April 17, 2014 | 1030 users online

Bath Treatments - Epsom Salts

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by michellemercier44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The reason I purchased Epsom salt is because I read it was great for feet and because I caught myself standing right upfront of it. So I did try it for my feet and it is amazing, yes, pretty much it... but after I purchased it in about two weeks or so, I read an article in Vogue about famous and expensive spa detox which makes skin and everything else in body feel wonderful and they use Epsom salts for cleansing body from inside, they drink it! So I tried and its disgusting, buy it works and I will make myself to drink it little by little so I can get amazing detox

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

this is something every girl needs to have in hand they are so relaxing with some bubble bath. I get really bad period pain due to medical problems and these plus the warm water mke it soo much better and theyre sooooo cheap

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by modernaire

It's not hokey at all. It really draws out whatever's ailin' you. I always turn to this little baby after a long hike, an arduous workout, or when I'm just feeling tense after a tough day. It works, and it's dirt cheap, so I don't feel bad about dumping handfuls into the hot bath. I typically pair epsom salt with a sweet smelling bubble bath.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Warm water + comfy tub + epsom salts with a few drops of lavender oil = HEAVEN!! Also love some of the scented epsom salts, though the plain version is much more versatile. I always have a bag of it in my bathroom.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

A lot of people rave about epsom salts in terms of relieving muscle pain. I have used epsom salts with several drops of lavender oil to relax. It is one of the best ways to calm your nerves after a rough day or prepare for sleep. I throw 1/2-3/4 cup of epsom salts under running warm bath water, add 5-10 drops of lavender oil and stir the tub a bit before entering. Do this with a face mask or scrub and you will have a spa-like experience at home.

I find that there is little variation between low and high end bath salts. You can get an entire bag of Dr. Teal's Lavender Bath Salts at your local Walgreens, Ulta, or GNC for 5-7 dollars, 1.36 kilograms.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by anh3880

I love putting this in a warm bath. So soothing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

Although Epson Salts is good for using in your bath to help sore muscles, I am addressing its wonderful properties for the feet. Nothing, but nothing will remove the dead skin from your feet like an Epson Salts soak. Place about 1 cup into a deep, large bowl or bucket. Add the hotest tap water to about one third of the way up and stir to completely dissolve the salts. Then add the cooler water but keep it as hot as you can tolerate. Soak your feet about 30 minutes and the dead skin will just roll off as you rub briskly with a towel. Softens the cuticle around toenails that helps when you are working on lifting ingrown toenails, also. Always use a lotion or oil afterwards. My toenail polish has never been damaged by this, either. I look for 2-for-1 sales on Epson Salt which Walgreens has fairly often.

25 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by ShoeGal95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I admit, my grandparents used Epsom Salts and I thought (only in my head-no other reason)! that this smelled like moth balls!
I was so achy after doing some yard work I decided to try it. I heard Suzanne Somers rave about it, so I caved.
THIS STUFF IS AWESOME!
No scent, dissolves well in hot bath water. After 20 minutes my aches and pains were gone! It's my go to, now. I've found it works best using 1 cup or more in a hot bath for 20+ minutes right after I start feeling quite sore. I find it works best for me the same day I'm sore not, a day or so later.
Price varies so much by brand and store. I try to get the cheapest I can find. I've not found brand/price to make a bit of difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by saveyourheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was having a sharp pain in my lower back. I tried to crack my back to release pressure and nothing was working. I then decided to take a bath and used about a cup and a half of Dr. Teal's lavender Epsom salt. The pain is completely gone and my back feels one hundred times better. It also calms me down and puts me in a relaxed mood! Love this product

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by HairWaves

Great for after a tough workout, I use this product mainly when I have any special aches and pains.