August 22, 2014 | 1196 users online

CD/Books/Movies - Kevyn Aucoin - Book- Face Forward

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2006 1:24:00 AM More reviews by psychoexgirlfriend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amazing transformations in this book. I also love who Kevyn delves into his personal philosophy on beauty, makeup and self respect/confidence. This book is more fun to read and look at the pictures than it is helpful with practical advice. Nonetheless, I love love love this book.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2006 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Beautyproductjunkie

Adore this book. Agree with everyone about all that has been said.
All about the technique, color etc., and he was a gorgeous soul. Beautiful book.
BUT IT DRIVES ME NUTS THAT THERE IS NO MENTION ABOUT WHAT THE EXACT PRODUCTS HE USED WERE!!!
No "Branding."
He was a true artist, and I am sure that even Monet could create a masterpiece with fingerpaints, if he had to.
As a beauty product enthusiast, I am very interested to know WHAT he used that worked best.
Anyone out there know of a master list of what he used in his work prior to creating his own line? :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2006 4:50:00 PM More reviews by CatVeronica

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this book! It's very fun to look at, but there is no way I could actually do any of the makeup styles that Kevin has performed. I'm definitely not that talented!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2005 12:12:00 PM More reviews by loridances

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This How to Makeup book is great. Beautiful pics of actual makeup on models and illustrates how to apply it to your own face. Very helpfull in creating a new look.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2005 9:26:00 PM More reviews by rachaelliz7

I think overall this is a lovely book. Yes, it is more of a coffee table book than a how-to on make-up, but the pictures are quite beautfiul. And for some reason the one that always amazes me is the one of Karen Elson as Elizabeth I. Probably because I'm kind of into the whole Elizabeathan period. But anyways, unless you're going to a costume party, this book is more of something to appeal to the eye than an instruction manual.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2005 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Dragun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this book and his other one when Kevyn was still alive. I've treasured them. Worth the money I spent, binding isn't the greatest. But, to get to see a glimpse into his world is priceless, along with all the amazing makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2005 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Schelli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very good, informative book. Kevyn was a very talented, gifted man. There are lots of great ideas in here. Some good for everyday, others, extremely creative costume makeup. I understand why he did not name any specific brands, but at the same time its frustrating when trying to recreate the looks.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2005 3:37:00 PM More reviews by sugarandspiceisnice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have had this book for many years. When I was starting out as a makeup artist. the thing that bothers me the most is that he doesn't tell you what products he used. And It isn't that realistic, so I use his ideas when I am on shoots to transform my models. My pages are starting to come out. !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2005 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Stumped

I won't buy this product again because I plan on taking great care of the book. :) He is absolutely fantastic and non-judgemental in this book. Very inspiring man.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2004 1:12:00 AM More reviews by showpuli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These are my make up bibles! I have both of his books and I learned so many new make up techniques from these books. If I am bored with my look I just open these books and I get instant insparation and ideas for new ways to paint my face. He also gives great tips on how to camofloge flaws, enhance certain features, and many andvanced make up tips that the pros use. My friends and sisters have all borrowed my books and they too loved them. He also wrote these before he started his make up line so he does not use them as a commercial endorsement for his make up, in fact he does not do much branding, he mainly focuses on colors, types, techniques. For all you who like to play with your make up I highly recommend these. Im sure you can get a good price for a slightly used one on Amazon. Def a staple in my make up library. :)