Rosewater

4.5

Vor-Mag Water (water that has been vortexed and magnetized to raise the energy to a higher vibration that we believe to be more beneficial) and Hydroessential Rose Oil.

on 11/30/2013 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought heritage brand rosewater about three weeks ago. I've been using it as a refreshing spray under and over makeup and also as a body spray.The scent is wonderful!! It however doesn't last long at all. I know its not meant to be a perfume though. I tend to pick it up and mist myself often just to smell it again! I do feel like I get really shiny after using this over makeup so if you have oily skin watch out for that. I will always buy this because of its simple ingredients, multiple uses and the beautiful scent of roses. :D

on 11/24/2013 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used this for years and I will keep using it forever! Very refreshing to mist your face when you get home has a wonderful light rose smell and never leaves my face feeling sticky only cool and soothed.

Here's a little trick I do, ill use this to thin out a moisturizer if i bought one that's too thick for my skin and its always worked well for that too

on 10/11/2013 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

*****Brands I tried
-alteya, heritage, cortas, clic

*****price
Alteya($23/300ml)
Heritage($7/240ml)
Cortas($7/300ml or $4/300ml at some places if you buy bulk)
Clic($3/300ml)

*****Scent
-alteya: sweet, strong honey, dried rose
-heritage: light, fresh rose scent
-cortas: like clic but less of the negative qualities and much sweeter and much more floral
-clic: definitely fresh rose but smells harsh and "fishy"/"watery"

My complexion looks brighte & glowy, some small but stubborn acne disappeared!

I think it is quite moisturizing that I do not need extra moisturizer if used as facial mask. I have oily skin. I just drench the dry mask sheet and leave it on my face for 15 minutes or longer. I spray the rosewater over the mask a few times within that 15 minutes.

I also use it in my hair as leave in conditioner. I cannot comment how well it works as a conditioner but it leaves my hair smelling rosy... The scent lasts for a long time. I mix orange blossom water or Thayer's rose toner with the rosewater to improve the scent.

I cannot tell if one brand is better than others in terms of effectiveness. However alteya is my favorite in terms of scent.

I will continue to buy cortas(cheap) and alteya(organic, smells very good).

on 9/7/2013 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I used to use MUFE Mist and Fix to spray over my mineral powder foundation. A wonderful MUA member suggested using rosewater as a less expensive alternative. I bought a 4 oz. bottle of organic rosewater for $16 (for comparison, a 4.22 oz bottle of Mist and Fix is $29). I actually like the results of the rosewater better. The rosewater isn't as sticky. It also has a nice fragrance. The fragrance does fade pretty quickly though. Each time that I've used the rosewater over the mineral foundation, I've received a compliment on my skin. It kind of glows, without looking oily. I never expected such amazing results. A little goes a long way. You just need a few spritzes over your face.

on 8/30/2013 5:24:00 PM

It's summer and I'm out of school, and I really wanted to get my skin back in shape from stress, eating badly, and sleeping late. I tried all sorts of things, new moisturizers, toners, masks, serums, but all that money down the drain my skin still did not look better. It was still full of hyperpigmentation and dull, and my face averaged 3-4 pimples a week, some of them actually cystic, which was very bizarre since I've never gotten a cystic pimple in my life. I really was beginning to lose hope. So I decided to ditch these products, and try home/DIY remedies. The first was apple cider vinegar, but I couldn't stand the smell despite whatever miracle claims it promised. Many DIY trial and errors later, I stumbled upon rose water, and decided to research it extensively. I stopped by CVS one day to stock up on things, and came across an inexpensive bottle of "rosewater and glycerin", by a brand called De la Cruz. I was very hesitant to try it, because it did have preservatives, and I was wanting to buy an organic, preservative free rose water to use. Nevertheless, I tested it out it out on my hands, and loved how moisturizing it was, and of course you can't not love the smell of roses.

I bought it anyway, thinking that if it didn't work on my face, I would just use it for my body. Needless to say, I'm extremely happy that I've had results similar to many who reviewed this prior to my review. About 1 and a half months in, my skin is supple, smooth, less clogged, and coupled with not wearing makeup daily, it's looked better than it has in months! My face now averages about 1 or 2 pimples every 2-3 weeks, and they are not cystic and very small, and with calamine lotion they dry out and go away with minimal scarring in a couple of days. My scarring is fading day after day, and I truly believe by the time I start school again in September I will have achieved what I sought out to do in the beginning of summer: healthy-looking skin!

