July 22, 2014 | 2484 users online

Makeup Brushes - NARS - 27 - Yachiyo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by pink_cosmos

It really is a fantastic brush for bronzer and blush BUT is mine the only one that is shedding like mad?!?! I use baby shampoo when I wash mine and dry it flat on its side and it's moulting so much! It's annoying when I'm applying blush and there's hair on my face so when I washed it tonight, I tried to get as many "loose" hairs off and it just wouldn't stop! I was worried I would strip the brush bald if I kept going -__-

*EDIT* I bought my old one from Allcosmeticswholesale and I'm not entirely convinced it's 100% genuine. I actually liked the way it applied blush despite the hair falling out like CRAZY! Anyway, I lost mine when I went overseas and I decided to splurge out and get it retail ($80 AUD) and see if the hair continues to shed in this new one and it's GREAT! It's my favourite brush at the moment.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by rachelleanita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This brush is great for distributing product and blending. It picks up the perfect amount of blush, and the shape and texture of the bristles make it a breeze to blend. Expensive, but lasts a lifetime if you take care of it. I have noticed that there is little continuity with shape and color of the brushes, but they all seem to work the same.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by LadyKolie

I would buy this brush again if I needed to, but the idea is that your brushes last you a long time so you may never have to.

I am a sucker for black. I wear it everyday, almost head to toe without even thinking about it. I compared the Hakudoho yachiyo and Nars yachiyo reviews many, many times before it came down to this one factor, I like black more.

As for the brush itself, this is not the softest brush I own. The Nars 6 blush brush is much, much softer, and even Mac 119 is a bit softer. However, This brush makes it (practically) fool proof to put on the most pigmented blushes. It diffuses the pigment evenly, so no patchiness of pigment occurs. The lightness of the weight of the brush itself forces to to use it lightly. You can layer for more and more pigment, or achieve a subtle glow with ease. Since, I used this brush, I haven't even picked up my Mac 119 or the Nars 6 blush brush (which I haven't even tried it yet).

I am also a sucker for Japanese style brushes. I paint and I love cosmetics, this makes me a sucker for amazing brushes. Who want to struggle making the right brush stroke, when the right brush makes it WAY easier.

::edit:: 02.26.2013

I have recently purchased Hakuhodo brushes. And though I really liked My Nars Yachiyo, I was feeling like a lot of my brushes were rough on my skin. My skin is very sensitive. I ended up purging this brush and using the money for a Hakuhodo yachiyo. The Nars yachiyo is brilliant when being used with Nars blushes, but if you find this brush scratchy on your skin you may want to try a different softer brand like Haku. I won't lie, in comparison to hand made aligned goat hair, and Dye machine cut goat hair there is a huge difference in how it feels on the skin. I still think that the Nars Yachiyo is more beautiful because of it's hand crafted handle, and the uniform color, but this doesn't make the brush "FEEL" softer on my skin. It is still a great brush and is fantastic with pigmented blushes.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by blazinfashion

Just bought this brush 5 minutes ago, and already am writing a review. I'm a makeup artist/drag queen & performer, and I've been doing makeup professionally for 13 years. I've never, EVER written a product review on any single makeup product, let alone felt compelled to only 5 minutes after purchasing a product. However, with all that said, I feel the need to share with you how AMAZING this brush is (ALREADY). I have, obviously yet to even exhaust all possible uses for this brush, so I am going to focus on its uses for blush application and its functionality for highlighting and/or illuminating. It applies blush BEAUTIFULLY, giving an ethereal glow to your complexion--EFFORTLESSLY. And, it's extremely versatile. Whether you choose to achieve a subtle, sheer application or a dramatic, high-pigmented cheek, the end-result still gives you a natural, well-blended glow, as if the color is actually "blushing" from within your skin. I can't wait to explore all its possible uses, as I'm sure are countless. Buy this brush! You will not be disappointed.

15 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by camilka

Unique! I ordered it online based on the reviews. When it arrived my first thought was "What the hell did I spend all this money on?". I thought it looked cheap and the brush head was all flat.
So I washed it and while drying the full shape that I had seen online came out :)

This brush makes blush look like it's supposed to - like you are blushing. Other reviewers have explanied enough details so I don't have to add to that.

