December 22, 2014 | 955 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Boots - No7 Cleanse & Care Eye Make-up Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by nanimav

I really like this product. I don't need a whole lot of it to remove my makeup. Its gentle, I'm not having to pull, tug, or repeatedly go over my eyes to remove makeup. The pump saves me from wasting anything by accidental spills, and I haven't had it leak any me. I'm not sure of the price as I got this as a gift; but I know that I will repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

I am completely in love with this eye makeup remover. Most of the removers I can find in the drugstore are oil-free, and I find that these take way too much work rubbing my eye area to completely remove all my makeup. This is the only one I can find that is made with oil and it does a fabulous job of quickly removing my makeup without a huge amount of pressure or rubbing on my delicate eye area. I personally like the packaging; the pump can be placed in the lock position and I have never had a problem with the product dispensing anywhere other than on my cotton pad. Just remember to shake it up before use because it is made with oil and therefore separates in the bottle. It can be hard for Americans to find Boots, I found mine in Target, though I think some CVS stores carry them. I would recommend this to anyone, except for maybe those who are extremely breakout prone due to the oil content. I'll definitely be stocking up on this product, it is looking like it is my HG remover!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2009 10:47:00 AM More reviews by lou4k6

I have a love hate relationship with this product. I have got through several bottles of this product. I usually get it when no7 have 5 pound vouchers, as i think 6.50 is quite steep,. especially when i tend to get through quite a lot of this. It doesnt last a long time ive found. It removes eye make up well, leaves your eye area moisturised and doesnt sting at all. However the only thing i hate about this product is the GREASE it leaves behind! At first it doesnt feel too bad, but leave it to dry for a sec and its so oily, Now i have oily skin, and it never seemed to be a problem. I could sweep away the oil with my toner--no probs i thought! Its only recently ive started to get little red angry pimples around my eyebrow area(i use eyebrow pencil and use this product to remove it) i havent changed the pencil i use, eye cream etc. So it must be this product. Will continue to use up and see how the pimple situation goes... will update.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2008 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wish I could give the packaging on this a zero, because it is the most infuriating thing I have ever encountered. It has a pump screwed into the bottle, but it is a liquid so is far too thin to be controlled by a pump - it just goes everywhere when you press down on it! I stopped using this about six months ago because of the packaging. I got this all over my bedclothes and carpet so many times, and it left a greasy mark on my duvet cover that still hasn't come out. When I took the pump out entirely, it leaked all over my dressing table, because it didn't have a proper lid, just a click-top thing, so there was nothing to keep it contained when I did the obligatory shaking (I know I should have realised that this would happen, but honestly this packaging drove me so crazy that I couldn't bear the pump for a moment longer). Eventually I bought a small travel bottle from Boots and kept pouring small amounts into it until it was finished.

As a product this is ok. It is fairly greasy, which I don't mind because I have dry skin around my eyes. As long as you shake it up properly it does remove make-up pretty well, which is why I've given it three lippies even though it is my sworn enemy. It is no better than other high street brands though, and certainly not worth the stress!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 11:11:00 AM More reviews by cocofabulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This does a good job of removing my eye make-up. It doesn't sting and I don't need to rub much, but it does leave a bit of a greasy residue. One bottle lasted me about a month, making it slightly out of my price range (I can't afford 6.50 every 4 weeks just to remove mascara!). Would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2008 10:41:00 PM More reviews by xcessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading reviews. I'm so disappointed! It does NOT remove mascara. I've tried it with CG LB, VE, Avon, Cargo - it removes NONE of my mascaras! And it leaves a greasy residue!! pure crud.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2008 2:31:00 PM More reviews by FireWeaver

I quite like this product, and for its price what can I lose right? I like the pump since then I won't risk pouring it all over me like I accidentally did with my Maybelline one. However, something is really wrong with the bloody pump and it seems like one other reviewer said the same thing, so it's not a one off thing. When I pump it it doesn't really pump out as well as it should and it leaks so other sections of my cotton pad end up soaked instead. I used the toner before and it has a similar pump and no problems, so it seems to be limited to this product.

And you do have to shake it up after awhile, since the weight of the different materials separate after awhile. I have voiced this as a concern for some other products I used, but since this is a mix of oils and waters I do understand that it will separate no matter how good the materials are. But shake it up well, or you'll only get a clear fluid rather than the blue, and it IS the blue that takes off the makeup. But quite generous too. If your cotton pad isn't saturated, the makeup won't go. But once it goes, it takes it all off, mascara included, and I'm quite evil with my waterproof mascaras. All of mine are waterproof, smudge proof, budge proof evil things, and this little product takes more or less all of it off.

Another thing it that it is good for sensitive/contact lens wearers. Since I saturate my pads so much, I'm pretty sure that for any lesser product my eyes would be watering and stinging after applying the remover to my eyes for so long. But this doesn't irritate my eyes at all, and I even swipe the pad to remove eyeliner under the eyes, and we all know how risky that is sometimes, being so close to the eyeball.

In conclusion, for its quality given the price, I have no qualms against it at all. Save myself money AND get a decent product, and I get Boots points? Ha...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2008 9:32:00 PM More reviews by verdant0green

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hate this packaging! You have to shake the bottle to mix the liquid before using, but because of poor design, the liquid ends up leaking out of the nozzle -_- So then, you have to hold the cotton square to the nozzle while shaking, and its a royal pain. Ok, its not the end of the world, but its enough of a nuissance that I will look for something else. It comes with an additional cap to it which I suppose you could leave on, but then you have to cap, shake, un-cap, pump, and I'm too lazy for that. I'm positive there must be an excellent eye-makeup remover that doesn't leak when you shake it out there, so I'll keep on looking.

Plus, it doesn't do all that fab of a job of removing my makeup without having to use a ton of it. I use a pretty hardcore mascara base which I love but is like glue to remove, and this product doesn't quite cut it. Maybe nothing does, I don't know, but I'll keep looking. I bet if you used less hardcore eye makeup, this would be fine, and if you don't mind the annoying leaking of course...but for me, no, I'll finish out the bottle (which I think will only last a month or so), and then look for something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2007 2:25:00 AM More reviews by GKaye

Thank you, MUA! I love this remover. I used to use Clarins, which is great but quite pricey, especially if you are going through a divorce and being financially terrorized. I started using Ponds, which of course, they quit making but it was comprable to Clarins but dirt cheap. Thanks to this board, I picked this product up at Target, and since I had a $5 coupon, how could I go wrong. This is the best remover. It takes everything off without pulling and tugging or losing precious lashes. The only thing I do not like is the pump nozzle came off and I had a heck of a time getting it back on. I guess I could have taken it back, but I did not. I will definately buy this product again...even when my finances get to a better place:)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2007 6:36:00 AM More reviews by SinfullyGirly

This is a product I have bought again and again. It removes all makeup including waterproof mascara with its oily formular. I find the best way is to shake the bottle, apply to a cotton pad and hold the cotton pad over your eyes gently, then dab them until the makeup is dissolved. Nice clean eyes without tugging the gentle skin in that area. Its also inexpensive and comes with a pump dispenser so you can get the right amount you need.