Here's my skincare routine if any are interested.

Morning:
Dickinson's witch hazel toner
Spritz of rosewater&glycerin diluted with water (about 1:10 ratio)
Garnier's refreshing gel cream moisturizer

Night:
After thoroughly removing makeup (if I'm wearing any) and cleansing properly:
Equal parts rosewater&glycerin and lemon juice (put in a spray bottle for easy application). Approximately 4-5 spritzes closer to my face does the trick of moisturizing my face.
***In my experience, the rosewater/glycerin counteracts the harshness of the lemon juice a little bit, but you will feel tingling or itchiness the first few minutes before it dries, but it's nothing that I couldn't deal with. The first week I tried this concoction, I did have some breakouts, probably due my skin adjusting to the lemon juice, but it's been smooth sailing afterwards!***

-Avocado oil for my eyes, neck, chest, and hands.

Now I'm wondering about what to do with the plethora of products sitting idly on my bathroom counter...

06/2014
It's been nearly a year since I've done this review, but I thought I'd do an update since this rosewater is now my holy grail beauty product. I now no longer use the De La Cruz brand for my face (I use it for my body). I was worried about the preservatives in the brand, and so I bought pure rose water from eBay and made my own concoction with a tiny bit of avocado oil and about 2 tsp of vegetable glycerin---and it's even better!

I still highly recommend rose water products of any kind to everyone.

on 8/28/2013 9:09:00 AM

I bought organic (so the rose petals come from biodynamic agriculture) PURE (no synthetic fragrance, preservatives whatsoever) rose water. I love it!

I usually use this as a calming facial toner/mist, it has a lovely flowery-fruity smell, and it is really good for keeping my pores clean. I use it after I cleanse my face with coconut oil. This method is my own little ritual, and helped me a lot. I tried some crazy expensive HE facial / flower mists (Tata Harper, John Masters etc) and I have to say the real, pure stuff is the winner.

If you're too lazy to read my review, there you go, a few words why you should try it:
- calming, balancing, smoothing properties
- lovely smell
- antibacterial
- really soothing, I feel less stressed after application

on 8/24/2013 11:47:00 AM

Love rosewater for just about everything....I like to spray it on my face before applying moisturizers, use it mixed with vegetable glycerin, and various oils for a makeup removing oil that is fabulous, and use it on days where I want to kick some curl back in my hair when I don't have time to wash it. I also use it as a facial refresher on hot days, and to spray after I apply makeup to keep it from looking fresh, not dry looking....just feels good, and like the smell- don't know if there are any groundbreaking benefits, but it makes me happy....:)

on 8/24/2013 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this rosewater toner about a year ago. One problem I had with it is that it did not seem like it did anything for my skin. I did like that it smells good and it is not harsh but I did not notice any difference in my skin when I used it. The packaging is great. I got the spray bottle and it has lasted all this time and sprays just as good as when I bought it. One bottle lasts a long time, too. The price was not bad. I got it from Vitacost.com for $7. Even if you used it everyday, it would probably last at least 4-6 months. I never used it everyday so that may have been part of the reason I did not notice any results.

on 8/13/2013 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

So I have acne-prone sensitive combo skin. I wash my face with cleanser (Black Soap or Dr. Bronner's) and my face dries up. So I use this as a facial spray and it seems to calm my dryness yet my face is never oily and it dries up blemishes to the point where they merely disappear. On the bottle it saids you can use it as a body splash; love it love it! It is hard to find a perfume with zero chemicals and is all natural, it just smells great . You can also use it as an all-natural deodorant, I tried it over Humphrey's Witch Hazel and no b.o!

on 8/10/2013 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 2
Price: 2 ($12.99/240 mL)
Packaging: 3
Buy again: no

---------------------------------------------------

The idea of using Rosewater in place of expensive LUSH toning waters was appealing to me, and since it's been around forever, I figured I couldn't go wrong.

Maybe it's just the brand of Rosewater I used (Heritage Store Products) but it made me break out pretty bad! I know it's this product because I am using the same face moisturizer and cleanser, but using a different toner, and my face is getting better.

When I first started using it, I found it very refreshing and enjoyed the scent - smells like real roses, not that fake rose scent. I use LUSH moisturizers, and they tend to go on better when the face is slightly damp. After using it for a week or so, I noticed clogged pores on my forehead (I never breakout here) and on my chin with cystic acne! It took me a few days to figure out it was the rosewater... but now I don't really know what to do with it, now that I have almost a full bottle.