August 20, 2014 | 1831 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by UrbanDecaygoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I felt as if I had ran out of options with the hyperpigmentation of the skin above and below my lips. I felt like I had a mustache and I was so self conscious and embarrassed. I wanted a product that would travel well, as I was getting ready to go on a cruise. I usually use Philosophy's The Microdelivery Peel Pads, but they were out of stock. The skin care consultant recommended the PTR Un-Wrinkle Pads. I started with the 30 seconds application time and gradually increased the time to 3 minutes before rinsing. I have been using these for two months, three times a week, and have seen a remarkable difference! I no longer have a "mustache". My other age spots have diminished as well. I experience a little burning when I first apply the pads, but this goes away in time. My skin also dried out a little, but I combat that with moisturizer. The packaging allows this product to fit easily in a travel makeup bag. Overall, I've had a great experience with PTR and would definitely purchase this product again!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Amazing little pads!!
These came as part of a PTR kit and I love them!!! I only use one every few days--maybe once a week....Wow do they work!!
You smooth it on all over your face and let it sit for 30 secs to 3 minutes, then rinse with cool water. Seriously, skin like a baby's butt!!! Wow!
Because my skin is very sensitive, I have to wait a few days between uses but omg is my skin smooth and nice!
This jar is going to last me a really long time....and it's on auto-delivery so I'll get another whole kit in like 60 days--The cost of the whole kit is just more than the price of one of these tubs of pads, so it is a great deal!!
I had to take off a couple of lippies for the container...it looks like a Stridex jar and that's kinda tacky for such a upscale prod line.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by hypergal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ever since I've stopped my medication (not an acne medication), I started to have whiteheads on my cheeks. They don't seem to stop appearing no matter what medications (Oxy 10% benzoyl peroxide or Mario Badescu buffering lotion and drying lotion) I used. This condition went on for a few weeks causing numerous red bumps on my face. My friends were surprised. My skin is fairly normal with the occasional pimples when that time of the month comes (combination + oily skin condition).

I decided to purchase this due to the very positive reviews. I started to use it on alternate days for the first week ( at night for 3 mins) to acclimatize my skin to the acid. After that, I used it every night on the second and third week (5-10 mins). Am I glad I've purchased this product! At the end of the first week, I saw a huge difference. The whiteheads and red bumps had subside! (Oh, I did have some purging but it cleared up within the first week.) At the end of the second week, no more bumps! My skin felt smoother by then (which is a first!). The red marks weren't as obvious as before. After using this product, I use a pump of PTR glycolic gel and Mario Badescu buffering lotion.

It has been a month now, my skin is so much better. Smooth, less bumps, red marks are fading and any new whiteheads/pimples will be gone in a day or two. Now I use this on alternate days to give my skin a rest.

This product is indeed expensive. So I usually buy it during sale and like other viewers, I cut the pads into half. Totally adore this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 6:44:00 AM More reviews by Vanad1s

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am 42 but I look much younger, perhaps as young as 20 - bus drivers ask me if I want a student's discount and sometimes I have to show ID when I want to buy alcohol. My key products are:
- Sun screen. I've used sun screen religiously since I was twenty (Shiseido ultra smooth spf 36 is the best I've tried).
- Retinol Resq. I started using this after my third child was born and I got huge pimples for the first time in my life. Retinol Resq got rid of the acne problem, and also wiped a few years off my face.
- Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads. Previously I used Souffle 12% AHA but the pads are more efficient, my skin really glows.

I use the pads in the morning, retinol in the evening. Always sun screen in daytime, even if I live in a country where we don't have that much sun in winter.

During the first week with the PTR peel pads, I left it on for a minute, gradually increasing the time. I got a few small pimples while my skin adjusted, but now everything is fine. The peel pads mean that I can use less of other products.

Using both the pads and retinol is probably risky if you have sensitive skin - my own skin is pretty sensitive so I have to pay attention to any burning sensation. Find a scedule that works for you, I sometimes have a break and just let my skin rest. Sunscreen is a must. Do allergy tests and use small amounts to begin with. This product may not suit everyone, but I love it.

Tons of compliments from husband who says "whatever you're doing, keep doing it".

9 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by LBooz16

Don't waste your money people!! It's in jar packaging so any active ingredients in this immediately start to diminish the second you unscrew the lid and air and light get to the product. I have used them because I got them as gratis at work from the rep and they made no real difference anyway. But science doesn't lie people air and light will destroy any ingredients in jar packaging.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although I was worried about irritation, I didn't get too much of it.

Overall these are whatever quality. Peter Thomas Roth is SO SO SO OVERPRICED!!!. With these pads early on because they have already significantly improved some of the areas on my face very prone to clogging.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate to say this because it has such positive feedback, but these pads broke me out SO BAD!!!

It didn't irritate my face but put a bunch of red spots all over my face by day 5. I thought my skin was just cleaning itself but it just progressively got worse and worse!!

Sorry but this product is not good at all for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Sparkly2013

My face broke out horribly from using Retinol. After the suggestion from a friend to try these I placed my order and began using them nightly. What a difference! It took about two weeks but my skin looks so good, barely a bump left and nice and smooth. Other people noted feeling a burning sensation but I never had that. Normally my skin is quite sensitive but this works so well for it! Holy grail for sure

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by 8ar8ie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! I've been on Retin-A micro since I was a teenager. My derm recommended light facial peels once a month to keep my skin smooth.

I use this probably once or twice a week but never on the same day as I use my Retin-A. This stuff makes my skin so smooth and less oily. It also helps with the hyperpigmentation I have because I suffer from hormonal acne. These peel pads has definitely helped with my skin and it does not contain any pore clogging ingredients!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Biutifly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have brown spots on my face ( mainly cheeks and top of upper nose) due to hormonal imbalance and blackheads on my nose. I'm 36 and have had this for 5 yrs. I tried Cheap stuff, home remedies, vitamins, drinks and even did the Retin-A thing combined with Obagi. It only got worse! I used to wear so many layers of makeup. I work at a school and kids would ask me "Ms., why do u wear so much makeup?" Soo embarrassing and I was very self conscious. I now have been using this for one month exactly (I wanted to really wait b4 posting my 1st review ever) and I also use half a pad bc they are expensive and half is plenty. I use it Morning and night, everyday! In the AM I leave it on 10 min due to lack of time. Pm I wear it 45 to an hr. yes I do! My face looks so much better! More youthful, radiant, even toned... Spots are still there but are very soft looking as if fading. Like looking through a soft focus lens on a camera. I am in love with my face. I wear half the makeup now! My goal is to apply one single pump of my Mac Pro Longwear foundation (used to wear 4) the pores and blackheads have greatly reduced in size where I don't notice or stare at them in the mirror anymore. This is all after one month, imagine after 3 or 6 months! I can't wait!!!!!!!! I can't recommend this enough. I will re purchase. There is a slight itching sensation but nothing I can't handle. No redness. No dryness. No random pimples, only clear skin :-) Your friend, Biutifly

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No