MAC Matte2 - Brown Script

4.7

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Just the most amazing and versatile eyeshadow I have in my collection. Honestly, looks like a whole lot of nothing in the pan and I have skipped over many a times, choosing more vibrant colors over this, which I rarely end up using.

The perfect everyday crease color for my olive-tan skin tone (NC37), I use this with a large fluffy brush and blend it into my crease for almost every eye look. Whether it be brown script by itself with a winged cat eye, or to warm up any smokey eye look for nighttime.

It's a reddish brown shade and I would recommend everyone to give it a try, especially those with warm skin tones. And, the matte2 texture is simply divine!

on 5/27/2013 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Brown script is a matte, reddish-brown shadow. It works great both as a transition and crease color (I'm NW 50 for reference). I used this shadow a lot for the first few months I had it, but after a while I started to feel that it was just too red for an everyday color. I got Embark, which is more of a muted brown, so I ended up swapping this. Overall, this is a fabulous and versatile eyeshadow, but I guess it was just too red-based for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this color!!! It's an awesome all over lid shade or crease color. "Brown script" is a medium matte terracotta reddish orange brown color. I love using this with golds, bronzes and browns. Plus this color looks great by itself all over the lid with the edges blended. Also, I love layering this color over mac's quite natural paint pot. Def would repurchase! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this colour! I actually use it for my brows, since I have changed my hair to red, and it's the perfect colour! It applies beautifully and is perfectly matte. I'm sure this would be beautiful as a liner and a shadow as well. Also, it has amazing colour payoff! I barely need to use any. I am sure I will l have this one container for a long time. This will be a staple in my routine for a long time to come.

on 3/7/2013 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This color is awesome. Looks reddish in the pan but can be blended out to be more natural. I love wearing it in the crease with wet n wild's brulee all over the eyelid, black eyeliner, wet n wild bikini contest bronzer & revlon matten lipstick in cocoa craving with a bit of gloss overtop. Such a pretty combo.

on 3/4/2013 9:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this on a whim, but it has quickly become a staple for me. The texture is incredible, and the color is brilliant, especially for green eyes. It's great as a liner or as a crease color. I use it daily with all that glitters and expensive pink and it looks amazing.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

A terracotta brown that I plain adore!

Smooth texture that blends and goes on like a dream. Wonderful wonderful wonderful color payoff.

Bought this to bring out the blue in my lenses, if you read other reviews of mine you'll know I've been trying to hunt down some eyeshadows that will do this :D Really looking to make my eye color pop, and this baby does it certainly <3

I've mainly used this as a crease color as well as on my LLL. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Am in lov! But I will try it as a lid color and update you.

Probably my second most fav shade by MAC, Brun being the first.

Suggested Look:
Brun on lid and outer V
Carbon over Brun on the outer V
Brown Script in the crease, blended with Texture
Blanc Type as a highlight and inner corner color
Brun on entire LLL, with Carbon on the outer third of LLL and Brown Script on entire LLL blended a bit further down beneath the Brun and Carbon (so I apply Brown Script first).

Love it, love it, love it forever and ever ;)

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

There isnít really a day that goes by when I don't use this eye shadow. I use this in the crease to add extra warmth to my skin toned transition colors (saddle, texture or swiss chocolate). Itís incredibly pigmented with a matte squared finish so even a light soft touch could give you too much product. Brown script isnít brown at all itís an antiqued reddish, orangey terracotta clay pot shade every DDD should own this.

on 1/10/2012 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

LOVE! this eyeshadow. I love using it in my crease or as an overall wash of color on my eye lid. One of my all time fav eye shadows. Gorgeous on tan to dark skin

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE this color. I wear it by itself with a a Caty smudged liner and it looks awesome! It looks like an orangey brown on me. It makes my brown eyes pop against the black liner. I'm medium fair skin and it compliments it so well.

Video Reviews & Tutorials