August 1, 2014 | 1058 users online

Toners - Rosewater

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by lwashin88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I have acne-prone sensitive combo skin. I wash my face with cleanser (Black Soap or Dr. Bronner's) and my face dries up. So I use this as a facial spray and it seems to calm my dryness yet my face is never oily and it dries up blemishes to the point where they merely disappear. On the bottle it saids you can use it as a body splash; love it love it! It is hard to find a perfume with zero chemicals and is all natural, it just smells great . You can also use it as an all-natural deodorant, I tried it over Humphrey's Witch Hazel and no b.o!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 2
Price: 2 ($12.99/240 mL)
Packaging: 3
Buy again: no

---------------------------------------------------

The idea of using Rosewater in place of expensive LUSH toning waters was appealing to me, and since it's been around forever, I figured I couldn't go wrong.

Maybe it's just the brand of Rosewater I used (Heritage Store Products) but it made me break out pretty bad! I know it's this product because I am using the same face moisturizer and cleanser, but using a different toner, and my face is getting better.

When I first started using it, I found it very refreshing and enjoyed the scent - smells like real roses, not that fake rose scent. I use LUSH moisturizers, and they tend to go on better when the face is slightly damp. After using it for a week or so, I noticed clogged pores on my forehead (I never breakout here) and on my chin with cystic acne! It took me a few days to figure out it was the rosewater... but now I don't really know what to do with it, now that I have almost a full bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Jpatel91

This is one of the best toners I've ever tried. I just spray some on my face morning and night and wipe it off with a cotton round. It doesn't dry out my skin too much and makes it glow! Definitely a must have for people with large pores, oily skin, and acne.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by slidingdoors

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am sorry to give this product a negative review, since most other reviewers here were so happy with it!

After reading about its soothing and lightly-moisturizing properties, I was interested to try rosewater as a toner.

My preference would have been to get food-grade rosewater that is meant for cooking, but I couldn't find any at the supermarkets in my area, and the prices of that type of rosewater on Amazon were too high for what what it was.

Therefore, I ended up getting a small spray bottle of Heritage Rose Water at a health foods store for about $6 -- even though I am dubious about the idea of "Vor-Mag" water, and find the "recommended by Edgar Cayce" notation on the bottle to be off-putting (you can look him up on Wikipedia), which of course is the opposite of the company's intention.

Positives
+The small bottle is a nice size
+The sprayer works well
+The price isn't bad
+The scent is light and pleasant, not too heavy or cloying (as I had feared it might be) - and I'm not a big rose-fragrance person. The scent disappears after about 15 minutes.
+The product is simple, just 2 ingredients, and seems pretty natural and pure
+The spray felt refreshing
+The product did seem to be a little moisturizing in a very light way, which was just what I wanted
+it didn't break me out, in the short time that I used it

Negatives
-I agree with a previous reviewer that the bright pink bottle with so much writing on it is a little unattractive, but that's not a big issue for me
-As I mentioned above, the whole "vor-mag" and "Cayce" thing isn't my cup of tea
-The third day I used it, about the fifth time in total that I had ever used it on my face (I only put it on when my skin was bare and clean), after 30 minutes I began to have a reaction to it. My face felt really hot. After a further 15 minutes of not knowing what was going on (thinking I was coming down with the flu or something), I realized that it might be the rosewater toner and I washed the product off, then put cool-water compresses on my burning skin afterwards. It was a strange feeling - like having a high fever without being internally ill. This lasted for an additional half an hour. I still wasn't sure it was due to the product, because my skin didn't look as red as I would have expected it to.

To make sure that the burning sensation had been due to the product and not a bizarre passing fever, several hours later, after my skin was completely back to normal, I sprayed a little of the product on one area of one cheek, and left it to dry. After 15 minutes, that one area started to feel hot, so I washed it off. I won't use the rosewater anymore.

I do have sensitivities to a number of natural products, foods, pollens, animals' dander, etc., so it would not surprise me if I were also sensitive to rose oil.

---
By the way, if you are interested in seeing more opinions about the Heritage brand of Rosewater, it has its own MUA listing: "Fragrances - Unlisted Brand - Rosewater by Heritage Products".

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

OMG, I thought that Boots Rosewater Toner was the business but I decided to spend a few more pounds and try pure Rosewater and it is absolutely gorgeous. I find the scent addictive and a major part of the whole experience of using it but the fact that rosewater is so refreshing, cleansing and moisturising - meaning I can occasionally go without my regular moisturiser - makes it an essential item for me. I decant it into two separate pump bottles and use one for toning and as a facial mist; to the other I add glycerin and set my make-up with it. I have tried it with glycerin and witch hazel too (as a toner) and that worked out well but that was only for when my skin was really oily. I am easily bored by products but Rosewater is now a staple in my bathroom. Oh, and even though my skin is now in quite poor shape I can still use Rosewater without any problem. What a godsend!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually use a couple of drops of rosewater when doing my bi-weekly Aztec cleansing mask. It keeps my face, which is oily and sensitive, from becoming too red after I rinse the mask off and helps a bit when the smell of the vinegar. It also balances the oiliness I get in the summer. Rosewater alone makes an excellent toning mist when my skin is a bit irritated or congested. It doesn't break me out or leave any residue. I sometimes use it my hair or skin as a light fragrance though it is only temporary. I never used it in my cooking, but will have to try that one day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 6:24:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

A use for rosewater that hasn't been mentioned here: eye drops. There is a v good quality brand my mom uncle and other ppl in my fam use based on doctor's recommendation- i think arq e gulab by marhaba? Anyway i use it all the time- it stings for a second but it cools and refreshes my eyes v well esp in hotter countries. Also v good as toner. I find it better than the much pricier facial mists and toners that I have tried
. Helps moisturizer but on its own too it really soothes and it seems to help retain moisture. i agree with the reviewer who says using this, she woke up to happy glowing skin- same case with me. I wasn't expecting anything either.. As soon as I get a spray bottle I plan to put a lot of it into it as a body mist for summer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 6:07:00 AM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Rosewater is seriously one of the best kept beauty products IT IS AMAZING and has done wonders for my complexion. It is so much brighter and glowing and youthful looking. I use this mostly as a toner and as a refreshing mist on hot and sweaty days. I have also used it as a makeup setting spray to tone down any cakey powdery mess. I love how natural this product is and can seriously notice how much better my skin looks. It is HG status and a staple in my beauty regime :) I get this off iherb for super cheap and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 6:12:00 AM More reviews by AGDMR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

rosewater is great ifyou have dry combinations sensitive face so let me tell you I cant say rosewater,verite lotion cleanser or jojoba one made my face like baby but I am gonna use a toner on it yet still trying to get one efficient but not drying

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by asukadoll

Rosewater is a fantastic toner for any skin type. When I was on BCP I had very dry skin, and using rosewater as a toner helped control my skins dryness and I never again experienced flaking bits around my nose, etc, when wearing makeup. Your skin will feel smooth, supple and velvety, it's amazing! Once I stopped taking BCP my skin became oily and very prone to hormonal/cystic acne. I continue to use rosewater everyday and it helps calm my skin after using harsh acne-fighting products. Some days I take a break from acne-fighting products and just cleanse, spray on some rosewater and let my skin breathe. It helps reduce redness and dryness from acne products. This stuff is miraculous and will work for ANY skin type. Get some. Now!