NARS 27 - Yachiyo

4.5

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I don't know if mine is a dud, but I absolutely HATE this brush. I bought this directly from NARS so I know its not a fake. First a minor thing - it is very unevenly cut, mine is very lopsided. But bigger no-nos...the bristles are very scratchy and probably the worst thing about it....it SHEDS like a mother. I've washed it dozens of times and it still leaves tiny hairs on my face when I apply blush! Application wise there were no real issues, it applies & blends colors out fine but my hakuhodo brush (not hakuhodo's yachiyo, but the J210) does a MUCH better job and doesn't make me feel like I'm applying blush w/ a tiny broom.

Forget cheap ebay fakes, get the real deal! It is truly excellent quality, I bought mine a three years ago, and it is still in the same condition! It never sheds, the perfect shape picks up the perfect amount of products, and blends beautifully. Of coure it doesn't hurt if you can already blend products nicely but for beginners like me this is a MUST HAVE, believe me, it'll make go things easy.
The price is crazy, but it is worth it.

Oh and I agree with some, sometimes it is scratchy. Why? It all depends on what/how do you wash it. Be gentle, don't use harsh soaps. A small amount (really small) conditioner wouldn't hurt either. Your water may be too hard - try filtered water. Since I fixed these problems this is my softest brush ever.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've been meaning to review this brush for a while now. It's taken a bit of time for me to learn exactly how to use it but now I know there's really nothing else like it out there. This brush is meant to be used very delicately, to pick up the barest bit of color from darker bronzers or blushes that you thought you couldn't possibly use. I'm currently using it with Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Bronzer in Bikini Contest plus NYX powder blush in Desert Rose. Without the NARS 27 I would never have chosen such dark (for me) colors. (For the record, I'm MAC NC20.) But I use the 27 to lightly pick up color and apply, then blend, blend, blend with a clean brush--either the ELF Complexion or EcoTools Bronzer. Or both, if I need more blending. But it's the NARS 27 that allows me to experiment with darker, more dramatic colors.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I wasn't sure about this at first, it felt scratchy and it didn't really seem puffy all around. Then I washed it. And then I washed it again. And now it is the SOFTEST brush ever. It is absolutely amazing at applying blush evenly and well blended.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I resisted buying this for so long, since at �37.50 it is so expensive. I finally gave in and HAS NO ONE NOTICED HOW DAMN SCRATCHY THIS BRUSH IS????!!
I honestly cannot give it more than 1 lippie for this reason. It genuinely hurts and irritates my skin because of how coarse the hairs are. How can this be the case with the extreme price tag? I don't understand.
The shape and size is absolutely perfect but after a few attempts it's been left unused in my brush holder. I wish we had good returns policies like in the US, then I'd return this in a second.
My cheapie �3.50 ELF brushes, at less than 10 times the cost, are 10 times soften!
I orderded this online, so I recommend if you really want to buy it, please go and have a feel in an actual shop before splurging!
EDIT Aug 2013: I have since swapped my original brush, but then got a new one in a different swap since I wanted to give it another go. Result? The second one of these brushes I have owned is just as scratchy. I am terribly disappointed and would not recommend this brush to anyone.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This the first high-end brush I ever bought..
Yes it hurt to pay so much for a brush.

But I've found the results with this brush are so perfect, so subtle, so...blush.
I use it on a daily basis and it would take a great deal to convince there's a better option out there!

I've had NO problem with hair fallout whatsoever and adore the slim handle.
I've used it with highly pigmented blushes and more subtle one.
Fabulous results both ways.

As far as I'm concerned it's a must-have brush for makeup lovers.

This is the best blusher brush I have used. I have a bazzilion. This is just amazing.the tapered hairs make it glide on beautifully at the right angle and give you the perfect intensity of colour. Sometimes application of blush can be slightly unbalanced, one cheek brighter than the other, one cheek higher than the other, patchiness and so on, once this happens it's hard for your make to look immaculate and even.this does all the work for you 100 percent. Worth the price, in fact I would pay more for it. Love the way it looks as well, very unique and sophisticated.i have never had problems with the hairs falling out

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was a bit hesitant to buy this brush because it was so expensive, but I love the classic NARS soft blush look and I knew this was the only way to get it.

First, I agree with the reviews that complain about the shedding. For that reason I give it 4 lippies instead of 5 lippies.

When I first used it, I found it picked up a lot of product and I was never able to get that soft cloud NARS blush look. Then I deep cleaned the brush with baby shampoo and voila! Even Exhibit A goes on subtly and easily!

It really is a fantastic brush for bronzer and blush BUT is mine the only one that is shedding like mad?!?! I use baby shampoo when I wash mine and dry it flat on its side and it's moulting so much! It's annoying when I'm applying blush and there's hair on my face so when I washed it tonight, I tried to get as many "loose" hairs off and it just wouldn't stop! I was worried I would strip the brush bald if I kept going -__-

*EDIT* I bought my old one from Allcosmeticswholesale and I'm not entirely convinced it's 100% genuine. I actually liked the way it applied blush despite the hair falling out like CRAZY! Anyway, I lost mine when I went overseas and I decided to splurge out and get it retail ($80 AUD) and see if the hair continues to shed in this new one and it's GREAT! It's my favourite brush at the moment.

This brush is great for distributing product and blending. It picks up the perfect amount of blush, and the shape and texture of the bristles make it a breeze to blend. Expensive, but lasts a lifetime if you take care of it. I have noticed that there is little continuity with shape and color of the brushes, but they all seem to work the same.

Popular Makeup Brushes