July 26, 2014 | 1199 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Volume Clubbing

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by MakeupGeekx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Other Eyes: Green

This product is slightly clumpy even when I've brushed my lashes with a comb afterwards, though it does give amazing volume.

I tend to curl my lashes before applying mascara, and I always use two layers, and with this mascara the result is stunning, my lashes are always above my eyebrows at the end!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 9:17:00 AM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is probably the best mascara I've used so far. It gives me mega-volume (the more, the merrier, as far as I'm concerned), doesn't clump, won't rub off, flake or give me panda eyes - there really is nothing I can say against this mascara. It doesn't come off as easily as other, "lighter" mascaras, but nothing waterproof makeup remover can't handle.

Since there seems to be some some confusion on how to actually use this mascara properly, here's how I do it:

1. Apply mascara to lashes with "flat" side of brush. This will clump - don't worry about it.

2. Do not re-dip into the tube. Turn the brush around and comb the lashes out with the "full" side of the brush.

3. Repeat on other eye.

That's it! Super simple. Using one dip per eye and working quickly makes sure you don't get too much gunk on your lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by NigheanRuadh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this. I have had the hardest time finding it lately, only reason I haven't been repurchasing. It does a great job with volume, and is the only mascara I've found to do what it does.
It stays great in the summer, something even some waterproofs fail at.
In regards to it being a bit clumpy, I do agree, however I use the Sonia Kashuk lash comb (a serious must - no spider lashes ever) so I don't have problems with clumping after using the comb. Makes my lashes so amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by selects

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i LOVE this product. i have bought it again and again and will continue to do so. i use mirinesse sexy secret weapon mascara first, then top up with this one. it gives me massive lashes with no problems of clumping, i think if you use a mascara that gives you nice fan lashes first this is perfect to add extra volume, length and colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by HollyberryBee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I Got Given This For Christmas And To Be Perfectly Honest I Don't Get The Bad Reviews. Its An Amazing Mascara With A Very Unique Brush And I Love It. I Found Out There Is A Special Way Of Putting It On To Get The Full Effect And My Lashes Look Great. Really Love This Product!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2010 7:44:00 AM More reviews by theodoradb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's terribly clumpy. It gave me like four thick lashes. I don't know if there is a way to make it work but I can't be bothered. I don't want to have to try hard to get half a decent effect when there are other mascaras out there that are much easier to work with. So I didn't bother with it and then I just threw it away after it had been gathering dust for some months. What a waste of money/product.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2010 7:37:00 AM More reviews by leenafuss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really don't like this mascara. The brush is too big. The mascara clumps terribly. The formulation is too wet and makes my lashes stick together. By far the worst mascara I have ever tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2010 9:48:00 AM More reviews by kristinacakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have large eyes with fairly long lashes so this does insane things in making them stand out. I love chunky mascara wands with lashings of product. I will admit that It's not the most amazing mascara I've ever used (the product is quite thick and has sometimes been a pain to work with) but I will most probably re-purchase down the line due to how well it coats my lashes from root to tip, how pigmented it is and for it's staying power.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2010 8:44:00 AM More reviews by JulesJay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mascara as I am a huge fan of Bourjois foundations so thought I would try some other of their products. I was really disappointed with this mascara. The brush is so big that is loads way to much mascara on so you end up with clumps everywhere and stuck together lashes. The brush also has no point to it- meaning that you can't reach corner lashes. I will defiantly not be buying this mascara again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by TomBoyGoneGlam

LOVE the volume this mascara gives- almost makes false lashes obsolete! The applicator is a bit weird and the formula is so thick that the first couple times you use it, you have to scrape off the excess. But, it does cover right down to the lash line, is a true matte black and doesn't flake or smear once dry. Biggest downside: it's really hard to wash off, even with oil-based eye makeup remover! Overall, this is the best mascara I've found for dramatic looks yet.