I rarely buy brushes and I don't like spending too much money. But this is not spending, it's investing :) I will keep it forever <3 love!

ONLY COMPLAINT: It's better for matte blushes than for glittery. I find that when using it to apply Nars Orgasm it picks up too much glitter and highlights pores. So I'm taking one lippie off.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by jadorelechoc

This is not the softest brush I own, but little does it matter to me. It applies any colour beautifully and evenly and distributes the product very well on the cheek. I use it for blush and for a light, diffused contouring as well.

It looks beautiful and fragile, but works like a soldier. I have gotten rid of many MAC brushes that I owned, but I would never kick this one out.

Versatile and efficient, worth every penny I paid for it. This is not a spontaneous-current-lover review, I have been using this brush for more than 2.5 years now, I am very settled down and sure of my feelings ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by taibug27

I didn't want to like this. It's too expensive, and it looked a little flimsy. I was all kinds of skeptical. But then I went through this bizarre phase where suddenly I felt like I'd forgotten how to apply blush, and I just kept looking like a clown. So I researched, I poured over reviews, and yada yada yada, I bought the brush.

But you'd better believe I kept the receipt. Nordstrom will take anything back, and I was prepped to take this back the minute it wasn't as magical as everyone made it sound. Two weeks later, I threw the receipt away.

Basically, this brush is so good that you'd have to go out of your way to look bad after using it. It's basically foolproof. I've been using it with my holy grail NARS blush in Gaiety, and I look fresh and alert and just glowy. Someone mentioned that there's a technique to using it - involving drawing a triangle with the tip and then smoothing with the side, but honestly I've just been going at it in my usual clumsy fashion, attacking my cheeks any old how, and the results are still great. Totally smooth, no harsh edges, just lit-from-within goodness. Honestly, you can't ask for more from a blush brush.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by lavvy76549

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The price I gave a three but I purchase my brush from ebay from a lady that sells them in Australia for a lot less than in the U.S. the brush has the number 27 on it so I am guess it is a real brush. I also trust the vendor as she makes her own knock off version for a cheaper price.
I absolutely love this brush I have purchased three because I lost one and I want to have the extra on hand. This brush does not prevent you from using to much blush but the trick is just to use the tip. If you do this then you will not pick up too much and them work the brush into a circular motion and it will make your blush look so natural. The best blush that I have used with this brush is the nars taj mahal (oh my goodness!) I always get compliments with this blush because it diffuses the color in a way that makes it look so natural. If you really want to try this go to eBay and look for the vendor in Australia, you will not be sorry.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by DivaDeLosMuertos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is the best Blush brush i've ever owned! Its soft, so lightweight, easy to use, dense, fluffy, and perfectly tapered and shaped in such a way nobody could go wrong with this brush. It's WAY expensive but I don't regret buying it....It works for so many things but I use it for blush. Even the reaaally pigmented blushes (Bright red, hot pink, orange) can be applied to look natural and gorgeous. I haven't looked back at any rounded/angled blush brushes since I bought this. Something about this is the unique shape makes it a little difficult to dry after washing but it's maintained its shape and fluffiness all the same! I can't go on enough about this brush, Its one of the most important of all my brushes!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by chookana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, this brush looks really classy. It's a really unique looking product and although I was hesitant to buy it mainly due to the price but also because it looked unsturdy and a bit awkward to use, I'm glad I did.
The tapered tip does an amazing job at contouring the hollows of your cheeks and diffuses bronzer/blush at the same time, so it cuts the time spent perfecting your make up in half.
Also when applying whilst holding the thin handle you can really control how much product you're applying, so it makes it easy to build your colour as per your liking and you end up with nice and natural but professional look.
There is honestly a million ways you could use this and in my opinion it's a fool proof brush. You can't look wrong after using it.
That being said, I paid $70 for it (hence 4 lippies instead of 5) which is an absurd amount of money to spend on a make up brush and because of this I will remember to stock up when I go to the States lol.
If you can justify spending this much on a brush, I'd say go ahead and buy it, you'll most probably love the results. If you'd rather die than spend this much on a brush, Japonesque does a similar brush (the white bamboo version), I'm not sure how it works, I haven't come across it in Australia yet. It looks the same as the Yachiyo but I've heard that it doesn't work the same. Might be worth giving a try though, as it is a cheaper alternative.