couldn't call it fragrance-free since it does contain some fragrance in the ingredients list. I have been using this day and night (with a powder foundation containing SPF 15 over it for day) and I just love it. My skin feels soft, smooth and my under eye wrinkles have softened a bit already. My forehead looks smooth too. I especially like using it as an eye cream as it is non-irritating next to my eyes. The lotion sinks in to my skin immediately and there's no greasy feeling -- just soft moisturized radiant skin.
UPDATE: I've been using this continuously for two years now and just purchased a new bottle. It still love this stuff! My skin looks great. UPDATE 2: It's May 2011, and I'm still using continuously and LOVE this stuff! My skin looks wonderful, is smooth, soft, silky, radiant and has made aging more graceful wrinkle-wise.

14 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No