August 1, 2014 | 1811 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Dream Mousse Blush in Rose Petal ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by likesblush

Just got this blush at the drugstore along with matching mousse foundation in an attempt to fall in love with some drug store makeup, thus saving the oodles of money I have used to splurge on high end stuff.

Success. The shade is really pretty and glowy; it looks great with my semi-tanned skin. Like others have mentioned, there are glittery specs embedded in the cream, but since I'm young (16), I don't have to look professional for work or anything, so I think the shimmer is fun and youthful.

I love the texture -- it's really fun to apply, and it feels great on my skin. It's not heavy or yucky at all, and my face feels soft after application.

For reference, I have used and loved Too Face pinch my petals powder blush (sadly discontinued).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For my non-powder blushes I usually use Stila CC or the Tarte gel stick. I like the texture of the Dream Mousse blush because it dries down to a powdery (but not flat) finish. Stila CC and Tarte (particularly the one I have currently, Tipsy) are both a bit tacky to the touch. I'm still getting used to the texture and application-- most the the time, I want to eat it, not dab it on my face. :) It reminds me of a strawberry Whipped yogurt. Anyway, the Rose Petal color comes up as a pretty pinkish flush on my pale asian skin, and this is one of my favorite DS blushes! The con (to me) is that it's actually pretty expensive. The container is way more glass than product. Since I'm a blush $lut and can't stick to one brand or color, I won't purchase again, but I have a feeling I'll be reaching for this one a lot!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by SariaWind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I was under the impression that the blush would be matte, I'm still a little iffy about the shimmer. Other than that, the texture is great, and it goes on smoothly, and is easily buildable!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

I cannot RAVE enough about how much I ADORE this blush, LOVE it!!
    I also have it in Pink Frosting & Peach Satin and love them all. Rose Petal looks very natural on my NC-20-25 skin and is a color that I often reach for when I'm going for a natural look, especially when I use my UD Naked palette. I like Dream Mouse blushes as good or better than my NARS Penny Lane cream blush and find that I actually use them more often than most of my high end blushes!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Drigsby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible product, I bought this because of all the rave reviews about peach satin (it's not my color, but rose petal is). The texture of the product feels awesome but I have to put ALOT on in order to show pigment. A few measly hours later, the color is gone.

I would not buy this gain.

Additionally, this a mega glitter bomb. I mean, it looks like you swatched *glitter* over your cheeks after applying blush... not professional at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Chrysantza

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A really terrific D/S product!

I bought this at CVS when it was on sale. Normally I don't like buying blush without sampling it, but at just a couple bucks, what did I have to lose? It turned out to be a lovely natural-looking blush with a soft texture and easy to blend.

I'm a very cool-toned PPP with normal-to-dry aging skin and this product blends nicely and looks very natural. I dab it on a bit at a time and blend, using a brush or Sonia Kashuk foundation sponge (never fingers!). The texture is soft and light, not greasy, and I find it easy to blend and layer it without looking like a clown.

A D/S winner!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went to my local ULTA today to find a cream blush similar to my beloved MOCHA powder blush my MAC. I found that the older I get, the more often I have to apply blush or it will disappear into my skin my lunch! I brought my MAC powder blush w/ me for sake of comparison. I went to the SA and asked what would be comparable to this- she first pointed out to Cargo- a buildable cream blush and it was a direct match. At $32 for a small neosporin-like tube, I thought it was sorta steep for my wallet. I still took it and walked around the store to see if i can find something more wallet friendly.

I went to the maybelline aisle and was looking thru the blushes. I picked up Rose Petal and thought the color was similar to my MAC. I put the Cargo blush back and went with the $6.99 maybelline blush instead. After i paid for it, I instantly opened the pot and compared it to Mocha. OMG! Exact match!! I couldn't wait to try it on my face. I put some on and it was exactly the same color! I really didn't care about the shimmer because it was very subtle (just as much as the more expensive Nars or MAC) so that didn't bother me. I couldn't even tell there was shimmer in it unless I am looking at the jar itself. It blended well w/ my skintone and gave my skin just enough color like I have been out in the cold and my cheeks were flushed. As far as the staying power,, I just put it on about 2 hours ago while I was in the store and so far, so good. I will really test out the staying power tomorrow when I go to work. But I am very pleased about the purchase and I will definitely repurchase once I run out. Great buy/ great find!!

UPDATE: After two days of using this, I have to say it STAYS on! I put it on in the morning around 7am and by the day's end and all thru dinner until i take it off at 930pm it was still on w/ NO reapplying! No joke. I think I have found my cheapy HG in cream blushes. I am really happy with this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by JamieMonroe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I JUST LOVE THIS BLUSH!!! I LOVE THE PINK FROSTING ONE TOO:p THEY ARE SUCH PRETTY COLORS AND THEY LOOK SO GOOD!! If you are into Pink Blushes like me pick these up!! I LOVE LOVE the Rose Petal is is such a beautiful Rose color with a Little bit of shimmer.I LOVE LOVE Pink Frosting too..It is such a pretty light pink Color...I have Bought about 5 different colors and they are all such great colors but these 2 are my all time Favorite:P I am almost out of Rose Petal and Pink Frosting so i have to go pick up more soon..They are so soft and creamy:P

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by eks91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lovely colour for me on first application, texture is smooth to touch. Throughout the day however, it doesn't seem as strong as in the morning so I am more happy with regular touch ups. Easily buildable colour! Love it, would buy again but I would like to try more blushers. I previously was using a bourgeois one which I loved (left it on the train :-( ) and now I am using BeneFit's Bella bamba.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by sellthekid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Hey hey! I have very fair skin. Blush is important to my face type because I need a lift of light around my cheeks or else my whiteness seems to wash everything out. I am a MACaholic by day normally but since they are reformulating their amazing cream blushes, I found myself getting this product as a temporary fix. I wanted a soft light pink and the pink frosting color went on too bright for me even though it can be buffed down and it looks nice on my blonde friend....I have dark red and brown hair at the moment with very pale eyes so this color showed up the best. I put a MAC highlighting powder called belightful over this and it stayed on all day and I applied it with my fingers over my foundation. It was super fast and easy. It gave me a nice soft rosy cheek.