April 18, 2014 | 1931 users online

Makeup Brushes - NARS - 27 - Yachiyo

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by camilka

Unique! I ordered it online based on the reviews. When it arrived my first thought was "What the hell did I spend all this money on?". I thought it looked cheap and the brush head was all flat.
So I washed it and while drying the full shape that I had seen online came out :)

This brush makes blush look like it's supposed to - like you are blushing. Other reviewers have explanied enough details so I don't have to add to that.

I rarely buy brushes and I don't like spending too much money. But this is not spending, it's investing :) I will keep it forever <3 love!

ONLY COMPLAINT: It's better for matte blushes than for glittery. I find that when using it to apply Nars Orgasm it picks up too much glitter and highlights pores. So I'm taking one lippie off.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by jadorelechoc

This is not the softest brush I own, but little does it matter to me. It applies any colour beautifully and evenly and distributes the product very well on the cheek. I use it for blush and for a light, diffused contouring as well.
It looks beautiful and fragile, but works like a soldier. I have gotten rid of many MAC brushes that I owned, but I would never kick this one out.
If I had to choose to keep only one face brush and toss all my others, this would be the one. Versatile and efficient, worth every penny I paid for it. This is not a spontaneous-current-lover review, I have been using this brush for more than 2.5 years now, I am very settled down and sure of my feelings ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by taibug27

I didn't want to like this. It's too expensive, and it looked a little flimsy. I was all kinds of skeptical. But then I went through this bizarre phase where suddenly I felt like I'd forgotten how to apply blush, and I just kept looking like a clown. So I researched, I poured over reviews, and yada yada yada, I bought the brush.

But you'd better believe I kept the receipt. Nordstrom will take anything back, and I was prepped to take this back the minute it wasn't as magical as everyone made it sound. Two weeks later, I threw the receipt away.

Basically, this brush is so good that you'd have to go out of your way to look bad after using it. It's basically foolproof. I've been using it with my holy grail NARS blush in Gaiety, and I look fresh and alert and just glowy. Someone mentioned that there's a technique to using it - involving drawing a triangle with the tip and then smoothing with the side, but honestly I've just been going at it in my usual clumsy fashion, attacking my cheeks any old how, and the results are still great. Totally smooth, no harsh edges, just lit-from-within goodness. Honestly, you can't ask for more from a blush brush.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by lavvy76549

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The price I gave a three but I purchase my brush from ebay from a lady that sells them in Australia for a lot less than in the U.S. the brush has the number 27 on it so I am guess it is a real brush. I also trust the vendor as she makes her own knock off version for a cheaper price.
I absolutely love this brush I have purchased three because I lost one and I want to have the extra on hand. This brush does not prevent you from using to much blush but the trick is just to use the tip. If you do this then you will not pick up too much and them work the brush into a circular motion and it will make your blush look so natural. The best blush that I have used with this brush is the nars taj mahal (oh my goodness!) I always get compliments with this blush because it diffuses the color in a way that makes it look so natural. If you really want to try this go to eBay and look for the vendor in Australia, you will not be sorry.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by DivaDeLosMuertos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is the best Blush brush i've ever owned! Its soft, so lightweight, easy to use, dense, fluffy, and perfectly tapered and shaped in such a way nobody could go wrong with this brush. It's WAY expensive but I don't regret buying it....It works for so many things but I use it for blush. Even the reaaally pigmented blushes (Bright red, hot pink, orange) can be applied to look natural and gorgeous. I haven't looked back at any rounded/angled blush brushes since I bought this. Something about this is the unique shape makes it a little difficult to dry after washing but it's maintained its shape and fluffiness all the same! I can't go on enough about this brush, Its one of the most important of all my brushes!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by chookana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, this brush looks really classy. It's a really unique looking product and although I was hesitant to buy it mainly due to the price but also because it looked unsturdy and a bit awkward to use, I'm glad I did.
The tapered tip does an amazing job at contouring the hollows of your cheeks and diffuses bronzer/blush at the same time, so it cuts the time spent perfecting your make up in half.
Also when applying whilst holding the thin handle you can really control how much product you're applying, so it makes it easy to build your colour as per your liking and you end up with nice and natural but professional look.
There is honestly a million ways you could use this and in my opinion it's a fool proof brush. You can't look wrong after using it.
That being said, I paid $70 for it (hence 4 lippies instead of 5) which is an absurd amount of money to spend on a make up brush and because of this I will remember to stock up when I go to the States lol.
If you can justify spending this much on a brush, I'd say go ahead and buy it, you'll most probably love the results. If you'd rather die than spend this much on a brush, Japonesque does a similar brush (the white bamboo version), I'm not sure how it works, I haven't come across it in Australia yet. It looks the same as the Yachiyo but I've heard that it doesn't work the same. Might be worth giving a try though, as it is a cheaper alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by erin12107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this brush. It allows you to have a lot of control over how you apply your brush with the versatile shape of the hair. It is also so small and lightweight! I love the way this makes my blush look and how I can use pigmented blushes that were collecting dust because they were too easy for me to overdo-- not anymore. Love it, so glad I finally bit the bullet with the price, worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by violetmist

Like a pushup bra for your face! A revolution in blush application though this is an antiquity because it is the same brush that geisha girls used. Result: a highly defined but soft look that lifts the face, sculpts the cheek as effectively as contouring. It is a flat brush pointed like an arrow.and it is used by using the edge to first draw a triange on the cheek (point toward the nose) and filling it in with the flat side - a stunning appearance that could not be achieved with any other brush. I will never use a regular blush brush again! If you have this brush and are not satified with it you need to learn how to use it from a Nars makeup artist or perhaps look for an application video on line. I want you to love it as much as I do.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I waited for this brush to go on sale since I couldn't justify a $50 price tag. This brush does do the job, but it doesn't work any better than a powder brush for applying a pigmented blush. I ended up losing this brush and I have to say to say that I don't miss this brush. When using pigmented blushes like Illamasqua, MUFE, or Tarte, I just use the Trish McEvoy 2B Sheer Blush Brush or the 56 Sephora Brush. I took off one lippie since the wiring does come off after a period of time. Another lippie since the shape of the britsles changes, unlike other brushes I own.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by annasandler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Amazing brush. I have never been able to use blusher before because I would end up looking like a clown but this brush seems to have made the most wonderful difference to my technique. It allows you apply very subtly which is perfect for me as I prefer the no-makeup-makeup-look.