Kevyn Aucoin Book- Face Forward

4.7

I can only echo what I've stated in my reviews of "The Art of Makeup" and "Making Faces." This man, had incredible talent, and such an amazing soul.
Yes, he mainly worked with celebrities, but he also made over common housewives. I'll never forget his various appearances on Oprah - and the joy he brought to those women who were lucky enough to get a "Kevyn Aucoin make-over." :) He gave women a confidence and a sincere promise, that you don't have to be a celebrity to look like a celebrity. He believed that EVERY woman was beautiful - and he was so right. This book is a great example of Kevyn's amazing work. Sadly, this was the third and last book that Kevyn wrote. I will miss looking forward to his new books, and seeing him from time to time on TV. But what he taught me, will stick with me as long as I live. :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Amazing transformations in this book. I also love who Kevyn delves into his personal philosophy on beauty, makeup and self respect/confidence. This book is more fun to read and look at the pictures than it is helpful with practical advice. Nonetheless, I love love love this book.

Adore this book. Agree with everyone about all that has been said.
All about the technique, color etc., and he was a gorgeous soul. Beautiful book.
BUT IT DRIVES ME NUTS THAT THERE IS NO MENTION ABOUT WHAT THE EXACT PRODUCTS HE USED WERE!!!
No "Branding."
He was a true artist, and I am sure that even Monet could create a masterpiece with fingerpaints, if he had to.
As a beauty product enthusiast, I am very interested to know WHAT he used that worked best.
Anyone out there know of a master list of what he used in his work prior to creating his own line? :)

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I love this book! It's very fun to look at, but there is no way I could actually do any of the makeup styles that Kevin has performed. I'm definitely not that talented!

This How to Makeup book is great. Beautiful pics of actual makeup on models and illustrates how to apply it to your own face. Very helpfull in creating a new look.

I think overall this is a lovely book. Yes, it is more of a coffee table book than a how-to on make-up, but the pictures are quite beautfiul. And for some reason the one that always amazes me is the one of Karen Elson as Elizabeth I. Probably because I'm kind of into the whole Elizabeathan period. But anyways, unless you're going to a costume party, this book is more of something to appeal to the eye than an instruction manual.

I purchased this book and his other one when Kevyn was still alive. I've treasured them. Worth the money I spent, binding isn't the greatest. But, to get to see a glimpse into his world is priceless, along with all the amazing makeup.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a very good, informative book. Kevyn was a very talented, gifted man. There are lots of great ideas in here. Some good for everyday, others, extremely creative costume makeup. I understand why he did not name any specific brands, but at the same time its frustrating when trying to recreate the looks.

I have had this book for many years. When I was starting out as a makeup artist. the thing that bothers me the most is that he doesn't tell you what products he used. And It isn't that realistic, so I use his ideas when I am on shoots to transform my models. My pages are starting to come out. !!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I won't buy this product again because I plan on taking great care of the book. :) He is absolutely fantastic and non-judgemental in this book. Very inspiring man.

Top Rated CD/Books/Movies