December 20, 2014 | 1664 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Large Eye Shadow Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2008 2:27:00 AM More reviews by pink1223

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this brush for when I'm in a hurry and feeling a little lazy in my makeup routine. Just a few swipes over the lid with a good basic shadow and I'm done. The bristles seem to be pretty soft, but they are very tightly packed. The brush has some firmness to it, so it's easy to control and it helps with blending also. A fabulous basic.
EDIT: I still have love for this brush, but I actually don't use it that often anymore, and I think it's because it seems too stiff. Maybe I need to break it in, but I have gone back to my MAC brushes again for now. It is a good and convenient brush to have, but not the softest one in my book. I find it slightly irritating to the lid. Maybe washing it will make it softer?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by itshannah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this brush every single day and is a must have basic for every makeup kit. This brush is great for doing entire-lid washes, for instance appling a base color. It's also great for blending out rough edges of shades. Can't rave enough about this brush, esp. for the price- got it at Target!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2008 1:46:00 PM More reviews by katmu1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Black Handled large e/s brush. I was originally worried that this brush was a little large for an e/s brush, but I find it perfect for a wash of subtle color. 2 sweeps with this brush and I'm ready to go. It's very soft and suprisingly durable, even after repeated washings. No shedding. I would repurchase this if I ever lost it. I plan to try other SK brushes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2008 10:50:00 PM More reviews by racheroonie

I would give this more lippies if the metal part didn't come off the wood handle part!! You can tell this isn't the best quality, but it does the trick. It's one of my most used eye shadow brushes and I love it, but I will go to MAC next time to buy a brush for quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2007 3:31:00 PM More reviews by birdyb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really liked this brush- I love makeup and color, but wear it minimally, and this brush gives me a soft sweep of even the deepest/brightest color over my entire eyelid in just two strokes. Before using this brush, I'd used a smaller freebie that came with an estee lauder gift with purchase, but I really, really like this one. I'd read other negative reviews about sonia kashuk's brushes, but this one had been so good I'd be willing to try the others.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2007 10:57:00 PM More reviews by tixifix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush. It's slightly hard to manage on a small Asian eye but it's still good. The only reason that I wouldn't buy this product again is that I've cleaned it so many times and it didn't change at all or shed a piece of hair-- it's a long term relationship.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2006 12:57:00 AM More reviews by biscotti1

I have come to like this brush more and more. When I originally got it I thought it was too big for my lids but I have come to appreciate the wide coverage of the brush and how you can gradually build color on the lid. I used it to apply the base shade and the angled brush for the crease color. I have been pleased with all the Sonia Kashuk brushes I tried thus far. They are so soft and I have not had a problem with them shedding. They are a good value for the price and work as well, in most cases, as brushes by some of the dept store lines like MAC, Bobbi Brown etc. I will continue to add more of these to my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2006 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Missy173

This is my favorite shadow brush. The size and shape really lends itself perfectly for base coats of shadow. I especially like using this brush when I am going for a smoky look with my colored shadows. When I apply it I pat it into the crease and base of my eyelid. It's just my favorite shadow brush. Like others have said this brush isn't for precise application, but it's awesome for all over color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2006 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is the best darn e/s brush I have ever purchased. I love to use this brush for a clean sweep of color across the entire lid. This is ideal for days when I am in a hurry or just too lazy to do the "polished" eye look. The brush is full and soft and it feels so luxurious to rub it across the eyelids. I like dampening the brush and dipping it into my eyeshadows. it applies evenly and never scratches, and most importantly it doesn't shed. I would definately repurchase, but I'm sure this one will last a lifetime. great quality at a fraction of the cost of higher end brushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2006 10:54:00 AM More reviews by justanotherjenn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush the other day and came home and read the reviews and got a little worried. I'm happy to report that I LOVE it. I wear makeup everyday but with 3 little kids I don't always have time to go "all out". This brush is perfect for a quick sweep of shadow. Don't get me wrong, I love to do a full on eye but sometimes time just doesn't allow me to do that. I will definitely repurchase this brush again.