Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

3.9

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane. ---------------------------------------------------- COMPARISON: SmashBox Photo Finish Primer ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract.

on 10/13/2014 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Okay girls (and guys) everyone's skin is different OBVIOUSLY so this will work for most and not for some just like everything else.

I have VERY sensitive, extremely oily and on top of all of that i break out with almost anything i put on my face.

this somehow works for me. A pea sized amount is all you need. it makes skin feel smooth and a little oil will still come around but just enough to make your skin look "glowing" i used to look like a greasy mess. but with this it holds back about 90% of my oil.

its cheap so its worth a try.

on 10/9/2014 1:58:00 PM

I love this stuff. It makes my makeup stay on all day, it's smooth on the skin, and it's inexpensive. Try Walmart for the best price. I use it all the time, and it's great.

on 9/15/2014 2:05:00 PM

Why would I ever buy Smashbox primer ever again? Pricy primers that have the same, if not more ingredients than this ARE NOT WORTH IT and will not work any better than this, (unless it is a different formula, like dry skin or color correcting). Save yourself $12+ and buy this if you want a silky makeup base.

on 9/15/2014 12:40:00 PM

Greatest thing ever! I hate hearing of all the breakouts. My skin looks awesome and soft. Pores disappear, and I believe it keeps a nice barrier to the outside world toxins. I only need to use minimal make up when I apply this. AND, it keeps the shinies away. I am amazed and impressed. You cannot beat the price. Again, it probably isn't for everyone, but give it a try - at this low price it's worth it.

on 9/11/2014 1:02:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I dab on just a little bit and it makes my face so soft. It can be oily. If I use too much it could cause a breakout. I gave it a 3 because I am not crazy about the ingredients.

on 9/4/2014 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This was a nice texture and felt like a primer to me.
It did not help my makeup stay on any longer, did not help with oil, and made my skin feel somewhat suffocated. I break out a lot more when I use this.
If anything all primers I have tried make my makeup slip around on my face and need more touch ups, increased my oil production and blemishes.
I do not think dimethicone/silcone type products are very good for oily skin.

on 9/4/2014 12:59:00 AM

I bought it after reading many good reviews about the product, however after looking at the ingredients "dimethicone" is what I find most concerned. Since Dimethicone is a silicon-based polymer, many said it can cause breakouts and blackheads for those who have oily skin. I try it myself and it does cause pimples on my face but some of my friends don't have this problem. I guess you have to try yourself to know, but still, people with sensitive or oily skin should use with caution

on 8/20/2014 8:52:00 PM

THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST PRIMERS I HAVE EVER USED. I KNOW ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A PRIMER TECHNICALLY, BUT AFTER READING ALL THE HYPED UP REVIEWS AND WATCHING YOUTUBE VIDEOS I THOUGHT IT LOOKED PROMISING… BOY WAS I WRONG. THE FIRST TIME I USED IT I WOKE UP THE NEXT MORNING WITH A HUGE ZIT ON MY FOREHEAD, BUT STILL I WAS DETERMINED TO GIVE IT ANOTHER CHANCE, UNFORTUNATELY IT KEPT GIVING ME RANDOM HUGE ZITS ON MY FACE IN RANDOM SPOTS. THIS PRODUCT SHOULD ONLY BE USED FOR CHAFING ON YOUR LEGS LADIES CASE CLOSED, THANK YOU AND GOODNIGHT.

on 8/19/2014 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I team this up with MOM and I am Team Matte all day every day! I do not change my routine at all and I no longer go to Sephora for oil control products. Both MOM and the Anti-Chaffing gel combined are just under $15 compared to one product at Sephora being $35. MOM helps control oil while the gel creates a smooth canvas for flawless skin.

on 8/4/2014 10:06:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

So far this works great, just as well or prob even better than my much more expensive hourglass veil primer. Heard about this years ago but reluctant to try due to its name. But the recent raves about it from one of my favorite youtubers, Tati, made me decide to try it finally. Works great, and very economical!